Author Topic: Necro's game clears and mindless musings  (Read 23531 times)

esteban

Re: Necro's game clears and mindless musings
« Reply #240 on: October 06, 2015, 12:27:14 PM »
^^^ HahahhHhha.  Yup.
  |    | 

Gentlegamer

« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2015, 12:59:18 PM »
Out of nowhere, PARALLAX APPEARS!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #242 on: October 06, 2015, 01:04:54 PM »
Dockers.  The best pairoslacks you'll ever own.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

blueraven

« Reply #243 on: October 17, 2015, 01:30:53 PM »
I felt the same way about Dungeon Master, but I tried to get through it in Japanese. Never made it all the way through, but the game was pretty cool.

Glad you made it through Galaga. Hopefully this will cause ceti to realize that Galaga, and the forum requires his attention. WARP ME TO HALIFAX.

It gets pretty addictive... I should say that the Arcade version has some of the same tricks but the response time is way different. They used to have it at the pizza place down the road from my old house, and I always gave it a whirl, but never came up with the sames scores as on the PCE.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #244 on: October 26, 2015, 10:08:21 AM »
Clear #56 - Loom

'Tis an entertaining point-n-click adventure, well worth playing for any fan of the genre.

The Good: it's humorous, the tunes are great (even if they cut out and/or fail to loop consistently), Bobbin is a right smart-ass, the colored pencil-esque scenery is usually lovely, and the puzzles are quite nice if simple.

The Bad: it's rather short, Bobbin is one slow mo-fo, it loads entirely too often, there's no mouse support, and some of the backgrounds suffer from a low color count, looking like they forgot to tweak the art after running the PC version through an automatic converter utility.

The Ugly: seizure inducing, flickering cursor

MNKyDeth

« Reply #245 on: October 27, 2015, 01:37:36 AM »
When I was younger and the first time I beat this game I had no idea wtf just happened. So I played through it 2-3 more times and still had no clue wtf happened. It just ends.

I should play though it again, maybe it will make sense now. I always thought there would be more than one ending. I never did find out if there was.

^^^ Talking about Loom.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #246 on: October 27, 2015, 04:25:38 AM »
It ends with Bobbin transcending and joining his mom and the other weavers on a higher plane of existence.  The abrupt ending is supposedly from them planning on it being continued in two sequels, which sadly never happened.

reno5

« Reply #247 on: October 27, 2015, 07:10:15 AM »
I'll have to give it another try. Didn't play long enough last time i tried it.

roflmao

« Reply #248 on: October 29, 2015, 03:27:19 PM »
Nice! I'm really close to the end of Loom. I'll try to finish it this weekend. :)

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #249 on: October 29, 2015, 06:28:17 PM »
I was just thinking about Loom.  There's a remake of Day of the Tentacle coming next year, & it made me think how it'd rock to have Loom remade(if kept 2D), but more importantly, if it springboarded them to make the sequels!  I do wish they would've used adpcm or just pcm for the spells in this instead of redbook.  That way, it wouldn't stop the music(maybe fade it out?), but also missing tunes could be in it(I believe are the FM Towns version).  Also, there was a voice edition with full voice acting on PC, but they did redbook, & had to rewrite lines to fit all the lines on the cd.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #250 on: November 10, 2015, 09:21:43 AM »
Clear #57 - Beyond Shadowgate

As good as Loom is, Beyond Shadowgate has it beat.  For point-n-click games, you'd be hard pressed to find a better one.

The Good: colorful, detailed, hand-painted looking backgrounds of well varied locations; very nicely animated sprites of strange and sundry creatures; fantastic, atmospheric tunes and pretty good voice acting; non-linear game play with several puzzles to figure out, most with more than one solution; multiple endings for replayability; and dying has never been more fun, with dozens of humorous and unexpected ways to meet your demise (save often).

The Bad: no mouse support; though the bats are pretty awesome ("I'm a bat! I'm a bat!"), the backgrounds are mostly static; the battles are pretty tedius; and there's no real 'the end' screen.

The Ugly: NA

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2015, 09:23:41 AM »
Clear #58 - Star Parodier

The Good: fantastically cute, colorful, and well varied set of enemies and scenery; three different ships with their own sets of armaments, making for good replay value; charming intermission screens; and a nice and jaunty soundtrack.

The Bad: it's almost too cute, making me feel sorry for beating up on some of the enemies; it hands out extra lives like candy on halloween, making a not terribly difficult shewty downright easy (at least on 'normal'); and most of the voices sound shrill and crackly.

The Ugly: NA

Mathius

« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2015, 02:05:07 PM »
You forgot a "Good"...A copy of Super Star Soldier in the PC Engine craft's huey slot. :)
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

jtucci31

« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2015, 02:12:31 PM »
You forgot a "Good"...A copy of Super Star Soldier in the PC Engine craft's huey slot. :)
Whaaaaaat? When do they show that? I need to replay this game, it's great! I love the music in this game, adds to the cutsey-vibe

Mathius

« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2015, 03:01:07 PM »
Whaaaaaat? When do they show that? I need to replay this game, it's great! I love the music in this game, adds to the cutsey-vibe

Watch the intro.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406