Author Topic: Modding/repair services!  (Read 1352 times)

ApolloBoy

Re: Modding/repair services!
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2012, 05:52:19 PM »
Updated my list. Removed a few systems for the time being as I'd like to specialize in systems I feel more comfortable working on.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

ApolloBoy

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2012, 08:08:28 AM »
Added a couple more mods, including component video for early SNESes and a BIOS mod for the SMS!
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2012, 05:31:29 PM »
On the Snes component mod, what are you using on pin 1 and 24 off the chip to boost color, and also what are you using on pin 7 off the AV port?

ApolloBoy

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2012, 06:31:21 AM »
On the Snes component mod, what are you using on pin 1 and 24 off the chip to boost color, and also what are you using on pin 7 off the AV port?
It depends on the encoder, as there's two on the SNES that output component. I tap luma off the AV port for both and use a 75 ohm resistor as that seems to work best for people. For the BA6592, I use two 2N3904s and two 1K ohm resistors, and nothing for the BA6594AF.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2012, 11:11:02 AM »
K I was wondering. Seems like this mod isnt really refined yet across the board. I gave it a go the other nite myself and found the lcd was pretty much fine with the signal, but the CRT 25 inch wasn't and had some noise/waviness in some of the image. Others were having similar issues so I was wondering what you were using and all.