Author Topic: Necro's game clears and mindless musings  (Read 23547 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Necro's game clears and mindless musings
« Reply #150 on: August 07, 2014, 03:44:49 AM »
Do you know if there is a guide? (I haven't found any). Still, it is fun trying to figure out what every option does.

You don't really need a guide, as it's pretty linear.  There's generally only two or three places to explore at a time, and if nothing's happening where you're at, go somewhere else and poke around until you trigger something new.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

Necro's game clears and mindless musings
« Reply #151 on: August 22, 2014, 11:24:22 PM »
Clear #10 - Splatterhouse

P.S. - Is it just me or does that look a bit like Robin Williams?

R.I.P. Robin Williams
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2014, 04:20:03 AM »
Clear #39 - Atlantean

Kick ass homebrew on a 3D printed glow in the dark huey and case.  Buy one now or f*ck OFF!  :mrgreen:

The Good: sweet tunes; excellent sprite work and fantastic background graphics with loads o' parallax; great variety with different enemies that have differing attack tactics, various bosses to tackle, and mine dodging and Atlantean catching bonus levels to shake things up; and replay-ability with three difficulty levels and a score run challenge mode.

The Bad: some flicker here and there; you can't use a bomb during the short time you're invulnerable after dying, leading to loss of an Atlantean or another life when you madly dash ahead to save him; free life treasure trove practically guarantees you'll beat it (if you get to that spot); slowdown if you rush into a crowd (a quick bomb takes care of it); and at only four levels, it's kinda short.

The Ugly: NA

TheOldMan

« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2014, 06:08:20 AM »
Very nice.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #154 on: September 04, 2014, 06:39:22 AM »
I heard recently that it is possible to do 3D printing with metal instead of just resin or plastics.

Cant wait to see a TG-16 or PC Engine case done in shiny shiny metal.

esteban

Necro's game clears and mindless musings
« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2014, 04:01:37 AM »
I heard recently that it is possible to do 3D printing with metal instead of just resin or plastics.

Bonknuts has done this, I believe, but I'm not sure it was 3D printing. Rather, it might have been machined (as in, metal shop).

Clear #39 - Atlantean

Kick ass homebrew on a 3D printed glow in the dark huey and case.  Buy one now or f*ck OFF!  :mrgreen:

The Good: sweet tunes; excellent sprite work and fantastic background graphics with loads o' parallax; great variety with different enemies that have differing attack tactics, various bosses to tackle, and mine dodging and Atlantean catching bonus levels to shake things up; and replay-ability with three difficulty levels and a score run challenge mode.

The Bad: some flicker here and there; you can't use a bomb during the short time you're invulnerable after dying, leading to loss of an Atlantean or another life when you madly dash ahead to save him; free life treasure trove practically guarantees you'll beat it (if you get to that spot); slowdown if you rush into a crowd (a quick bomb takes care of it); and at only four levels, it's kinda short.

I missed this! Awesome. I gotta get ATLANTEAN.
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2014, 03:54:45 AM »
Clear #40 - Neutopia

'Tis a great clone of Zelda (not that Zelda is entirely original anyway) that everyone should enjoy.

The Good:  plenty of variation in beasties and bosses, pleasant tunes, and cute and colorful graphics.

The Bad:  there's very little story progression (having each boss say a little something before getting beat down would've helped a lot), and it's not very long or difficult.

P.S. - the princess is a bit of a whore, no?

dallaspattern

« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2014, 11:33:48 AM »
*cough*
easy now
(sexism)

seieienbu

« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2014, 11:49:10 AM »
Always liked Neutopia.  I had it a long time ago but lent it to a friend who never gave it back.  Seeing the ending screen I get the itch to play it again...
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

reno5

« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2014, 02:04:41 AM »
Really like Neutopia too. I'm at the second crypt in the sky. Need to find time to finish it (never finished neutopia before. Finished Neutopia II like 10 times... )

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2014, 02:19:36 AM »
Really like Neutopia too. I'm at the second crypt in the sky. Need to find time to finish it (never finished neutopia before. Finished Neutopia II like 10 times... )

Though I have finished it a couple times before, I'm in a similar boat:  I bought Neutopia II back in the day and beat it several times, but I didn't pick up (and beat) the original until relatively recently.  I loved part two and wanted the first outing, but I couldn't find it anywhere.  :(

jelloslug

« Reply #161 on: October 30, 2014, 04:18:49 AM »

Yes, you can print metal.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #162 on: November 10, 2014, 04:10:01 AM »
*cough*
easy now
(sexism)

Don't be an idiot.  There's nothing about my observation that implies that all women would (or should) throw themselves at their savior.

Clear#41 - Neutopia II

If you liked the first one, here's another serving of much the same.

The Good: all the goodness of the original but it controls a bit better (diagonal movement) and you get a couple more weapons to work with; neat wavy underwater visual effect; and now the bosses chat with you a bit.

The Bad: just as short as easy as part one.

The Ugly: 199X my ass!

P.S. - back to the whore thing.... what happened to the romance?  You play as the son of the original hero and you're tasked with saving the daughter of the original princess, so does that mean you're saving your half-sister?

HailingTheThings

« Reply #163 on: November 10, 2014, 09:15:14 AM »

The Ugly: 199X my ass!

Wasn't Frozen Utopia or possibly another Homebrew dev. working on the third installment?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #164 on: November 10, 2014, 09:32:49 AM »
Wasn't Frozen Utopia or possibly another Homebrew dev. working on the third installment?

Yep, Nod was working on it.  It's on the back burner for now, but hopefully it'll get finished up some day.