Author Topic: Necro's game clears and mindless musings  (Read 23527 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Re: Necro's game clears and mindless musings
« Reply #450 on: April 09, 2018, 08:44:35 PM »
Yeah, I think I did hear they changed something about the battles when porting it to the PSP.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #451 on: May 02, 2018, 11:19:25 AM »
Clear #91 - Renny Blaster

This one gets more hate that it deserves, likely because it's teh rarez/pricey and because it's an obvious rip-off of Dracula X.  There's no question that it's flawed, but I've played far worse games.

The Good:  Cool art in cutscenes; nicely animated sprites and detailed background tiles; good (if short) music; two different characters, four different endings, and several different special moves to earn and use, increasing the replay value; and a more 'adult' setting and visuals than what's often seen.

The Bad:  It's pretty easy; cutscenes are static and rather boring, with some of the characters being oddly proportioned and looking amateurish; the backgrounds are rarely animated and lack depth; music tracks are short and loop too often - in the case of the ending credits, the track ends half way through and leaves you in silence; it loads much too often; and the platforming (jumping and stair climbing) is clunky.

The Ugly:  Questionable hit detection and more often than not you'll end up turning around and taking a hit in the back instead of blocking.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Mathius

« Reply #452 on: May 02, 2018, 12:02:17 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't think you did a very good job in persuading me to plop Renny Blaster into my Duo for another go.   :mrgreen:
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

roflmao

« Reply #453 on: May 02, 2018, 01:21:59 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't think you did a very good job in persuading me to plop Renny Blaster into my Duo for another go.   :mrgreen:

I dunno.
I've never played it, but I'm intrigued now. :)

esteban

« Reply #454 on: May 02, 2018, 02:56:25 PM »

I dunno.
I've never played it, but I'm intrigued now. :)

I think I tried to BURN this years ago and it might actually work. I’ll have to find it since I’m f*cking looking for my TED anyway.

Holy f*ck!

|    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #455 on: May 03, 2018, 02:33:11 AM »
At least ya tried it, mathius.  It's not great, but there's enough good things in it to be worth burning a cdr and playing through at least once.

Dooo eeeet, rofl and esty!

Mathius

« Reply #456 on: May 03, 2018, 07:34:28 AM »
At least ya tried it, mathius.  It's not great, but there's enough good things in it to be worth burning a cdr and playing through at least once.

Dooo eeeet, rofl and esty!

*sigh* Alright fiiiiiine! I'll try it once more. *Looks at Renny Blaster with the same facial expression that I give the cat's litter box*

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #457 on: May 03, 2018, 08:15:55 AM »
Hahahahaha!  It can't be that bad!

It's better than Night Creatures and Impossamole, so there's that.  :mrgreen:

KingDrool

« Reply #458 on: May 03, 2018, 08:30:08 AM »
Hey now, I've got a soft spot for Impossimole. I mean...he's a mole. Named Monty! He kicks stuff! And the game came with stickers!

I...

(yeah, it sucks.)
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #459 on: May 03, 2018, 09:00:38 AM »
I've honestly not put that much time into it.  Maybe I'd actually like it (or not hate it) if I tried harder, kinda like I've done with Energy and Darkwing Duck.

EmperorIng

« Reply #460 on: May 03, 2018, 04:12:40 PM »
This one gets more hate that it deserves, likely because it's teh rarez/pricey and because it's an obvious rip-off of Dracula X.  There's no question that it's flawed, but I've played far worse games.
Did you at least enjoy it with an officially sponsored and licensed Renny Fruit Blaster Soft Drink, just for the love of it?

Mathius

« Reply #461 on: May 03, 2018, 04:43:52 PM »
Did you at least enjoy it with an officially sponsored and licensed Renny Fruit Blaster Soft Drink, just for the love of it?
You know he did as well as dressing up in his Renny BlasterTM brand two-piece suit.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #462 on: May 03, 2018, 09:30:04 PM »
I've honestly not put that much time into it.  Maybe I'd actually like it (or not hate it) if I tried harder, kinda like I've done with Energy and Darkwing Duck.

Yeah, when I first played Impossamole when it came out, intense hatred brewed within me because of the hit box being jacked up.  However, I really came to appreciate the game, if only for the music, over the years.  In a warped way, I have fond memories of the game.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #463 on: May 04, 2018, 02:32:56 AM »

Ha!  For the love of it, I burned a CDR.  :mrgreen:

seieienbu

« Reply #464 on: May 04, 2018, 01:48:58 PM »
Renny Blaster is one I can't understand at all.  Yes, it looks pretty good but it plays Awful.  Does anyone want it for any reason other than "it's expensive"?

The Bad:  music tracks are short and loop too often - in the case of the ending credits, the track ends half way through and leaves you in silence

...that's absolutely hilarious.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93