Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 10177 times)

ProfessorProfessorson

Re: Xbox One
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2013, 12:29:58 PM »
(Looks over at my computers, thanks them for their years of continued dedicated service, and for doing everything the Xbox One promises to do, and more, all this time, and for doing it better)

Outside of that, yeah.... this thing looks like a PR nightmare, and I have a small gut feeling in a year and a half someone in marketing and a couple of heads up at Microsoft will be falling on their swords, though as a whole the issue will be shrugged off. This all depends on how well PS4 and Wii-U do though. If PS4 delivers a system that doesn't do fee shit on pre-owned titles and doesn't pull a always on scheme then it will be the winner of the new "console wars",whatever that even means anymore. I don't think it matters much though, since Microsoft seems to be taking the shift from gaming consoles into the realm of trying to make powerful but ugly as f*ck media boxes that directly eat dollars from your wallet like dogs eat bacon treats. All that machine is missing is a "insert dollar" slot and a guy that comes to your house to collect the profits once a week.

Microsoft is going to look at whatever success Sony and Nintendo get and basically say" who cares, we went in our own direction creating our own new market where we are number 1, we are not in the game console business anymore, we ARE the multimedia business". By this stance if they get outsold in the market, PR wise they will express they wont care and that it doesn't count because they are no longer selling a game console, and are the only ones to compete with in their own new market they created. This will all be imaginary obviously, as we all know the core audience of the Xbox has always been gamers, who will be diverting their money and attention to the other companies that cater to them better. But Microsoft has basically created the best easy way out to losing the console wars, by feigning ignorance of being involved in it. Some of this reaks of 3DO in that respect.

This round they are basically stealing business models and ideas from Steam, Apple, and even Trip Hawkens amongst others. Lame doesn't even begin to describe it all.

KingDrool

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 12:32:54 PM »
Look at the size of this motherf*cker!

Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Tatsujin

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2013, 01:08:26 PM »
FarkBox One
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Black Tiger

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2013, 01:13:40 PM »
I loved how the biannual update to Call of Duty is: "now you have a dog!"

But he's got an adorable outfit so you will be coordinated in battle. :P

It's like the new Malibu Stacy doll on the Simpsons.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2013, 01:16:06 PM »

Fixed to better represent the truth of the matter.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2013, 01:39:35 PM »
Look at the size of this motherf*cker!

It is enormous.  My panini press is smaller than that.  A lot of Twitter posts suggested it looked like a top loading VCR.  The best comment I saw was;
"XBOX Juan" Made In Mexico.

Fixed to better represent the truth of the matter.

Not bad.  I would have added teeth or had it verbally insulting you while inserting your monies.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:41:18 PM by FiftyQuid »
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

esteban

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2013, 02:06:31 PM »
(Looks over at my computers, thanks them for their years of continued dedicated service, and for doing everything the Xbox One promises to do, and more, all this time, and for doing it better)

Outside of that, yeah.... this thing looks like a PR nightmare, and I have a small gut feeling in a year and a half someone in marketing and a couple of heads up at Microsoft will be falling on their swords, though as a whole the issue will be shrugged off. This all depends on how well PS4 and Wii-U do though. If PS4 delivers a system that doesn't do fee shit on pre-owned titles and doesn't pull a always on scheme then it will be the winner of the new "console wars",whatever that even means anymore. I don't think it matters much though, since Microsoft seems to be taking the shift from gaming consoles into the realm of trying to make powerful but ugly as f*ck media boxes that directly eat dollars from your wallet like dogs eat bacon treats. All that machine is missing is a "insert dollar" slot and a guy that comes to your house to collect the profits once a week.

Microsoft is going to look at whatever success Sony and Nintendo get and basically say" who cares, we went in our own direction creating our own new market where we are number 1, we are not in the game console business anymore, we ARE the multimedia business". By this stance if they get outsold in the market, PR wise they will express they wont care and that it doesn't count because they are no longer selling a game console, and are the only ones to compete with in their own new market they created. This will all be imaginary obviously, as we all know the core audience of the Xbox has always been gamers, who will be diverting their money and attention to the other companies that cater to them better. But Microsoft has basically created the best easy way out to losing the console wars, by feigning ignorance of being involved in it. Some of this reaks of 3DO in that respect.

This round they are basically stealing business models and ideas from Steam, Apple, and even Trip Hawkens amongst others. Lame doesn't even begin to describe it all.

Indubitably.

BUT IT WON'T TAKE BILLS LESS THAN $20...

|    | 

Tatsujin

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2013, 02:22:12 PM »
Seriously, looks like an ugly IBM office desktop PC from the mid/end 90s.
www.pcedaisakusen.net

SmaMan

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2013, 02:58:57 PM »
And all this happens just as I'm considering moving my games off of my PC and to my console and keeping my compy and keeping is as an editing lab... seems like I may need to reconsider that, though I still don't see this new used games system, which cuts their biggest money-maker GameStop out of the equation, succeeding for very long. If they don't double back on this before the console's release, I'd predict that it will happen sometime in its first two years.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2013, 03:53:27 PM »

Making it so you cant rent/trade games is retarded.  That's just spitting on the spirit of video games. 

Welp, I've never felt better about having a Wii U.  That thing mostly focuses on games.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2013, 03:56:56 PM »
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2013, 04:10:24 PM »
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

MotherGunner

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2013, 04:26:56 PM »
It pains me so much to know Microsoft has hurt so many of my friends today.  *Sobs*
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Tatsujin

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2013, 04:50:33 PM »
It pains me so much to know Microsoft has hurt so many of my friends today.  *Sobs*

Did you know them doing any different ever before?
www.pcedaisakusen.net

vestcoat

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2013, 04:52:50 PM »
Boy is my head stuck in the sand - I clicked this thread thinking the original XBOX had a new internet moniker.

Anyway, yes, it looks like a huge pile of crap. Glad to see all the hate.