Author Topic: Who's still playing their Wii?  (Read 13841 times)

blueraven

Re: Who's still playing their Wii?
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2012, 09:44:01 AM »
We might have evolved into a new species before that would have happened.  :mrgreen:
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Robknoxious1

« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2012, 11:12:15 AM »
You know it's a little known fact that a person could get a lot more enjoyment out of a console once it's removed from the box and connected to a TV.

I can't detect any sarcasm in that sentence.
Well maybe just a little.

There are plenty of truly great games for the Wii that could be enjoyed after this is accomplished.

I'd rather just play my Duo
That's cool. I'm playing Dragon Slayer today and have been for a couple weeks when I have time. I also play Xenoblade when I can get to the TV.

the games for the Wii itself were mostly trash. It really pissed me off that I needed a disc to access Netflix, and the "virtual store" where you can download old games is a complete scam to charge extra money to the people who don't frequent forums like these.
Answering in order: Yeah. A lotta shovelware on Wii but that in no way makes the great games that was available less great. I use my Blu Ray player for Netflix but would rather use a disc on my Wii than have to pay for a gold account like my fellow Xbox 360 owners (just an example). As for the VC being a scam I would just say that while I'm not against emulators (I use one to play my old TG-16 CD's on my lap top) I don't think you can label the VC a scam for letting the legal copyright holder sell their games to those that would rather buy them for reasons of their own.

Was there also a lot of junk? Yeah. Tell me one system that had a large software library that didn't.

The Neo-Geo imo. Although I'm not going to sell my car to buy one.
Fair enough though like you point out it was an expensive and comparatively niche console.

Look in the end people are gonna love and hate what they choose. They like something because they want to and the hate something because they want to. Most won't change their minds no matter what. They'd rather miss out on the stuff they might like than quit hating on it. Human Nature.

blueraven

« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2012, 11:14:29 AM »
Look in the end people are gonna love and hate what they choose. They like something because they want to and the hate something because they want to. Most won't change their minds no matter what. They'd rather miss out on the stuff they might like than quit hating on it. Human Nature.

True that.
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

galam

« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2012, 01:27:44 AM »
I have 2 PC Engine Games

Dracula X
Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition

I have played Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition

:-s :-s :-s :-s

I picked up Cursed Mountain the other day, so yeah, I still play my Wii from time to time.  I bought Zelda Skyward Sword....and ehhhh.....just cant get into it... I wish they had included the ability to choose normal controls instead of being forced to look like a jack-ass playing it.  Not everyone wants to be forced to use motion controls.  Its nice and all, but it is a shame that Nintendo did not think about all the players when they made a Zelda game...

How is cursed mountain?

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2012, 05:23:41 AM »
Played a little Mario Bros Wii with my youngins' this past weekend.  It still has some life left in it.  Pretty great time.

BTW- For those with Netflix and a Wii, the newest Netflix update doesn't need the disc anymore.  And it's pretty excellent with some nice features.... Still doesn't beat out having it built into the TV, but it's pretty nice to have in a kids room.  :D

blueraven

« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2012, 06:28:44 AM »
BTW- For those with Netflix and a Wii, the newest Netflix update doesn't need the disc anymore. 

Sweet.
--

Robknoxious1

« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2012, 02:30:11 PM »
Well I can start Xenoblade in earnest now that I've finished Dragon Slayer (again). Also still waiting for The Last Story to arrive from Amazon. Would've had it already from GS but I had some credit at Amazon so I pre-ordered there.

munchiaz

« Reply #127 on: August 18, 2012, 07:44:20 PM »
I will be starting The last story tomorrow. I also played Rayman origin with my g/f tonight. That game is awesome

SignOfZeta

« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2012, 08:39:54 PM »
BTW- For those with Netflix and a Wii, the newest Netflix update doesn't need the disc anymore. 

Sweet.

None of the updates need the CD. You can't update CDs. The first update was "you no longer need the CD". The most recent updated added a kids version of Netflix.

As for Netflix built into TVs, in all seriousness its probably better that you have it for a console or an Apple TV or something. All hardware eventually gets abandoned. Which do you think is going to get left out of the next Netflix update, the PS3 with its 63 million users or some random model of TV that only 10,000 people ever owned?

As for all the bullshit with people showing us their hardcore gamer badge by saying they hate the Wii so much they never turn it on...just give it a rest, seriously. That's one very worn out cliche at this point. There are H@rd3C0R3 mofos on every forum of the internet giving the same tired shit. We get it, now please shut up.

Last month my girlfriend and I beat New Super Mario Bros co-op for the second time, so I guess I'm still playing it.

CPTRAVE

« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2012, 09:18:10 AM »
I use the Wii mainly for Netflix.

munchiaz

« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2012, 06:59:16 PM »
Played the The Last Story for 5 hours straight today. So far i really like it. The battle system is a lil chaotic. But not to crazy, and if u turn off auto attack its even better

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2012, 06:39:31 AM »

Sweet.

None of the updates need the CD. You can't update CDs. The first update was "you no longer need the CD". The most recent updated added a kids version of Netflix.
I guess that's what I meant.  It was a Wii-update a while back that said you no longer need a disc to play netflix.  Woo. 

Robknoxious1

« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2013, 05:21:16 AM »
Operation Rainfall nails the Trifecta with the announcement that Pandora's Tower, the third of the three titles that OR was trying to get released in North America is going to released this Spring by XSEED.

Good for them and good for Wii owners. The other two games were brilliant.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 05:24:09 AM by Robknoxious1 »

TheClash603

« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2013, 12:31:52 PM »
Operation Rainfall nails the Trifecta with the announcement that Pandora's Tower, the third of the three titles that OR was trying to get released in North America is going to released this Spring by XSEED.

I decided the other day I would pick up Xenosaga, only to find out that a game less than a year old is already sold out in stores and nearly $100 on ebay.  Lame.

munchiaz

« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2013, 02:42:03 PM »

I decided the other day I would pick up Xenosaga, only to find out that a game less than a year old is already sold out in stores and nearly $100 on ebay.  Lame.

Yup, Xenoblade is already a hard to find game. I actually saw a copy of it today at a gamestop. Might want to check your local ones. Also I just finished playing Muramasa a week ago. The game was so awesome. I did both Kisuke and Momohime's story. I prefer Momo's story to Kisuke. The game is also beautiful. If you have a week def pick up this hidden gem