Author Topic: TG 16 Magazines questions  (Read 136 times)

mrhaboobi

TG 16 Magazines questions
« on: July 12, 2012, 10:37:44 AM »
hey Guys.

So im really keen on all things tg16. and i have most of the tg 16 publications i can find..  I love this site

http://archives.tg-16.com/turbografx_magazines.htm

but its missing the turbo edge details.  I have 2 of the 3 issues ( were 3 actually released ).  i have spring 92, and fall 91, but im not sure what teh 3rd one is, the spring 92 that i have aswell seems kinda strange in that it appears to be missing the last page, im not sure of this because i dont know how many pages the issues had.

Would be great to know more about this publication and just how many issues there were, why it was stopped etc.. are there any fanzines from the time.. i know with the other system i have ( sega sc3000 ) that there were numerous local fanzines so i wondered if TG was the same

Can anyone provide more details about it. 

On a side note i have a couple of duplicate mags which i could trade for the ones im missing aswell if there are others who have these.

Cheers
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

esteban

Re: TG 16 Magazines questions
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 10:43:06 AM »
hey Guys.

So im really keen on all things tg16. and i have most of the tg 16 publications i can find..  I love this site

http://archives.tg-16.com/turbografx_magazines.htm

but its missing the turbo edge details.  I have 2 of the 3 issues ( were 3 actually released ).  i have spring 92, and fall 91, but im not sure what teh 3rd one is, the spring 92 that i have aswell seems kinda strange in that it appears to be missing the last page, im not sure of this because i dont know how many pages the issues had.

Would be great to know more about this publication and just how many issues there were, why it was stopped etc.. are there any fanzines from the time.. i know with the other system i have ( sega sc3000 ) that there were numerous local fanzines so i wondered if TG was the same

Can anyone provide more details about it. 

On a side note i have a couple of duplicate mags which i could trade for the ones im missing aswell if there are others who have these.

Cheers

HELLO COMRADE!

I'm glad you enjoy the site. I have neglected it for far too long. I used to get a lot of email from folks asking me random things, but, sadly, the mailbox is pretty sparse these days. In other words, it's nice when I get feedback these days

I have the TurboEdge issues (somewhere, packed in a moving box), but if you were to make nice, high-quality scans of the two issues you have I will add them to the site.

TRIVIA: Someone scanned all three issues and put them on a personal site a few years ago... you might find the link by searching these forums. If this doesn't answer your question (about publication history of TurboEdge), I'll try to find my own copies (it might take a day, or several months).

ALSO: I will gladly take any duplicate magazines you have off your hands if they are in very good condition because my magazines are in pretty bad shape.

PLEASE: Feel free to comment/criticize/correct anything about the TurboPlay Archives...there are a lot of things I've wanted to fix/clarify... the most helpful approach, believe it or not, is to simply keep a running list of your comments/corrections/thoughts. A plain text file is fine. You can email me updated versions as you scour every nook and cranny of the site .

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 10:53:28 AM by esteban »
  |    |