Author Topic: "not for resale" drac x?  (Read 1456 times)

Tatsujin

Re: "not for resale" drac x?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2012, 10:14:40 PM »
Lol, why the sudden mass appearance of these?
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

esteban

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2012, 10:21:49 PM »
I can see differences, but then he has the catch-all of it being a "not for resale promo disc".  I can think of a couple of other ways to prove it though... we have some printers on here, right?  Every printer has an almost invisible watermark detailing things like the make, model and serial number of the printer.  All we need to do is find out what equipment printed that manual, and how old it is.

*edit* oh, apparantly it has the time and date too.  Regal, fancy a spot of code breaking?  You'll need a blue light and a magnifying glass: http://lwn.net/Articles/156319/

I applied blue light to the coverart and snapped a picture of the result:

What kind of code is used? I scoured the EFF site, but they don't have anything that will help us decipher this.
  |    | 

RegalSin

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2012, 01:28:41 PM »

1. Emu whatever is an advid seller/collector, and has a bunch of game items in stock, that they want to get rid of.

Tatsujin

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2012, 01:33:24 PM »

1. Emu whatever is an advid seller/collector, and has a bunch of game items in stock, that they want to get rid of.

sure that "promo" must have been released just a couple days ago then.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

KnightWarrior

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2012, 05:00:35 PM »
Let's just wait and see if it's fake

Black Tiger

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2012, 06:05:50 PM »
I can see differences, but then he has the catch-all of it being a "not for resale promo disc".  I can think of a couple of other ways to prove it though... we have some printers on here, right?  Every printer has an almost invisible watermark detailing things like the make, model and serial number of the printer.  All we need to do is find out what equipment printed that manual, and how old it is.

*edit* oh, apparantly it has the time and date too.  Regal, fancy a spot of code breaking?  You'll need a blue light and a magnifying glass: http://lwn.net/Articles/156319/

What kind of code is used? I scoured the EFF site, but they don't have anything that will help us decipher this.

The top makes sense, but the bottom part could be anything. :P
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

geise

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2012, 07:48:47 AM »
I think the bottom says "Your Mom" O:)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2012, 08:15:22 AM »
I think it's code for Wonder Momo.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2012, 03:32:07 PM »
Obey Pac-Man possibly?

GohanX

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2012, 05:44:36 PM »

He probably had to press...oh... 500 or so of them, as the CD duplicators generally won't do smaller quantities.

esteban

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2012, 11:52:04 PM »

The top makes sense, but the bottom part could be anything. :P

The bottom seems to be some kind of numeric notation, representing a series of numbers or something? It sure is Mysterious.

I dunno

|    | 

RegalSin

So inspector butters have all the details.
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2012, 11:40:39 AM »
Okay, you know what, this disc is bootleg, and the booklet is bootlegged, and I do not need any printing method to see that it is bootlegged.

1. Something that occured to me, in the image of the current item, the Disc logo is turned upside down. You can see it on the listing right now.

2. I just decide to play the game, some of the images are garbled, and garbled images comes from incorrect writing method, like from a CDR, usually. Most of the times, I do not see that, and the only time I saw that was from a disc in a magazine.

4. There is some blueish print on the back cover, you can see an indent of some sort, but it is part of the printing itself, not a mistake.

5. I put the cd in my computer, to find out the manifacturing information.
The manifacturer is called Princo. 1999 PRINCO Japan Service Center is formed to launch the company's  Japanese marketing campaign. 1991 CD Mastering begins to supply stampers for CD production.  Construction for a new factory begins. Why would Konomi, use a non-Japanese printer during the 1993, before release??.

I put my Linda 3 ( which I got from the same seller, and Castlevania X into the drive, and of course, the CD manifacturer is undentifible, because Konami, or whoever probably ordered a bunch of discs that in no way uses this identification technology.

6. The CD case is brand new, and does not match any PCE case. The case is even whiter then my Castlevania X game. I am just thinking, maybe the CD-case was replaced.

7.The plastic inner area, has no numbers, but on the clear plastic,
where I handle, I see the words JP94161084831442. ( something like that
).

8. The inside of the instructional booklet does not even have the extra print on the outside????

I can't look at the print, because it is to
o dark, but the book print is most likely photoshopped print because the fine words on the booklet is blurry then my original. The computer image does no justice all.

I honestly think the seller, just has those in stocks and it is not their fault at all. I will put images up later.

Pictures will be up, sorry pictures are blurry, used cell phone camera. but you can see details, of what I am talking about.

The only difference, one enemy, had a death animation that was slightly differnt????, and that is the only difference I see. I have to go back and play.

I am going to send the game back tommorow, unless somebody here. wants it for $140 free ship.

Mathius

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2012, 01:48:14 PM »
So you bought one of these boots???
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

esteban

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2012, 02:45:27 PM »
Those Mysterious dots, hmmmmmm:
  |    | 

Tatsujin

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2012, 04:05:56 PM »
wow regal, so what you're saying those are booties but not made recently?

can you make a pic of the different death?
www.pcedaisakusen.net