Author Topic: [Dino Force] Fundraising  (Read 896 times)

ProfessorProfessorson

Re: [Dino Force] Fundraising
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 11:53:57 AM »
What's up with Sinistron?

His home was in Howard Beach, NY. He literally had a dock in his back yard, as he lived right by the water. When the shit hit the fan, his place flooded basically to the ceiling. Him and his wife are trying to clean up now and salvage what little they can, and find a new home. When they had to evacuate originally, there was just no way to take all that stuff with them. No one was prepared for it to be as bad as it was.

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13447.msg267283#new

Black Tiger

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 12:27:29 PM »
I ain't paying shit for this crap.

I vote everyone take their fundraiser offering and take it to the Sinistron relief fund thread.   Pretty sure we need to help him out more than we need a probably-shitty game.

Why not cancel all your purchases in life and donate everything you have to those less fortunate than yourself?

People choosing to do spend their money on one thing doesn't take away from anything else. You might as well spam every buy/sell thread on the forum too since that takes away money from Sinistron just as much.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 12:34:01 PM »
I ain't paying shit for this crap.

I vote everyone take their fundraiser offering and take it to the Sinistron relief fund thread.   Pretty sure we need to help him out more than we need a probably-shitty game.

Why not cancel all your purchases in life and donate everything you have to those less fortunate than yourself?

People choosing to do spend their money on one thing doesn't take away from anything else. You might as well spam every buy/sell thread on the forum too since that takes away money from Sinistron just as much.

I don't think he meant it to sound or come off quite like how you are putting it, and to be honest, what he said makes sense. As I said before, regardless of Sinis situation even, I'd be weary of putting any sort of cash down on obtaining this game until there was real proof it was legit, and it is a completed and fully playable game. So far that has not happened. Either way, everyone's money is their own to spend as they please. I just hope if enough people pull a good amount together to buy this, that it ends up being worth it.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 12:43:15 PM »
Consider this: This is an unreleased alpha build of a game made by the creators of Circus Lido. Circus Lido is craparoo, yet it was actually released. (barely). It looks totally great to me, but I'm not expecting quality soft because its from the Circus Lido guys and ITS A PROTO. What ratio of protos are actually good? Not very many at all.

The only way this game could fail expectations would be if it didn't exist, if it was undumpable, if it was actually written last month instead of 20 years ago, etc. As long as it runs and does something I can't ask for much more.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 12:50:23 PM »
I never actually played Circus Lido, but taking what you are saying into account, that reinforced my feelings on the situation. Somethings really are better off being forgotten and not released, esp if the end product was terrible, but at times curiosity for such stuff can be overwhelming. Sometimes people just have to find out for themselves.

shubibiman

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 01:30:01 PM »
I'd be weary of putting any sort of cash down on obtaining this game until there was real proof it was legit, and it is a completed and fully playable game.

What you seemingly didn't get is that until now, noone has spent the slightest cent on this proto : we're just checking who would be OK for a community buy. No money will be spent until a reliable forum membre living in Japan has checked the proto. If it turns out to be a fake or a non complete proto, then I personnaly would reconsider spending money on this, as many other members here would.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 01:35:17 PM »
Oh yeah, I know so far this is just a asking for pledges. I just feel at this point I wouldn't even do that until I knew more about said game. Why cant someone be located to check it out now, or has anyone there, Tats, etc, tried to touch base and see if the seller would be willing to allow people to come and test it out?

EvilmaxWar

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 01:49:22 PM »
Im not familiar with Akiba games but ive seen the name before. Are they generally trustworthy? They say this is a completed game that plays from beginning to finish.  They wont say how many levels there are though.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2012, 01:51:52 PM »
Im not familiar with Akiba games but ive seen the name before. Are they generally trustworthy? They say this is a completed game that plays from beginning to finish.  They wont say how many levels there are though.

Yeah I have seen them mentioned before too, but for the life of me I cant remember where or when. And yeah, I wonder about that, because as fast as this was all thrown together, unless the game is a total push over that can be beaten after a try or two, then I cant imagine a 100 percent play through.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2012, 02:20:24 PM »
Well, its possible there is a level select since its a pre-release...or it isn't a pre-release. Not sure what stage of development its at now, honestly.

vestcoat

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2012, 05:36:08 PM »
$50

I vote everyone take their fundraiser offering and take it to the Sinistron relief fund thread.   

This Sinistron??

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2012, 07:03:30 PM »
$50

I vote everyone take their fundraiser offering and take it to the Sinistron relief fund thread.   

This Sinistron??

Yep. His posting/forum activity kinda died down some for awhile there because his music work/band had been keeping him extremely busy, and also, he wasn't able to do any gaming until I had sent him that spare controller just late last month. I think quite a few people from here have him added on FB though so they could stay in touch and all outside of the forum.

Trenton_net

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2012, 03:16:29 PM »
<Start personal rant>

To be honest, I would never contribute to this fundraiser to release a game.  If anything, I'd consider donating to a charity or someone else in need. Given that there are so many people who have 'real' life problems right now, I find it kind of distasteful to come to the community just to find 'fat pidgins' who can line their own pockets. Ie. That Japanese guy who originally had the game and registered on all of these forums bragging about the game and trying to promote it for sale.

It's the same thing that happened at the Assembler forums. Since the community there is well known for rescuing long-lost games, people (who have no interest in any long term contribution to the community), just join up and tease people with pictures in hopes of a fundraiser just to milk the 'cash' cow as much as they think they can get away with.

If you own a game, good for you. Enjoy it. If you want to release it, go ahead. But don't go bragging and talking about it, expecting people to start throwing money balls at you. To be honest, I'm kind of sick of all of these 'self-interest' fundraisers. "I have a rare game, what can I do? Not many people will pay a lot by themselves. I know, I'll try to organize a fundraiser so I can get paid for it!".

</End personal rant>
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 03:27:50 PM by Trenton_net »

shubibiman

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2012, 05:46:03 PM »
Oh lord! The money is not for me to get the protoype for myself, I don't care about prototypes, I just care for the game. I'm the one who's trying to gather the money but if a guy like Ccovell or any other member of this board keeps it, I don't care : the goal of this fundraising is to make the game available for everyone.

I think the many things I did for the PCE community proved far more than your 48th message on this board is trying to suggest.

Now if you want to debate, you've got another thread about this Dino Force prototype. Thanks.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion