Author Topic: TG-16 Manual Scans  (Read 13070 times)

FiftyQuid

Re: TG-16 Manual Scans
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2012, 04:11:37 PM »
These are killer Bernie.  Great work.  I was just looking at the Samurai Ghost manual and it is excellent.  Thank you.

Any chance of a Soldier Blade manual?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Bardoly

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2012, 04:34:17 PM »
So, who has the Magical Chase manual?
Or, who can tell me how to work the magic spells and what they do?  Also the stuff for sale in the shops - what do they do?
I just got a PC Engine copy, and I'm confused.

esteban

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2012, 09:39:26 PM »
Added a few more manuals.  I am also taking down the Hotfile links. 
Blazing Lazers
Bonks Adventure
Bomberman 93
Bravoman

I missed this! Database updated! Thanks bernie :)

ALL INSTRUCTION MANUALS @archives

|    | 

Sparky

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2012, 04:30:08 AM »
i printed directly from the pdf file of Adam Family from Acrobat and made sure to print landscape/horizontal and it printed out so damn close to size i would not worry about it. :)
again make sure you DO NOT scale to fit, print it as is!!! :)

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2012, 10:24:38 AM »
i printed directly from the pdf file of Adam Family from Acrobat and made sure to print landscape/horizontal and it printed out so damn close to size i would not worry about it. :)

How would you set it where you could print front and back?

Sparky

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2012, 04:43:57 PM »

Ya that is the tricky part... Try printing the first page then flip it upside down and print the second page but lining up is a bitch at times.

Lost Monkey

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2012, 05:04:01 PM »

Inspired by your scans, I set out to create a PDF that would print a manual with the pages in the correct order and double sided as well.  I found that a good way to do it is to take the staples out of the manual and scan each leaf separately, rename the scans in the order the sheets go together, and then create a PDF (using ImageMagick) from the JPGs. To print, I selected "Auto-Rotate and Center" on the print options, and under the printer's setup, chose "Duplex" (or 2 sided), with the short side (stapling left) option on - otherwise, the back side of each leaf will be printed upside down.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 05:09:21 PM by Lost Monkey »

esteban

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2012, 06:52:18 PM »

Inspired by your scans, I set out to create a PDF that would print a manual with the pages in the correct order and double sided as well.  I found that a good way to do it is to take the staples out of the manual and scan each leaf separately, rename the scans in the order the sheets go together, and then create a PDF (using ImageMagick) from the JPGs. To print, I selected "Auto-Rotate and Center" on the print options, and under the printer's setup, chose "Duplex" (or 2 sided), with the short side (stapling left) option on - otherwise, the back side of each leaf will be printed upside down.

Awesome.

I know this is crazy, but if you (and others) created specialized files for printing reproductions, I would add them to the Archives. It would truly be a labor of love to create these .pdf's. Also, I wouldn't want unscrupulous ebay sellers to pass these off as originals. But, I suppose that comes with the territory.

|    | 

tpivette

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2012, 11:13:17 PM »
Would adding Dungeon Explorer 2 be a possibility? I just picked up the PCE version and reading over an english manual would help get me started
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2012, 11:20:57 PM »
I will get DE II scanned today vette!  :)

tpivette

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2012, 01:26:39 AM »
Sweet! Thanks Bernie
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2012, 05:35:02 AM »
Would adding Dungeon Explorer 2 be a possibility? I just picked up the PCE version and reading over an english manual would help get me started
Scanning now, will have it uploaded by this afternoon sometime, along with Ys IV.

Dungeon Explorer II and Ys IV english manual uploaded.  First post edited to reflect changes.  Thanks to Sadler for the cover and inside cover images for the Ys IV manual. :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 06:09:03 AM by Bernie »

Keith Courage

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2012, 06:28:47 AM »

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2012, 06:43:36 AM »
Thanks Keith, however these scans are done at a much bigger resolution, and of higher quality.  The one they have is 2.5 meg, mine is 16.  All of these are also being hosted at TG16, estaban's site.  :)

esteban

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2012, 07:49:57 PM »
Thanks Keith, however these scans are done at a much bigger resolution, and of higher quality.  The one they have is 2.5 meg, mine is 16.  All of these are also being hosted at TG16, estaban's site.  :)

New manuals added!

http://archives.tg-16.com/magazine_database.htm?col=pub&val=instr#sizer
  |    |