Author Topic: Necro's game clears and mindless musings  (Read 23774 times)

Mathius

Re: Necro's game clears and mindless musings
« Reply #375 on: September 15, 2017, 11:40:15 AM »
I never knew there was a code to remove the fruit! I love collecting it but it does get annoyingly cumbersome later on. What is this wonderful code?

This is one of those games I wish I had a real copy of. At least I have an Everdrive.  :)
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #376 on: September 18, 2017, 03:29:18 AM »
Yarr, I'd love a real copy too.  It's a shame it's so pricey.  :|

Here's all the codes:

Quote from: PC Engine Bible
Play the following tracks from the sound test:
4 SCREEN MODE: 6, 4, 8, 6, 4, 8, 6, 4, 8
BLACK & WHITE: 1, 4, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 6
4 SCREEN BLACK & WHITE: 1, 1, 7, 6, 8, 0, 0, 0
20 LIVES: 3, 7, 3, 5, 1, 8, 8, 1, 4
NO FRUIT: 0, 3, 5, 10, 0, 3, 5, 10
SHOT POWER: 8, 8, 1, 1, 8, 2, 4, 7
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Mathius

« Reply #377 on: September 18, 2017, 06:55:45 AM »
Yarr, I'd love a real copy too.  It's a shame it's so pricey.  :|

Here's all the codes:

Quote from: PC Engine Bible
Play the following tracks from the sound test:
4 SCREEN MODE: 6, 4, 8, 6, 4, 8, 6, 4, 8
BLACK & WHITE: 1, 4, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 6
4 SCREEN BLACK & WHITE: 1, 1, 7, 6, 8, 0, 0, 0
20 LIVES: 3, 7, 3, 5, 1, 8, 8, 1, 4
NO FRUIT: 0, 3, 5, 10, 0, 3, 5, 10
SHOT POWER: 8, 8, 1, 1, 8, 2, 4, 7
Thank you kind sir. :)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #378 on: October 09, 2017, 10:08:28 AM »
Clear #85 - J Thunder

This is surely the smuttiest PCE game I've played (easily outdoing Steam Hearts and Basted anyway), but it's sadly not all that fun.

The Good:  the tunes are okay if rather elevator music-y; nice artwork and cool robots; "good" ADPCM moans and pants of the ladies getting the business; and quite a bit of tits and (censored) ass.

The Bad:  at maybe a half hour in length, it's extremely short; the pedo-esque title screen pic doesn't really fit the rest of the game; there's nearly zero interactivity; and the cut scenes are almost entirely static (see below) and do a poor job of relaying the story, making it far harder for me to follow along and understand the plot compared to other digi-comics.

The Ugly:  stupid crotch pixelization, which is oddly animated while nothing else is.

Mathius

« Reply #379 on: October 10, 2017, 05:48:09 PM »
Every now and then a pce game gets mentioned that I've never heard of. This is one of them. Too bad it's so smutty and no good. The pic has a Transformers vibe to it. Is it Super CD?

turboswimbz

« Reply #380 on: October 11, 2017, 12:38:21 AM »
Every now and then a pce game gets mentioned that I've never heard of. This is one of them. Too bad it's so smutty and no good. The pic has a Transformers vibe to it. Is it Super CD?

It's an early unofficial release, yes it is a Super CD. I sadly don't know too much more about it as I only came across this game in a lot that I was thinking of purchasing.  I ended up not. 

Necro,  Seems like that all this thing has is artwork.  Does anyone know who did the artwork?  and why they didn't make an actual game, instead of a picture disc? 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #381 on: October 11, 2017, 03:05:37 AM »
It's worth burning a cd and taking a peek, I guess, but it's definitely not a great game.... or even much of a game at all.  There is a story to go with the pictures, but you need moonrunes skills for it.

Too bad it's so smutty...

What?!?  That's the best part!!!   :mrgreen:

esteban

« Reply #382 on: October 11, 2017, 09:09:58 AM »

Same here!

I guess I have heard this title mentioned a few times over the years but I never paid attention to it.

Ha!

Sadly, with a title like J-Thunder, I am expecting a shootemup, not smutty non-game.

MOAR PICS would be nice, though.

Damn!

:)
  |    | 

Mathius

« Reply #383 on: October 11, 2017, 10:48:11 AM »
Yes a few more pics please.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #384 on: December 19, 2017, 09:11:52 AM »
Clear #86 - Deep Blue

Are you a sadistic bastard that's always wanted to dive deep under the waves and kill hordes of lil fishies for no damn good reason?  Now's your chance!

The Good:  half of the tunes are okay; the scenery looks nice and there's even a little parallax, but there's not much variety within stages; lots of different enemies and big bosses; and you can rebuild health when not attacking.

The Bad:  the other half of the tunes are grating; only four levels; and no real ending, it just loops.

The Ugly:  cheep difficulty level where collisions are often unavoidable, making the only way to win to tuck your tail and run away as much as possible.  It's a shewty where you're not supposed to shewt.... who the f*ck thought that was a good idea?!?

gex

« Reply #385 on: December 19, 2017, 09:20:43 AM »
It's a shewty where you're not supposed to shewt....
When people said this I always thought they were kidding  :shock: Probably why I've never gotten very far myself
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 09:22:26 AM by gex »

esteban

Necro's game clears and mindless musings
« Reply #386 on: December 19, 2017, 09:30:33 AM »
I was trying to play Deep Blue recently...my kids didn’t hate it as much as I did when I first played it.

I HAVE NEVER BEATEN DEEP BLUE.

I MAY HAVE ONLY GOTTEN TO LEVEL THREE.

I am considering replaying this game over XMAS just to see if I can beat it (using the lame hide in a...corner? Is there a safe place I can hide? I usually get hit when I attempt to hide in lower left part of screen.

I do like the fact that you attack sub is called A.N.G.E.L.

:)
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #387 on: December 19, 2017, 10:24:59 AM »
When people said this I always thought they were kidding  :shock: Probably why I've never gotten very far myself

It's the only way I can get very far.  If I aggressively try to kill everything I can, I get creamed.

I am considering replaying this game over XMAS just to see if I can beat it (using the lame hide in a...corner? Is there a safe place I can hide? I usually get hit when I attempt to hide in lower left part of screen.

Youtube long plays taught me to hang out in the middle (left to right) and near the bottom of the screen but not off the screen; that still leaves you room to dip under frontal assaults or go up over any bottom sneak attacks, and it lines you up to kill a lot of the fishies coming head on.  You'll still get hit a lot, but if you're lucky you'll be spending enough time not shooting to recover more health than you lose.  I think it helps being closer to the right edge of the screen, so you don't have to wait so long for your shot to sail off screen so you can shoot again.

Also, use the green spirally shot.  It's easily the strongest and widest spread weapon.

I do like the fact that you attack sub is called A.N.G.E.L.

Heh, that is pretty cool.

seieienbu

« Reply #388 on: December 19, 2017, 11:36:29 AM »
Ugh, Deep Blue.  I'll get to a point where I've got full health and a good weapon and then I'll start trying to shoot stuff because why would I run away when I'm not trying to regenerate my health?  ...and then I always promptly take damage and have to go back to being a coward.

Not my favorite game, sure, but I do enjoy the mood the game creates.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Mathius

« Reply #389 on: December 19, 2017, 12:11:27 PM »

I MAY HAVE ONLY GOTTEN TO LEVEL THREE.
You know what other game where I've only gotten to level three? Nexzr.

...I may have made it to level four once. Once.  8-[