Author Topic: Who's still playing their Wii?  (Read 13840 times)

Michirin9801

Re: Who's still playing their Wii?
« Reply #225 on: June 18, 2017, 04:17:50 PM »
My parents apparently found a copy of Castlevania: Judgement at a yard sale for a few bucks, because they gave me the first game they've bought for me in 15+ years today.  I've never played it, so I hope it doesn't suck, but it was a nice gesture anyway.

It's not bad, but go into it with low expectations, it's a 3D Castlevania game after all, and a very simplistic (read: "shallow") fighting game, it's not gonna blow your socks off, but I enjoy it for the presentation, it's got some really good graphics and music, I'd say it's worth playing for the music alone!
Oh and, I'd also recommend changing the voices to Japanese...

It's worth a few playthroughs but you'll probably not be coming back to it after you beat the campaign with each character once or twice...

[Edit]
ONE MORE THING!!
Play with the Classic Controller... Enough said...

esteban

« Reply #226 on: June 18, 2017, 11:59:31 PM »
Castlevania: Judgement Suspended
  |    | 

Mas

« Reply #227 on: June 20, 2017, 12:59:14 AM »
Was playing the wii yesterday. playing punch out and a little rondo of blood. In reality for what its worth I have my wii with a hardrive and I have so many good games. The wiiware and vr and the wii games itself there really is a good amount of titles on that thing

T2KFreeker

« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2017, 12:28:31 PM »
I still play because of Cursed Mountain. Really cool stuff, actually.
END OF LINE.

Mas

« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2017, 02:06:27 PM »
Man I was just playing castlevania rebirth and what a great game that is. The music already started off with the Genesis soundtrack of castlevania on the first stage following by really good music for the second and third stage. That's as far as I got so far but damn what a game. I love the key option to go to a different section of the stage.
If anyone has not picked up any of the konami remakes I highly recommend it

Michirin9801

« Reply #230 on: June 24, 2017, 02:59:49 PM »
Castlevania Rebirth has probably my favourite soundtrack in the series!
You should really look up the unused song "Battle of the Holy" it seriously rocks!
I wish more modern games sounded like this...

Dicer

« Reply #231 on: June 24, 2017, 04:10:23 PM »
My Wii is my retro station until I get around to making a pi setup proper, the it'll get moved down to the living room for my uncle to use.

Mas

« Reply #232 on: June 25, 2017, 12:28:48 AM »
See my red Wii is set up to the max I have a 500 gig hard drive
Over 100 Wii games
Tg16
Nes
SMS
Snes
Genesis
And a ton of wiiware games. Plus my tatsunoko arcade stick really sealed the deal for it.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #233 on: June 25, 2017, 10:24:06 AM »
Thank god I'm not the only one who has fallen in love with Castlevania Rebirth's music.

Mas, if you hold down right on the d-pad on the start screen, you can access a level select for every stage you've accessed in the game so far.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 10:25:47 AM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Mas

« Reply #234 on: June 25, 2017, 01:30:56 PM »
Live the music on castlevania. The second stage music has been in my head all day. I'm going to really have patience and try to beat it

Mas

« Reply #235 on: July 09, 2017, 12:26:47 AM »
Been using my nes classic controller for playing rondo of blood on the tg16. The nes controller is very good for the tg16 games. I also have used the Wiimote on the nes and with the settings I made the wiimote turn into the nes zapper so now I had the gun accessory and was playing duck hunt on the nes. It worked for hogans ally also

blueraven

« Reply #236 on: July 09, 2017, 08:25:18 AM »
This thread is surreal because I just looked back and realized that I had posted in it back in 2011, which is strange to me because I think I had a Wii for about a month before I traded it to someone.

I keep wondering when this thread will finally die but some of you really enjoy this console. I always thought the scheme of downloading 8-bit nintendo and Turbo games would go the way of the sega channel, but the console has an almost cult following now. The only system that I ever owned for a shorter period of time was the gamecube, because I couldn't wrap my head around how stupid the design was, and the proprietary backwards-running laser.

...so yeah I think the Wii is dumb, and really dont like the art/branding/avatars.

It's like they hired the character designers for "Super Adventure Time" to compensate for the bad graphics. Also, I've never been more disappointed with the cover artwork of a game system in recent memory. N64 does not count as recent memory. 
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #237 on: July 09, 2017, 08:36:29 AM »
Been using my nes classic controller for playing rondo of blood on the tg16. The nes controller is very good for the tg16 games.
I did the same, works fine for Rondo. The only thing I'm missing are the turbo switches.
I also have used the Wiimote on the nes and with the settings I made the wiimote turn into the nes zapper so now I had the gun accessory and was playing duck hunt on the nes. It worked for hogans ally also
You used the Wiimote with an original NES as a Zappper substitute? Please let us know how you did this.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Michirin9801

« Reply #238 on: July 09, 2017, 10:09:28 AM »
This thread is surreal because I just looked back and realized that I had posted in it back in 2011, which is strange to me because I think I had a Wii for about a month before I traded it to someone.

