Author Topic: got my moded duo back no screen shown  (Read 1522 times)

thesteve

Re: got my moded duo back no screen shown
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2012, 05:25:25 PM »
heres the circuit

as spec'd it should push 0.9V to 1.1V of luma into a 75ohm load.
now i suspect his tv is not providing a 75ohm load.
if he had a meter we could find out.
if his tv is 100ohm he will need another 25-30 ohms added to the luma line. (most likely)
it could also not like DC coupled luma (unlikely as most DVD players use DC coupling)

8bitForLife

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2012, 07:20:45 PM »
http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-L42D2?t=specs&support#tabs

this is the model of my tv not sure if this helps
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 11:54:34 PM by 8bitForLife »
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

ApolloBoy

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2012, 10:06:55 PM »
I might be an a-hole, but at least my work is of a professional standard.
Then show it, bucko.
Quote from: Arkhan
it makes me laugh because people are like I REMEMBER PLAYIN THAT BACK IN THE DAY, MAN THAT WAS FUN.

and then I go "yeah I remember playing that 2 days ago because I still have my SNES, retard"

Drakon

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2012, 11:56:28 PM »
Yeah thesteve is the man.  Guess that rules out bad modding.

Its my console thesteve worked on his work is top notch we think it might be some unknown compatibility as the mod is working and it shows graphics on the y input in black and white with composite so its able to handle the 240p over component. So he think we could make a pass through cord of some kind if im correct in that's what hes thinking. Its just hard as i have no electronic knowledge whats so ever in this kind of work. I plan on taking a class at the college here and also a Cisco class after December.
http://16bitgamer.forumotion.ca/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"

Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

Firebomber7

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2012, 02:42:17 PM »
Sorry, but I think that is rubbish. I have NEVER used hot glue in any of the modifications I've done, and I have NEVER had a single solder joint or plug/socket come loose.

As far as I'm concerned, only cowboys use glue.
Now where have a I read this before, hmmm...

What other forums are you on?

NightWolve

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2012, 02:54:21 PM »
Yeah thesteve is the man.  Guess that rules out bad modding.

Steve is da man? Wrong, steve is a rough-riding cowboy if you ask me!!! All that damn glue he splatters everywhere! THAT'S why his mod isn't working right now!! Damn cowboys!!!!!! ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HercTNT

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2012, 03:00:10 PM »
I just had this vision of steve riding a donkey, caulking guns akimbo hooked up to air compressors and a laser sight, gluing turbo's from 300 yards away. Hewiston's standing not far away shaking his fist at him :)

Mathius

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2012, 03:10:12 PM »
I just had this vision of steve riding a donkey, caulking guns akimbo hooked up to air compressors and a laser sight, gluing turbo's from 300 yards away. Hewiston's standing not far away shaking his fist at him :)
Hewitson says...
Hewitson-You dirty rotten good for nuthin' heifer f@cker! Your a disgrace! A DISGRACE!
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

HercTNT

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2012, 03:21:34 PM »
LOL. and yet we all know the quality of steve's mods and don't know shit about hewiston, go figure.

8bitForLife

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2012, 10:54:45 PM »
well we figured out what was wrong but i dont have any money for me to send it back.
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

Drakon

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2012, 12:49:06 AM »
well we figured out what was wrong but i dont have any money for me to send it back.

Mind sharing what the problem is?
http://16bitgamer.forumotion.ca/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"

Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

8bitForLife

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2012, 02:18:37 AM »
it was under powered and needs a resister added i believe is what he said and to make sure it works when i get it back he would put a pot on it so i can adjust it to make sure it works.

thesteve

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2012, 05:44:55 AM »
specifically the matching resistor i used 75ohm 1VPP is too much resistance for his TV input.
in studying other devices, i found there is no standard for luma level (devices running anywhere from 0.7VPP to 2.3VPP)
im adding a pot to allow adjustment from 0.5VPP to 2VPP

thesteve

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2012, 05:42:26 AM »
its back at my place
the chroma drive transistors got damaged during the testing i had 8bit do on his end.
i replaced the transistors restoring color.
i bypassed R14 bumping luma up to 1.8V
this caused a slight loss of detal

the pots to make it adjustable are not here yet

NightWolve

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2012, 03:26:44 PM »
Oh my, look at this! Looook at this! Rampant cowboyism on display on a professionally made digital thermostat, ladies and gentlemen!!! I had to change the batteries and lo and behold, THIS is what I discovered:

;)