Author Topic: Just... Bad, Turbo Ebay Auctions (Not Gouging)  (Read 14167 times)

xelement5x

Re: Just... Bad, Turbo Ebay Auctions (Not Gouging)
« Reply #495 on: July 07, 2016, 06:59:45 AM »
Not turbo but seems even power sellers think it's ok to sell bootleg GBA games without mentioning the fact https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381633706573

SOOO friggin shady...
Please note the conditions are based on our view of the item. We strongly recommend viewing the photos and making your own mind up on the condition of this item before purchasing

I pretty much refuse to buy loose GBA games at any premium anymore.  I'm pretty good at sussing out the boots but they're like everywhere now.

There is another local gaming store that sells them too and doesn't even mention it.  I went to that place once and then was like NOPE, never going back.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Gypsy

« Reply #496 on: July 07, 2016, 07:47:28 AM »
Not turbo but seems even power sellers think it's ok to sell bootleg GBA games without mentioning the fact https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381633706573

SOOO friggin shady...
Please note the conditions are based on our view of the item. We strongly recommend viewing the photos and making your own mind up on the condition of this item before purchasing

I pretty much refuse to buy loose GBA games at any premium anymore.  I'm pretty good at sussing out the boots but they're like everywhere now.

There is another local gaming store that sells them too and doesn't even mention it.  I went to that place once and then was like NOPE, never going back.

Was it pretty obvious that it was intentional? I try to give stores the benefit of the doubt and point out when they have bootlegs of something.

wildfruit

« Reply #497 on: July 07, 2016, 08:09:27 AM »

SOOO friggin shady...

Was it pretty obvious that it was intentional? I try to give stores the benefit of the doubt and point out when they have bootlegs of something.
Well I sent a message 2 days ago now asking if they had any real ones because they are bootlegs and got no reply and the item is still for sale.

Gypsy

« Reply #498 on: July 07, 2016, 08:13:07 AM »
Oh that was more of a question for element. I assume most people selling booties on Ebay are  :evil:

xelement5x

« Reply #499 on: July 07, 2016, 08:36:34 AM »
Yeah, the local guy had to have known they were boots.  He had some Pokemon hacks for sale, then loose copies of Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Metroid Fusion among others as well that to a trained eye like mine were visibly bootlegs.  He had to have known, I'm sure he bought a bundle direct from Aliexpress for optimum flipping.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Gypsy

« Reply #500 on: July 07, 2016, 08:57:04 AM »
Sounds pretty scummy. Usually it's just a couple random boots if any that I see at the stores here, so I figure a gullible employee got tricked. Only one store here actually throws out boots when I point them out (they also don't often have any, but sometimes anime slips in). Unsurprisingly it's the store I support the most here by far.