Author Topic: Necro's game clears and mindless musings  (Read 23562 times)

shubibiman

Re: Necro's game clears and mindless musings
« Reply #390 on: December 19, 2017, 05:28:20 PM »
Congrats on this one. I've never managed to clear this game. And it's hard to get any motivation with such a shitty game.

Clear #86 - Deep Blue

Are you a sadistic bastard that's always wanted to dive deep under the waves and kill hordes of lil fishies for no damn good reason?  Now's your chance!

The Good:  half of the tunes are okay; the scenery looks nice and there's even a little parallax, but there's not much variety within stages; lots of different enemies and big bosses; and you can rebuild health when not attacking.

The Bad:  the other half of the tunes are grating; only four levels; and no real ending, it just loops.

The Ugly:  cheep difficulty level where collisions are often unavoidable, making the only way to win to tuck your tail and run away as much as possible.  It's a shewty where you're not supposed to shewt.... who the f*ck thought that was a good idea?!?
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

turboswimbz

« Reply #391 on: December 20, 2017, 02:02:48 AM »
Yeah that's how i beat it too, duck and keep close enough you can shoot quickly when you need too.

It's just a disappointing game. it good be good, but falls short.

the lack of ending is just stupid.

It's not horrible, I just always feel like there isn't anything particularity good about it.

there is something weird about a game you can finish with less than 100,000 points. it reminds me of the helicopter game AKA flappy bird.  where your only goal is to avoid collisions.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #392 on: December 20, 2017, 02:08:37 AM »
I think the score goes up a good bit as a reward for starting the next loop, but yeah.  100k for one loop and the counter goes to 100 million, so it'll take only 1000 loops to max out the score!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

seieienbu

« Reply #393 on: December 20, 2017, 05:35:54 AM »
Though I never will, that makes me kinda want to play through the game using savestates on emulator to max out the score just as a dumb challenge.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

Necro's game clears and mindless musings
« Reply #394 on: December 20, 2017, 07:34:54 AM »
Though I never will, that makes me kinda want to play through the game using savestates on emulator to max out the score just as a dumb challenge.

PLEASE DOCUMENT THIS AWESOME ACCOMPLISHMENT with occasional screenshots of each stage/boss.

I will use the screenshots/footage.

Promise.

|    | 

Mathius

« Reply #395 on: December 20, 2017, 10:16:38 AM »

PLEASE DOCUMENT THIS AWESOME ACCOMPLISHMENT with occasional screenshots of each stage/boss.

Promise.

He will not survive the process.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

esteban

« Reply #396 on: December 20, 2017, 10:55:11 AM »

Promise.

He will not survive the process.

Hahahahahahhajaha.

Damn.

Suicide mission.
  |    | 

seieienbu

« Reply #397 on: December 20, 2017, 01:20:11 PM »
I'm not even saying that I'm going for it yet, but I played a bit and up to 200k.  So, .2%.  At this rate, I could be there in a mere 500 days assuming I can find the same amount of time to play every day for a year and a half.

](*,)

esteban

« Reply #398 on: December 20, 2017, 01:45:59 PM »
I'm not even saying that I'm going for it yet, but I played a bit and up to 200k.  So, .2%.  At this rate, I could be there in a mere 500 days assuming I can find the same amount of time to play every day for a year and a half.

](*,)

IT IS *totally* worth it, but you need to document the passing of time by taking a picture outside everyday (or something like that).

It is worth it.

Even if it takes a decade.

:)
  |    | 

seieienbu

« Reply #399 on: December 20, 2017, 02:23:41 PM »
If I get to a million I'll make a thread to document my adventures.

esteban

« Reply #400 on: December 20, 2017, 11:13:19 PM »
If I get to a million I'll make a thread to document my adventures.

Figure out a way to show the passing of the seasons... for example:

(1) stop shaving/cutting your hair (indefinitely) and take a daily photo next to Deep Blue title screen.

(2) film the bird’s nest outside the window that is visible from your desk...we will witness the miracle of life as you trudge through months/years of Deep Blue.

(3) you get the idea...

:)
  |    | 

Bardoly

« Reply #401 on: December 21, 2017, 06:05:46 AM »

I MAY HAVE ONLY GOTTEN TO LEVEL THREE.
You know what other game where I've only gotten to level three? Nexzr.

...I may have made it to level four once. Once.  8-[

Go for it!  Nexzr, while difficult, is not impossible.  I know this, because I bear it a couple of years ago, after working hard on it for several days.  After I beat it, I immediately went back and beat the caravan version just to see the differences.

Congratulations, Necromancer on a hard fought clear!  I don't know if I have the fortitude to go after clearing Deep Blue, myself...    ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #402 on: January 16, 2018, 11:03:35 AM »
Clear #87 - Exile

A fun action RPG that's often overlooked but is well worth playing, especially since there's so few RPGs in English.  There's also an un-worked designs patch if you'd rather play the translation without the various stats changes, though I found the regular USA version to play just fine as is.

The Good:  sweet tunes and better than average voice work; Valis, Exile 2, and Cosmic Fantasy references, including a Yuko cameo and wardrobe change; colorful and often nicely detailed scenery with gruesome and more 'adult' themes and a cool host of enemies; and an island (Lesbos?) full of nekkid girlies!

The Bad:  kinda short; lame WD-isms, such as a dude being burned at the stake and proclaiming "I hate mesquite!"; annoying maze like dungeons with waaay too many doors, doors that would have to work like teleporters rather than actual doors; and a sad fate for poor Rumi.  :|

The Ugly:  NA
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Mathius

« Reply #403 on: January 16, 2018, 11:59:32 AM »
The music in Exile is hugely nostalgic for me as it was one of my first US CDs years ago. I love its music but, like Necro, I hate those damn door mazes that make zero logical sense. That kind of stuff drives me bananas. There is a door in Fallout 3 like that. It bugs the hell outta me.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Gypsy

« Reply #404 on: January 17, 2018, 02:13:59 AM »
Exile is a fantastic game. I had the same general complaints especially the fact that it is really short. On the other hand, it's kind of nice as a short, easy and enjoyable game.

The US version is really easy, and presumably WD made it slightly more difficult so if that's the case the Japanese version likely beats itself.

It's definitely one of my favourites on the system.