Author Topic: Just... Bad, Turbo Ebay Auctions (Not Gouging)  (Read 14175 times)

FiftyQuid

Just... Bad, Turbo Ebay Auctions (Not Gouging)
« on: October 01, 2012, 04:37:28 PM »
This thread is for auctions on turbo items where the seller just creates a bad listing.  It's not about gouging, it's just about people that take photos with their thumb in the photo, half their living room in the photo, or a description that is completely unreadable.

Here is the first example; http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blazing-Lazers-TurboGrafx-16-1989-in-original-jewel-case-/110959363096?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19d5b18418

One word - ZOOM.  Every camera with a lens has a zoom for a reason.  Use it!
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

PunkicCyborg

Re: Just... Bad, Turbo Ebay Auctions (Not Gouging)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 04:42:49 PM »
you must be bored
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

FiftyQuid

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 04:47:07 PM »
you must be bored
A little.  Too obvious?

Lost Monkey

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 04:53:58 PM »
This thread is for auctions on turbo items where the seller just creates a bad listing.  It's not about gouging, it's just about people that take photos with their thumb in the photo, half their living room in the photo, or a description that is completely unreadable.

Here is the first example; http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blazing-Lazers-TurboGrafx-16-1989-in-original-jewel-case-/110959363096?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19d5b18418

One word - ZOOM.  Every camera with a lens has a zoom for a reason.  Use it!

If you squint you can see that there is a game floating in that badly shimmed "cappuccino foam" counter top...

Flare65

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 05:01:04 PM »
OK,  I'm not sure where to talk about this particular auction so I'll start the discussion in this thread....  Here is the auction link....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Grafx-CD-System-Turbo-Duo-PC-Engine-/190733277383?pt=Video_Games&hash=item2c6896d8c7

I'm not going to bash on the seller, but he states that the "rare Turbo-DuoTap"  had to be custom ordered from Hudson and they were hand made.  Did Hudson ever offer this?  It kinda sounds like something Turbo Zone Direct might have done.  Correct me if I am wrong, but all that is needed to make one of these is a screwdriver?  Just take each tap apart and swap cables and re assemble right?

Also, his copy of Dungeon Explorer 2 looks a little odd.  Has anyone ever seen that particular instruction book art for it?  Looks like a burned/home made copy to me.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 05:12:24 PM »
@Flare65 - Glad you asked this because I was wondering the very same thing.  I've never heard anyone mention this before.  Custom ordered from Hudson Soft?  Why would they do this?  There's no money in it for them.

Frank_fjs

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 06:27:03 PM »
Custom ordered my arse, that's a DIY job.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 06:37:22 PM »
I sort of vaguely remember TZD selling some kind of cable swapped item, maybe it was this? Maybe it was TG-16 pads with Duo leads on them? Maybe I imagined this?

Anyway, I sure wish eBay would bring back insertion fees. The starting bid on that lot is $850. The starting bid Seems ridiculous to me.

MrFulci

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 08:36:16 PM »

It's been a while since I last posted here, but every so often I skim through posts here to see what's new for sale, whether Mysterious song was ever finished, etc.

I can confirm, TZD did sell these types of taps. They were sold in their catalog as, "Reverse Duo Taps" and "Reverse Turbo Taps". One allowed 5 Duo controllers on a TG-16 system, the other 5 TG-16 controllers on a DUO/PCE system.

They were featured for sell in many catalogs, but in the late 90's or so, as stock depleted, they left their catalog.

I also recall the awesome deal, of 5 controllers, and a tap. You could order either the TG16 combo pack, or the DUO combo pack. It was something crazy cheap (Considering todays prices for new stuff), $50 or so for 5 controllers and a tap.  It was sold as the, "Bomberman Party Pack" or something to that effect.

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 08:39:47 PM »
Yeah TZD sold them and also early on when they sold SF II Champ if you ordered a 6 button pad and requested it they would change out the cord on that also. As far as the rest of the auction goes, does the seller even once mention if the CD system still works or not? Its hard to tell...

tpivette

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 09:33:19 PM »
Seller claims Neutopia 2 game only is included in this lot, but the flash from his camera left such a horrible glare on the loose game, its hard to tell WHAT it is! Neutopia 2... or... Keith Courage? Why would they post that horrible picture? Take another one, you lazy ass!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200825621690?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 02:50:40 AM »
Why would they post that horrible picture? Take another one, you lazy ass!

Maybe he was low on film...you know how expensive that can be!
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

hoobs88

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 03:19:57 AM »
Seller claims Neutopia 2 game only is included in this lot, but the flash from his camera left such a horrible glare on the loose game, its hard to tell WHAT it is! Neutopia 2... or... Keith Courage? Why would they post that horrible picture? Take another one, you lazy ass!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200825621690?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It is Neutopia 2. I can tell from the artwork. But it is indeed a terrible photo.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

turboswimbz

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 04:22:30 AM »

It's been a while since I last posted here, but every so often I skim through posts here to see what's new for sale, whether Mysterious song was ever finished, etc.

I can confirm, TZD did sell these types of taps. They were sold in their catalog as, "Reverse Duo Taps" and "Reverse Turbo Taps". One allowed 5 Duo controllers on a TG-16 system, the other 5 TG-16 controllers on a DUO/PCE system.

They were featured for sell in many catalogs, but in the late 90's or so, as stock depleted, they left their catalog.

I also recall the awesome deal, of 5 controllers, and a tap. You could order either the TG16 combo pack, or the DUO combo pack. It was something crazy cheap (Considering todays prices for new stuff), $50 or so for 5 controllers and a tap.  It was sold as the, "Bomberman Party Pack" or something to that effect.

I actually have one of these! won it in a lot with 5 turbo duo pads/turbo duo/ and Gate of thunder disk! kinda neat.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 04:29:01 AM »
These listing are what inspired me to create this thread.  I'm not sure what the seller was trying to accomplish here.  Either way, I know there was some PhotoShop cutting going on.  The end result is still terribly bad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Andre-Panza-Kick-Boxing-TurboGrafx-16-1991-cart-only-/230855601217?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item35c010ec41