Author Topic: Just... Bad, Turbo Ebay Auctions (Not Gouging)  (Read 14565 times)

HailingTheThings

Re: Just... Bad, Turbo Ebay Auctions (Not Gouging)
« Reply #480 on: June 08, 2016, 05:03:37 PM »
Bootleg Kanye Turbo shirts? I'm intrigued. lol

TheClash603

« Reply #481 on: June 08, 2016, 05:40:03 PM »

Sold auctions indicate that at least two people also loved the shirt.

seieienbu

« Reply #482 on: June 08, 2016, 06:17:08 PM »
...what a f*cking ugly tshirt.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

HailingTheThings

« Reply #483 on: June 08, 2016, 08:36:58 PM »

Sold auctions indicate that at least two people also loved the shirt.

Kanye's influence is mighty.

rxmage

« Reply #484 on: June 09, 2016, 01:29:41 AM »

It certainly is!  Ever since he made his TurboGrafx announcement, I have been hording copies of Keith Courage.  I just know it is going to be the next $100+ title.  I have over 100 copies now.  Yup, it's gonna go up in value...any day now...just waiting...

seieienbu

« Reply #485 on: June 09, 2016, 05:24:23 AM »

It certainly is!  Ever since he made his TurboGrafx announcement, I have been hording copies of Keith Courage.  I just know it is going to be the next $100+ title.  I have over 100 copies now.  Yup, it's gonna go up in value...any day now...just waiting...

There's a store near me that has a 5 loose copies of Kieth Courage that it hasn't sold for years for $5.  I went in recently and they upped the price to $20.  I asked why, and they said "Turbo Grafx games are very popular these days."  There were still 5 copies. 

They weren't selling at $5, but maybe they'll sell at $20!?  Good luck, store!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

rxmage

« Reply #486 on: June 09, 2016, 07:17:15 AM »

There's a store near me that has a 5 loose copies of Kieth Courage that it hasn't sold for years for $5.  I went in recently and they upped the price to $20.  I asked why, and they said "Turbo Grafx games are very popular these days."  There were still 5 copies. 

How can you possibly argue with that kind of logic?

esteban

« Reply #487 on: June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 AM »
Is it wrong that I love those shirts?

If they were $20, I would purchase.

Someone with shirt making skills needs to make this happen.

No, I am fascinated with them, too (and I don't know anything about Kanye...not a single song).

I think my utter ignorance of Kanye has made this shirt far more intriguing than it ought to be.
  |    | 

TheClash603

« Reply #488 on: June 09, 2016, 02:44:58 PM »
Is it wrong that I love those shirts?

If they were $20, I would purchase.

Someone with shirt making skills needs to make this happen.

No, I am fascinated with them, too (and I don't know anything about Kanye...not a single song).

I think my utter ignorance of Kanye has made this shirt far more intriguing than it ought to be.

I went on a road trip last weekend and this song came on the radio repeatedly.  You are now current and cool to your kids.

esteban

« Reply #489 on: June 10, 2016, 01:28:50 AM »
^ I haven't clicked on the video, yet.

But I am sure my curiosity will win. :) 
  |    | 

Groover

« Reply #490 on: June 10, 2016, 09:49:08 AM »

Yeah, I have heard stuff like that. Also Store owners talking how they have many TG16 games in the back but in no hurry to sell them as they put it the price just keeps going up the longer they don't sell.

xelement5x

« Reply #491 on: June 10, 2016, 10:07:20 AM »

Yeah, I have heard stuff like that. Also Store owners talking how they have many TG16 games in the back but in no hurry to sell them as they put it the price just keeps going up the longer they don't sell.

The store local to me is known to do that occasionally sometimes too.  I guess the owner is a collector too so I'm not sure if they're going into his personal library or he's just waiting for prices to rise though.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Gypsy

« Reply #492 on: June 10, 2016, 12:37:55 PM »
There was a store near me a Demon's souls Deluxe Edition that was quite beat up. Marked around $30-40 originally iirc. Sat there forever. At some point the price was raised to $90 and it sold. I will never understand people.

A more recent example is an anime set I've been following on Ebay. Originally listed at $60 it received no bids and I was hoping it would be relisted for less. Well since it didn't sell logically it must be worth more money and the guy has now been listing it for $75 the last several times. Of course it's not selling, but why lower the price?  ](*,)

rxmage

« Reply #493 on: June 10, 2016, 12:52:46 PM »
If you have the time to sit on something, all it takes is one overly anxious person who wants it now.  Of course, if you're running a business, it seems that volume would make you more money in the long run.

wildfruit

« Reply #494 on: July 04, 2016, 08:40:41 PM »
Not turbo but seems even power sellers think it's ok to sell bootleg GBA games without mentioning the fact https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381633706573