Author Topic: Who's still playing their Wii?  (Read 13836 times)

meka

Re: Who's still playing their Wii?
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2012, 06:18:20 AM »
Wii is the most profitable console of this gen is because there are a lot more "casual" gamers than "hardcore". The 3DS is a gimmick that was first tried in the 80s with the NES and SMS. Wii Fit is not a game and the virtual console is not the real thing, the original xbox can play all those games if you like emulators.

Robknoxious1

« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2012, 07:46:59 AM »
It's well known that the "casual" gamer was the key to Wii's success and profitability. I mentioned the balance board to simply illustrate how much $$$ Nintendo made compared to the other consoles this gen. A comment was made about Nintendo going downhill as a company. While the reference probably was aimed at the content more than the profitability, you can't deliver any content if you are out of business. A Turbografx site should know this better than most.

As far as content, there were plenty of quality Nintendo titles on the Wii (if you like Mario, Kirby, Zelda and Donkey Kong. Not everyone does.) Still does my Xbox 360 have more hardcore titles than my Wii. Yup. I still end up playing the Wii more though. Heck recently I've been playing my TG-16 more than 360. Go figure.

As far as the 3DS it may be a gimmick but Vita is not doing well whatever reason.

meka

« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2012, 08:39:50 AM »
I'm only interested in the games, and when I compare the games that came out after the SNES to before I much prefer the latter, but your right that it you can not make the consumer happy then your stuffed.

motdelbourt

« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2012, 08:02:54 PM »
I never bought a PS3/360, but I have a ton of Wii games, and I'm only a few hours into Xenoblade Chronicles.

I'd have to admit there are some good PS3/360 games, but not the popular ones. It's all generic sepia toned FPS. Or they throw in a few fantasy elements and call it an RPG.

esteban

« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2012, 12:59:18 AM »

I still haven't delved into the Wii library much, but jlued created a thread in the last year or two detailing TONS of promising games on the Wii.

Where's that link?

The crap:quality ratio is bad on ALL CONSOLES, as far as I'm concerned. This doesn't mean the Wii doesn't offer a bunch of compelling games. Of course, if you are primarily interested in specific genres/trends (FPS), then I can see why the Xbox360/PS3 libraries are more compelling.

|    | 

KingDrool

« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2012, 02:08:36 AM »

I still haven't delved into the Wii library much, but jlued created a thread in the last year or two detailing TONS of promising games on the Wii.

Where's that link?

It's on the first page of this thread.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

esteban

« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2012, 04:54:31 AM »

Where's that link?

Ha! Awesome
  |    | 

TR0N

« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2012, 10:59:48 PM »

Where's that link?

Ha! Awesome

Far as promising wii games go the last story is due this month  :wink:

It also feature a online multiplayer mode but only for the boss battles.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

reno5

« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2012, 12:53:03 AM »
Wii are not playing the Wii anymore...

too many old school games to play on the real hardware and too little time. So I stick on my TG16 - PC Engine games for now

blueraven

« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2012, 10:51:43 AM »
I gave it back to a friend and told him that it never left the box.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Jibbajaba

« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2012, 10:54:47 AM »
My Wii is just used for Netflix and Hulu at this point.  I never did download any VC games for it.

Chris

8bitForLife

« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2012, 02:18:54 AM »
i just beat xenoblade and i got most of the turbografx library on it but i just dont use it that much anymore and i think i have most of the decent none shovelware on it.
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

Robknoxious1

« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2012, 06:45:25 AM »
I gave it back to a friend and told him that it never left the box.
You know it's a little known fact that a person could get a lot more enjoyment out of a console once it's removed from the box and connected to a TV. There are plenty of truly great games for the Wii that could be enjoyed after this is accomplished.

Was there also a lot of junk? Yeah. Tell me one system that had a large software library that didn't. Was the Wii trash to treasure ratio worse than other systems. Probably yes because of larger than average amount of "casual" gamers. Still there's this thing called the internet. Use it and just grab the great stuff.  

blueraven

« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2012, 09:01:08 AM »
You know it's a little known fact that a person could get a lot more enjoyment out of a console once it's removed from the box and connected to a TV.

I can't detect any sarcasm in that sentence.

There are plenty of truly great games for the Wii that could be enjoyed after this is accomplished.

I'd rather just play my Duo, the games for the Wii itself were mostly trash. It really pissed me off that I needed a disc to access Netflix, and the "virtual store" where you can download old games is a complete scam to charge extra money to the people who don't frequent forums like these.

Was there also a lot of junk? Yeah. Tell me one system that had a large software library that didn't.

The Neo-Geo imo. Although I'm not going to sell my car to buy one.

Was the Wii trash to treasure ratio worse than other systems. Probably yes because of larger than average amount of "casual" gamers.

The Turbo/Pc Engine has the least ratio of shit to good games. That's why we're on this forum.

Still there's this thing called the internet. Use it and just grab the great stuff. 

I have heard of and used this internet. To talk shit about the Wii.

[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

esteban

« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2012, 09:36:35 AM »
You know it's a little known fact that a person could get a lot more enjoyment out of a console once it's removed from the box and connected to a TV.

I can't detect any sarcasm in that sentence.

There are plenty of truly great games for the Wii that could be enjoyed after this is accomplished.

I'd rather just play my Duo, the games for the Wii itself were mostly trash. It really pissed me off that I needed a disc to access Netflix, and the "virtual store" where you can download old games is a complete scam to charge extra money to the people who don't frequent forums like these.

Was there also a lot of junk? Yeah. Tell me one system that had a large software library that didn't.

The Neo-Geo imo. Although I'm not going to sell my car to buy one.

Was the Wii trash to treasure ratio worse than other systems. Probably yes because of larger than average amount of "casual" gamers.

The Turbo/Pc Engine has the least ratio of shit to good games. That's why we're on this forum.

Still there's this thing called the internet. Use it and just grab the great stuff. 

I have heard of and used this internet. To talk shit about the Wii.

In the effort to achieve peace, love and harmony:

Wii's "Netflix on a disc" was a work-around due to contractual issues. It was less-than-ideal, but the alternative would have been to WAIT EVEN LONGER before Netflix was available on Wii.

|    |