Author Topic: What are some of your faviorite two player games?  (Read 1013 times)

Obfuscate

Re: What are some of your faviorite two player games?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 06:52:10 AM »
When I was a kid we my bro and I with our friends played a ton of World Class Baseball, Final Lap Twin and Bomberman 93

fragmare

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 12:35:41 AM »
Forgotten Worlds, Riot Zone, Bloody Wolf, Side Arms, CD Altered Beast, Raiden, Tatsujin... oh wait...

vestcoat

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 05:59:51 AM »
Puyo Puyo 1 & 2 is often forgotten

esteban

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 10:41:10 AM »
Puyo Puyo 1 & 2 is often forgotten

Ha! Totally. I don't think I have both of them; I haven't played it in ages.

CONFESSION: I never played Ordyne in 2-player mode!! I haven't really spent much time with this game. I didn't get it until much later (late 90's?). I'm curious about it, though.
  |    | 

nodtveidt

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 02:12:02 PM »
Lucretia. ;)

vestcoat

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 02:18:23 PM »
Favorite non-simultaneous, non-cooperative, two-player game: Cloud Master

TR0N

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 05:38:39 PM »
Double Dragon II,Monster Lair,Aero Blaster,Sapphire,Chew Man Fu,Shockman

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

spenoza

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 07:39:05 PM »
Aero Blasters is not only 2 player, but when two people are playing there are 2-player only attacks. If both players charge the screen flash ability and release at the exact same time it becomes incredibly powerful. If both players are charged, they can alternately hit the attack button at the same time to cause energy to blast between the two ships that does major damage to anything between them. It adds so much to the game to play it that way, because then you start to look for opportunities to use the cool new abilities, even when they probably wouldn't help.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

esteban

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2013, 08:05:57 PM »
Aero Blasters is not only 2 player, but when two people are playing there are 2-player only attacks. If both players charge the screen flash ability and release at the exact same time it becomes incredibly powerful. If both players are charged, they can alternately hit the attack button at the same time to cause energy to blast between the two ships that does major damage to anything between them. It adds so much to the game to play it that way, because then you start to look for opportunities to use the cool new abilities, even when they probably wouldn't help.

I referred to this as the SPECIAL MEGA BLAST in my post. 
  |    | 

lukester

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2013, 10:19:37 AM »

Detana Twin Bee has something similar to this (One player pushes down on the other player's ship for a powerful 3 way shot attack), not quite the same though.

td741

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2013, 01:31:04 AM »
So does Shockman/Shubinbinman... I'm trying to remember if Shubinbinman 1 and 3 has it but in Shockman both players setup a charge shot, one player shoots the other with their charge shot. That player absorbs the charget shot and lets go of their own charge shot to get a spread charge shot.

roflmao

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2013, 01:53:56 PM »
Nulltity and I had a blast playing through Hellfire S not too long ago.  Granted, we didn't beat the game, but I think we got farther that I've been able to get in single player mode.

Sapphire and Cadash were also fun to play (though the grinding in Cadash was no bueno).

johnnykonami

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2013, 02:16:35 PM »
I think I owned a turbo tap, but I didn't get a duo tap once I upgraded.  I definitely played way more single player games, but Dungeon Explorer comes to mind, along with Bomberman.  Was Military Madness any fun with two people?

420GOAT

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2014, 05:06:18 AM »
turbo tap and extra controller on the way. soon i can play hit the ice, final lap twin, and dungeon explorer with other people.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

Xak

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2014, 03:44:57 PM »
DungeonExplorer 1n2

Double Dragon

Bonk 3 volleyball
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic