Author Topic: "not for resale" drac x?  (Read 1460 times)

esteban

Re: "not for resale" drac x?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 03:52:09 AM »

Call me crazy, but I like the good old days when I could IMMEDIATELY identify a pirated item.

|    | 

MottZilla

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 11:03:01 AM »
If it is a bootleg, atleast they were nice enough or dumb enough to make it not identical to the real thing right? I suppose we'll find out if they are bootlegs because they will probably magically find a few more to sell.

geise

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 01:22:46 AM »
:lol: What a waste of money.  More power to the collectors.
I'll go ahead and quote myself again from earlier.

thesteve

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 07:31:02 PM »
i just found the listing, and its not a bad price

MottZilla

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2012, 04:25:02 AM »
What do you mean? It's an auction. And it's ebay. No one bids until the last half second of the auction.

RegalSin

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 04:34:15 AM »
You see the problem with this, is the last person did not want to pay, basically.

thesteve

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 05:17:52 AM »
What do you mean? It's an auction. And it's ebay. No one bids until the last half second of the auction.
true

You see the problem with this, is the last person did not want to pay, basically.
WTF

soop

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 05:29:14 AM »
Oh look, he's pulled another copy out of his ass.  I call shenanigans.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 06:12:31 AM »
It's gotta be a booty.  Not just because he has multiple copies and they look too new, but also because it has full packaging like a retail release.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

MottZilla

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 08:52:34 AM »
Well someone keep a count. If someone is making bootlegs of it, we are bound to eventually see alot of them.

RegalSin

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 10:08:44 AM »
Well I brought the last, one. When it comes I will tell you. What makes me skeptical, is the disc tray. You can see the "Compact Disc" logo type, is not upside down as with a regular PCE cd, it is the other way around.
Another thing is the preview images, in comparison to my Castlevania game, they look a tad bit wider, but that might be due to the image display?

Also while the extra type, fits in just fine, are their any other PCE games out their, that have such wordings? Eitherway it is another Castlevania to collect.

Also at the edge, the insert, looks like a snug fit. The markings match my Castlevania, but it still looks differnt.

I know what you are thinking, It would be pretty easy for a Chinese person to get the tools, and get them cheap ( because chinese will bargain down, and they are proud of it ), but I brought two other games from the same seller, and they seem pretty normal.

These might actually be what the seller, says. Demo discs, that was sent out to stores to promote the gameplay, because Konomi is famous, for this in terms of Kojima, pilot discs.

thesteve

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 06:33:05 PM »
could be
i know when i got street fighter2 CE i grabbed it quick, cause it was cheap.
the seller immediately relisted it.
startled by the relist i checked his closed listings and feedback, and it all looked good (except for several more SF2 CE)

the game arrived mint except for no jewel case (all inserts, book, spine card included)

soop

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 10:15:57 PM »
I can see differences, but then he has the catch-all of it being a "not for resale promo disc".  I can think of a couple of other ways to prove it though... we have some printers on here, right?  Every printer has an almost invisible watermark detailing things like the make, model and serial number of the printer.  All we need to do is find out what equipment printed that manual, and how old it is.

*edit* oh, apparantly it has the time and date too.  Regal, fancy a spot of code breaking?  You'll need a blue light and a magnifying glass: http://lwn.net/Articles/156319/
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:22:33 PM by soop »

soop

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2012, 09:58:41 PM »
^ Same one, that's number 4.