I keep wondering when this thread will finally die but some of you really enjoy this console. I always thought the scheme of downloading 8-bit nintendo and Turbo games would go the way of the sega channel, but the console has an almost cult following now. The only system that I ever owned for a shorter period of time was the gamecube, because I couldn't wrap my head around how stupid the design was, and the proprietary backwards-running laser.

...so yeah I think the Wii is dumb, and really dont like the art/branding/avatars.

What I personally don't get is how can somebody hate on a console they have barely even played...

To be honest, I pretty much don't use my Wii for playing actual Wii games anymore (even though there are still quite a few Wii games that I want to play eventually) I just use it as an emulation machine, I've recently installed Retroarch on mine, and now I can play CPS1, CPS2 and Neo Geo on it using my Classic Controller Pro (which btw is probably the best controller Nintendo made since the SNES controller, minus the D-pad which is not as good as the one on the Wiimote itself or on their handhelds) and well, it works pretty well! It won't run every game, In fact, I think it runs less than half of the games, but the ones that it does run work pretty much flawlessly, but then again my Wii is outdated, perhaps it will run more games if I update it without somehow bricking it? But eh, I can play D&D Shadow over Mystara and Battle Circuit on it and they run pretty much perfectly! Not to mention the quality of the image is spectacular on my CRT! I can adjust the resolution in Retroarch so that it will run at the exact same resolution of the arcade and it looks great even through composite! But this finally convinced me to go and get Component cables for my Wii so that it will look even better and get rid of those rainbow patterns whenever there's dithering going on...

That's of course not to mention that both the Wii and the Game Cube have a s***load of really good games! I'm just not playing them anymore because I've already beaten most of them and I'd rather play TurboGrafx-16/CD through WiiMednafen on it instead (which btw is the best version of Mednafen I've ever used because I don't have to do stuff through command line or go out of my way to get a GUI that may or may not work, no, it simply just works you know what I mean? All I had to do was put the CD bios in the system folder and load my external HDD with ISOs and ROMs and then play them, it doesn't get any better than that...)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 10:11:03 AM by Michirin9801 »

blueraven

« Reply #239 on: July 09, 2017, 10:51:15 AM »
What I personally don't get is how can somebody hate on a console they have barely even played...

Please reread my post. I said that I OWNED one for about a month. I made no reference to the countless hours playing through it's trash library before taking one in trade.

To be honest, I pretty much don't use my Wii for playing actual Wii games anymore (even though there are still quite a few Wii games that I want to play eventually) I just use it as an emulation machine,

This is what pisses me off about the console. The emulation and "store" charges you $4.99 for games that you already have.

I've recently installed Retroarch on mine, and now I can play CPS1, CPS2 and Neo Geo on it using my Classic Controller Pro (which btw is probably the best controller Nintendo made since the SNES controller, minus the D-pad which is not as good as the one on the Wiimote itself or on their handhelds) and well, it works pretty well! It won't run every game, In fact, I think it runs less than half of the games,

Again, half the games run under emulation. This is beyond a fail.

but the ones that it does run work pretty much flawlessly, but then again my Wii is outdated, perhaps it will run more games if I update it without somehow bricking it? But eh, I can play D&D Shadow over Mystara and Battle Circuit on it and they run pretty much perfectly! Not to mention the quality of the image is spectacular on my CRT! I can adjust the resolution in Retroarch so that it will run at the exact same resolution of the arcade and it looks great even through composite! But this finally convinced me to go and get Component cables for my Wii so that it will look even better and get rid of those rainbow patterns whenever there's dithering going on...

I'm not convinced hooking a Wii up to a CRT would enjoy my experience at all. I have two PVM's in my office and it seems kind of redundant.

That's of course not to mention that both the Wii and the Game Cube have a s***load of really good games!

It's ok you can swear here. Shitload.

I'm just not playing them anymore because I've already beaten most of them and I'd rather play TurboGrafx-16/CD through WiiMednafen on it instead

Ok, that's the point. Right here. That the Wii is so shitty, that the only possible use for it is that you can play turbo games for it on a CRT. WHY NOT JUST PLAY TURBO.

(you know what I mean?  ...it doesn't get any better than that...)

Actually yeah it does. You basically said that the Wii is a useless pile of crap now that you don't play the games, and have resorted to using it for Turbo emulation. Through a PVM.

I have this PC Engine. I plug it in. I play it on my PVM. It's so many fewer steps.

WHY INTERNET WHY
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol