Author Topic: TG-16 Manual Scans  (Read 13266 times)

IrishNinja

Re: TG-16 Manual Scans
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2014, 11:29:36 AM »
Holy crap, excellent resource, thanks OP!  got everything i need but uh, Splatterhoue, Ninja Spirit & Vigilante. need to sort out how to print these over at kinko's now!
Cuttin' hangtabs since christmas '86

Phase

« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2014, 12:50:13 PM »
+1 Great resource, I've been using these to keep my originals from wearing out or getting damaged, as well as games I don't have the manuals for.

Here are some scanning tips I use on my cover project stuff that may help out.
1-Put black paper behind the manual pages, this helps reduce images and text from the other side to show through. Also helps reduce glare around the sides if the black paper is bigger than the page. (I got some black paper at an art supply store)
2-Put something flat on top of the page with a 2.5 pound weight on it for better/flatter compression, some scanner lids don't do a very good job.
3-Descreen scanner option should help on these if your not using it already.

Arjak

« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2014, 01:24:49 PM »
Esteban, why isn't the last manual I sent you in the database yet? You're not getting lazy like me, are you? :P

Also, I'll try to finish up the next manual I've been working on soon. I know it's been a while since I promised it, but it's still in my mind.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

warpig227

« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2014, 02:25:17 PM »
this is awesome thanks for putting the effort and doing this !

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2014, 02:27:08 PM »
Are we still on for pc engine manual scans?  If so, I'll start scanning asap.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2014, 10:04:49 AM »
I'm going to try to knock out TV Sports Football today. I'm sick and tired of everyone bashing this classic because they don't know how to play it.  Best game in the entire TG/PCE library!

Noooooooo!!!1!!

wildfruit

« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2014, 11:33:50 AM »
I'm going to try to knock out TV Sports Football today. I'm sick and tired of everyone bashing this classic because they don't know how to play it.  Best game in the entire TG/PCE library!

I got this game to try and help me figure out the rules of this curious game you call football.
Needless to say it did not.

OGHUGO

« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2014, 11:43:11 AM »
Hey Bernie thanks for the manuals..  I'm wondering if I can take these to let's say kinkos or staples and get the actual manual printed and cut just like the original manual in glossy paper..  Has anyone tried that ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2014, 01:31:14 PM »
Hey Bernie thanks for the manuals..  I'm wondering if I can take these to let's say kinkos or staples and get the actual manual printed and cut just like the original manual in glossy paper..  Has anyone tried that ?

Some folks here have.  I sure someone here can give you some pointers on how to get it done.  I didn't do this with that in mind, so I am not sure really.  Also, I didn't remove the staples, so some of the thicker manual scans will be kinda outta wack. 

jelloslug

« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2014, 01:37:21 PM »

The pages will fit on a normal sheet of paper.  You will need an oversized stapler to staple them though.

OGHUGO

« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2014, 01:40:35 PM »
Ok but does it work with the front and back images so that you can cut the paper and run the staples thought the middle ?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2014, 03:52:59 AM »
You'll have to reorder the sheets for that to work, but it can be done.

Sent from a keyboard using a dialing wand.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

jelloslug

« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2014, 05:51:48 AM »
Ok but does it work with the front and back images so that you can cut the paper and run the staples thought the middle ?

Yep, you will have to reorder the pages to have it come out correctly.  I use Publisher to reorder the pages and to get them the right size and I have an extra deep stapler to staple them all together.

esteban

« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2014, 06:47:20 AM »

Are we still on for pc engine manual scans?  If so, I'll start scanning asap.

Hell yes. I say we go for it. 

|    | 

OGHUGO

« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2014, 06:52:15 AM »
I got a stupid oki printer and I can never get the front page to line up with the back page no matter what I do..  I tried this on some neo geo manual scans I had ended up just forgetting about it..  Do you think people at kinkos will look at you weird if you go and ask them for this ?