Author Topic: Rondo of Blood English Patch (PSP to TurboGrafx-CD).  (Read 31308 times)

HailingTheThings

Re: Rondo of Blood English Patch (PSP to TurboGrafx-CD).
« Reply #435 on: May 08, 2014, 06:23:57 PM »
I think he meant a professionally produced CD-R (printed label on an otherwise regular CD-R).  It's probably a bit better quality than a run of the mill cheap CD-R bought at Walmart, but it's definitely not as good as a real pressed disc.

Yes. That's what I meant. Thank you.

malaxian

« Reply #436 on: August 27, 2014, 09:08:15 PM »
hello,

great project. would somebody be able to post version 0.95 patch love to try the older version which I have seen referenced several times before.

thanks in advance.

M

Nighttrate

« Reply #437 on: August 28, 2014, 06:48:12 AM »
Well, I retract my previous position. I don't care if my work is used for a closed community pressing, for PCFX members and such. I think I was overly worried for nothing. I just didn't want my name attached to something pirated (selling of), when I'm trying to get a career in CS/programming.

Of course, you still have other people's work in this project. Fragmare's title screen work, the translation text, ADPCM audio, etc. Though the text and audio can easily be redone, as a new project. But Fragmare's title screen is pretty awesome. Would be nice to keep that.

Now these are what my translated burnt CDs look like, I may take the time to swop the Dracula x logo for Castlevania as I hate plain CDs & have the resources note these are not ink jet printed cd & will last forever

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #438 on: August 28, 2014, 06:57:23 AM »
Those look nice.  Are they done on a thermal printer or.... ?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Nighttrate

« Reply #439 on: August 28, 2014, 07:47:40 AM »
Those look nice.  Are they done on a thermal printer or.... ?

Yes mate

Nighttrate

« Reply #440 on: August 28, 2014, 07:53:55 AM »
This is the one I made today with the Castlevania logo attached

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #441 on: August 28, 2014, 08:18:17 AM »
This is the one I made today with the Castlevania logo attached

It definitely looks nice!
--DragonmasterDan

Sadler

« Reply #442 on: August 28, 2014, 08:20:43 AM »
That looks great. Are there any printers under a few hundred that can do that that you recommend?

Nighttrate

« Reply #443 on: August 28, 2014, 08:49:44 AM »
That looks great. Are there any printers under a few hundred that can do that that you recommend?

When you say printers do you mean Machines or people that will print them?

Sadler

« Reply #444 on: August 28, 2014, 08:59:45 AM »
I meant machines, but I'd be open to finding people who would do so. Kinkos is who I usually go to for handling printing jobs I can't do at home, but I'm not sure they can do thermal printing on CDs. I've never checked though, to be honest I didn't know that was a thing. Your prints look significantly better than the lightscribes I've done.

Nighttrate

« Reply #445 on: August 28, 2014, 09:54:20 AM »
I meant machines, but I'd be open to finding people who would do so. Kinkos is who I usually go to for handling printing jobs I can't do at home, but I'm not sure they can do thermal printing on CDs. I've never checked though, to be honest I didn't know that was a thing. Your prints look significantly better than the lightscribes I've done.

I don't think there are any Themal printers @ that price but it kicks light scribes ass all day & gives the next best thing to a pressed CD

NightWolve

« Reply #446 on: August 28, 2014, 07:00:51 PM »
Interesting, haven't heard about thermal printers.

Nighttrate

« Reply #447 on: August 28, 2014, 08:46:03 PM »
Interesting, haven't heard about thermal printers.

They have been around for decades but the price has never really come down on them, I have a company that produce's CDs & DVDs for artist Dj's & record labels so have a few & used my grafix knowledge to scan / designs the above covers.

You got to admit they look good for a none glass mastered (pressed) Cd also the process would be a cheaper alternative for any home brewer looking to make a PCE / TG CD game.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 01:38:59 AM by Nighttrate »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #448 on: August 29, 2014, 03:09:55 AM »
Based on googlerins fro comptints and not personal experience: there are cheaper printers, but they're still a few hundred dollars, the 'ink' ribbons are expensive, and they're not very good in terms of reliability or print quality.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Nighttrate

« Reply #449 on: August 29, 2014, 04:29:59 AM »
Based on googlerins fro comptints and not personal experience: there are cheaper printers, but they're still a few hundred dollars, the 'ink' ribbons are expensive, and they're not very good in terms of reliability or print quality.

I've had experienced with both ink jet & thermal, the thermal is the best out of the all printers mine are factory standard & very expensive. Some printers say there thermal when they are in fact ink printers.

Also the thermal disks are some of the most reliable of all CD-R's my White PCE suitcase has no problems with playing them first time every time