Author Topic: Official PCE games that are 80-100% in english and no/little japanese required  (Read 4059 times)

Digi.k

sorry guys but the list lists Fatal Fury special as having english options under the options menu but how is it accessed as I can't see it when I go there?

dave_van_damn

J.B. Harold Murder Club has an English option.

sanjo

a bit of self promotion,
many years ago, I translated Daisenryaku (a turned based modern war simulation game) into English. It was mostly translated. There were a few bits of untranslated text I found, but I never encountered it when playing to completion several times. So I left it at 0.99

http://www.zophar.net/translations/pc-engine/english/super-daisenryaku-cd-.html

Winniez

Both Zero 4 Champ games are in japanese. Maybe the original poster played a fan translation. Otherwise a great list and thanks for posting it! I would have never guessed that the Populous is completely in english. Gotta pick that up.

CZroe

sorry guys but the list lists Fatal Fury special as having english options under the options menu but how is it accessed as I can't see it when I go there?
I saw it in a YouTube video but now I can’t find it. I see the “Option” menu in most videos but no none picks it. The “Config” menu seems to be for key assignments. I only see “Config” for Fatal Fury 2 but Art of Fighting and Fatal Fury Special have both menus. I did find a video showing the setting in Art of Fighting:

CZroe

Quick question:
Can I share this list in the AtariAge TG16 thread? Someone’s asking me for it. I’ll give credit.

turboswimbz

I would say share away but you might want the B man who started the thread to comment.

Note that there are other lists on some of the more popular forums as well.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

BigusSchmuck

Quick question:
Can I share this list in the AtariAge TG16 thread? Someone’s asking me for it. I’ll give credit.
Go for it. Honestly forgot about this list. :P One day I will create a spreadsheet so it makes a little bit more sense. Those AtariAge guys never did help me with my Jaguar problems btw lol.

fraggore

handy to know some of them RPG games can be played, i have a few of the games in the list and never played then as i thought they were all in Japanese i will get to trying them out thanks.

A spreadsheet would be well handy.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

cabbage

the manhole should be on the 100% english list

BigusSchmuck

the manhole should be on the 100% english list
Added. And if anyone else has some more to add, will start up the spreadsheet of all these for friendly view!