Author Topic: [Dino Force] Fundraising  (Read 947 times)

SignOfZeta

Re: [Dino Force] Fundraising
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2012, 08:27:39 PM »
Yeah, the point of this thread is to get the game dumped so everyone can see it (probably more for historical reasons, the game is probably not fun). Nobody here will be getting rich. Everyone would lose money.

I think it's much more sad that it takes a motherf*cking hurricane to make you aware than there are people suffering in the world.

"Right now", f*cking hell. People are starving to death by the tens of thousands EVERY DAY. If you're going to sell all your stuff and live like Ghandi for the rest of your live so you can help people then that's fine completely wonderful and I support it fully...but since you are writing on a video game forum right now I'm pretty sure you buy dumb shit quite often, just like the rest of us. If you're going to be sitting outside of Best Buy on Black Friday for a $100 laptop then please go f*ck yourself. There is no difference between someone buying a $5000 game or a $5000 car or a $5000 gold plated dildo. Why single out this purchase instead of all the other shit people are spending money on every second of every day?

There are worse things that can be done with $50. It's not like we're spending the money on cigarettes or Assasin's Creed III, or Jersey Shore DVDs, and it's not like you have the slightest idea how much money we donate to other causes either.

RayXambeR

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2012, 09:50:23 PM »
I am ok for 100 €!

Trenton_net

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2012, 01:14:48 AM »
Oh lord! The money is not for me to get the protoype for myself, I don't care about prototypes, I just care for the game. I'm the one who's trying to gather the money but if a guy like Ccovell or any other member of this board keeps it, I don't care : the goal of this fundraising is to make the game available for everyone.

I think the many things I did for the PCE community proved far more than your 48th message on this board is trying to suggest.

Now if you want to debate, you've got another thread about this Dino Force prototype. Thanks.

You probably misunderstood what I mean. I ment, I wouldn't pay any amount of money to make some Japanese guy or some Japanese store who's just reselling this game for profit more rich. It has nothing to do with yourself, or people on this forum directly. I'm not trying to shoot the messenger, just state what I feel regarding the idea of rushing to pay 3rd parties who try to resell gouge for big money. That's also why I prefaced my text with <tags> to clearly indicate it's nothing personal. Just an opinion.

I ain't paying shit for this crap.

I vote everyone take their fundraiser offering and take it to the Sinistron relief fund thread.   Pretty sure we need to help him out more than we need a probably-shitty game.

Agreed!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:17:25 AM by Trenton_net »

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2012, 01:54:41 AM »
Wow did anyone read the OPs first post? Lets keep it on topic the thread is just for people to post how much they will donate to get this proto in the hands of a trusted person like ccovel to get it dumped. If you are not interested in this please dont post or if you just want to complain about it do so in the other thread about dino force.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2012, 05:13:46 AM »
I'm down for $50 - it's only money.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2012, 01:39:45 PM »
$50, possibly more if I can swing it. I can afford to lose $50 on a gamble.

Also, I agree with everything that Zeta said.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:43:50 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2012, 05:28:04 PM »
Yeah, the point of this thread is to get the game dumped so everyone can see it (probably more for historical reasons, the game is probably not fun). Nobody here will be getting rich. Everyone would lose money.

I think it's much more sad that it takes a motherf*cking hurricane to make you aware than there are people suffering in the world.

"Right now", f*cking hell. People are starving to death by the tens of thousands EVERY DAY. If you're going to sell all your stuff and live like Ghandi for the rest of your live so you can help people then that's fine completely wonderful and I support it fully...but since you are writing on a video game forum right now I'm pretty sure you buy dumb shit quite often, just like the rest of us. If you're going to be sitting outside of Best Buy on Black Friday for a $100 laptop then please go f*ck yourself. There is no difference between someone buying a $5000 game or a $5000 car or a $5000 gold plated dildo. Why single out this purchase instead of all the other shit people are spending money on every second of every day?

There are worse things that can be done with $50. It's not like we're spending the money on cigarettes or Assasin's Creed III, or Jersey Shore DVDs, and it's not like you have the slightest idea how much money we donate to other causes either.
Hahaha, this is the best post in the entire Dino Force debacle! And I agree entirely!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Maxwar

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2012, 05:49:21 PM »
^ Seconded.

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2012, 08:13:10 PM »
To those who spend their time complaining (Prof), you've got the other thread to do so.

Just now noticed that on the first post of the thread.

When you actually find someone to go check this out in person, and it ends up panning out as something worth investing in, like I said in the other thread, etc, I would be willing to chip in. Until then, I wont blindly pledge money of any amount to something when I have ZERO idea what I am getting in return, especially when currently I have better, more important things to put money towards. That should in no way reflect on anyone else's spending habit, that is simply my own.

I am a single parent, and due to that I have learned over the years to be a bit more conservative with my money, and I don't mind being verbal and expressing that, mainly as a form of explaining why I have no made a pledge yet. It does not mean I am opposed to entirely. Either way, I don't care what anyone else here does with their money, regardless of my opinion of the situation, their money habits dont affect my life. I have in no way complained about others doing their own pledges, calling them out by name, trying to convince them of doing something else, so calling me out by name like that on a opening post is in poor taste, and a bad way to get my support on such a thing as this.

If it ends up sucking or being not very playable, and people want to toss money in anyway, sucks for them and all, its their loss, but not mine, so meh whatever. I will feel bad for you, but only about 2 percent bad. You knew what you were doing and all. Given the current stance of the seller, I do have a feeling no one is going to be allowed to just stop by and check it out in full prior to handing money over, so people making a pledge may want to bear that in mind. That is why I am watching and waiting. Zeta seems to have taken the proper stance on it, going in with extremely low expectations, and that may be best if the seller is indeed not willing to let the game be previewed in full prior to completing a transaction.

And to that I add, for the fuss about the hurricane thing, I don't want people to feel like the Sini thread is supposed to take away money from this. I'm not going to name names, but I can see some of you feel threatened by that, due to whatever motivation, and that is simply sad, because its not a contest about which one can get more money. I don't support derailing this fundraiser in favor of another, and I don't think Sini, nor anyone else in his situation, would want anyone's help if they were guilted into it or made to pick one or the other in such a manner.

I understand where you are coming from Arkhan, the point you tried to make, but no need man, no worries. Those who care to help him will. Those who don't, who cares? They probably either don't know him, or do and don't like him (personal grudges can be a solid motivator understandably), and its admittingly hard for someone in that situation to want to send money or offer help to someone else. If this happened to someone I did not care for personally for instance, I would be hard pressed to want to help him initially, though in the end I probably would, but that is just me personally. Not everyone is like that.

This is not the time, or place even, to sit here and debate peoples intentions, nor to imply people are simply wearing scauses (lol SP), or to imply others have not helped enough, or at all even, in some charitable like manner, simply because they pointed out a situation that happened very recently. I don't even see how anyone doing that could suddenly be perceived as being a person who never gave a damn prior, or taken notice of said suffering of others during their entire life for that matter. Its f*cking petty and low to imply that Zeta, and lame people would basically "Ditto" you on that too, because as you accuse others of not knowing, the same applies to you yourself, along with most everyone else here. And to be honest, I would question the motives of anyone who went around bragging constantly about all the charities they donate to, and causes they support.

As stated prior, its not a contest here. We are not a bunch of rich old socialites siting around the 30 foot dinner table sipping wine and bolstering our inflated egos while we brag about who does more with their endless amounts of money for some unknown clinic on some unknown island, or for the endangered species of some unknown animal in soem unknown rainforest. We are supposed to be better then that. I would hope that we are at least.

People can even support both threads if they want. Up to them. A lot of people have pm'ed me with offers to help Sini. Its been amazing, and humbling, and I know Sini and his wife appreciates it, as do I, seriously. I respectfully ask that any further discussion in the Sandy mess, Sini, other victims, etc, in favor of helping, or against, be taken elsewhere. End of rant.

esteban

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2012, 02:37:48 AM »
If the developers of Dino Force had but an inkling of the human drama that would surround their work, I trust they would have warm fuzzy feelings penetrating their aortic valves.

Bravo, forgotten developers. Bravo. You have stirred the cold, icy hearts at pcenginefx.com.
http://junk.tg-16.com/audio/Double_Dragon_II/Track06.mp3

« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 03:02:11 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 02:48:40 AM »
When the game is bought, I will hack the rom and rename it Dino Farce
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.