Author Topic: Who's still playing their Wii?  (Read 13834 times)

esadajr

Re: Who's still playing their Wii?
« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2014, 11:28:57 AM »
At the very least, it's still a great emulation machine. Pretty much everything before the 32bit systems is emulated nicely.
Gaming since 1985

IrishNinja

« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2014, 08:33:08 AM »
man, i'm still buying games for my wii - just found Pandora's Tower new for $20 at a nearby gamestop, and Ultimate Shooting Collection is awesome as well, thought most of what i play there is Radirgy.
Cuttin' hangtabs since christmas '86

Ninja16608

« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2014, 03:18:39 AM »
I haven't used my Wii in forever.

In fact, we bought a new entertainment center, and I left my PS3 and 360 still hooked up, but actually opted to pack up the wii as I never use it.

Anyone else in this boat?

Been packed up. Now after reading this I might have to pull it out and play some Final Fantasy and Castlevania on it :-). The games for the Wii are alright but I'm not crazy about the controls, just like turning the stick sideways and playing platformers on it :-)

InfraMan

« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2014, 04:07:33 AM »
Been packed up. Now after reading this I might have to pull it out and play some Final Fantasy and Castlevania on it :-). The games for the Wii are alright but I'm not crazy about the controls, just like turning the stick sideways and playing platformers on it :-)

I think the controls work great for some games, like the Metroid Prime trilogy or No More Heroes, but they really do feel tacked-on and pointless in a lot of them. I 100% agree that turning the remote sideways for platformers is awesome, though... it feels like I'm playing a super-fancy NES :D

munchiaz

« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2014, 10:54:27 AM »
i may start playing some Wii sports again. The boxing is a good workout if you get into it, and im trying to lose some weight

Bernie

« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2014, 12:18:51 PM »
A Wii, a TB Hard Drive.....and game on.  Best emulation machine out there, and easy to install Wii games to HD from disc. 

Ninja16608

« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2014, 11:06:17 AM »
A Wii, a TB Hard Drive.....and game on.  Best emulation machine out there, and easy to install Wii games to HD from disc. 

Is the TB HD a bought add on for the Wii or will any old HD with usb work?

esadajr

« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2014, 11:50:37 AM »
Any hdd which doesnt go to sleep should work just fine. I recommend making two partitions, a Fat32 one and a wbfs one.Wii games manager is a great tool to format in wbfs and managing the hdd games.

Sent from my Sega Gamegear

Gaming since 1985

o.pwuaioc

« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2014, 12:08:57 PM »
man, i'm still buying games for my wii - just found Pandora's Tower new for $20 at a nearby gamestop, and Ultimate Shooting Collection is awesome as well, thought most of what i play there is Radirgy.
I'm still buying games for it, too. Just got Mushroom Men and Fragile Dreams the other day. Mario Kart, DKCR, TvC, 007, Okami, all quality games that I haven't finished yet and still play.

Ninja16608

« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2014, 02:23:53 AM »
Any hdd which doesnt go to sleep should work just fine. I recommend making two partitions, a Fat32 one and a wbfs one.Wii games manager is a great tool to format in wbfs and managing the hdd games.

Sent from my Sega Gamegear

Awesome, I have a 2 TB drive,  going to give it a try. I have only bought NES games for the virtual, do they have turbo button control on the Wii or are we stuck in PCE non turbo pad mode?

Neorebel

« Reply #175 on: May 14, 2014, 05:06:16 PM »
I still play my Wii. I do mostly use it for the virtual console games through component. I have most of the TG16 games I bought back in the day on the original format now, but those and some other systems have games I cannot afford so it's fun playing them in this form on my Trinitron CRT

Ratix

« Reply #176 on: June 07, 2014, 03:17:37 AM »
it doesn't get much love but its still hooked up. since its now a dedicated dos machine.
dosbox runs extremely well now with the games i play on it so im set.

GohanX

« Reply #177 on: June 07, 2014, 01:53:58 PM »
Have you tried any of the Wing Commander games in dosbox? Playing WC 1 or 2 on the tv would be ridiculously awesome.

Ratix

« Reply #178 on: June 09, 2014, 08:18:48 AM »
nope i haven't. If the game you want running is for a 386 and 25mhz or less it should run perfectly. I can say that some games surprise me that they even work.

blueraven

« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2014, 06:11:56 AM »
Damn. Haven't seen you on on years, Ratix.

I just recently sold my Wii to my neighbor and he gave it to his kids. I don't miss it much.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol