Author Topic: 2014 Midwest Gaming Classic  (Read 5319 times)

Bardoly

2014 Midwest Gaming Classic
« on: January 22, 2014, 09:38:09 AM »
So, who's going to the 2014 Midwest Gaming Classic?

It will be on Saturday & Sunday, April 12-13 in Brookfield, WI (near Milwaukee).

Unless something happens to our schedule, my sister and I should be there again this year.  Last year was our first time to attend, and we really enjoyed it.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
Re: 2014 Midwest Gaming Classic
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 05:42:32 PM »
I'm planning on it...and bringing another local (to my area) along to meet the obey heads. Don't worry, he does not drink as much as me. It's been too long since I was able to make a MGC...I canceled a tourney for it...it's serious, yo.

Save the Spotted Cow, I'm coming!
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

nodtveidt

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 11:52:35 PM »
I was planning to finally attend this year, but it looks like it's not going to happen once again.

chany60126

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 01:17:39 AM »
Barring any setbacks at work, I should be there.
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

Opethian

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 01:18:31 AM »
plane ticket booked
!

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 01:46:42 AM »
plane ticket booked
!

BEST THANG EVAR!!!

For those looking for more info, please check out the official site here for booking hotels and convention hours/events.  It's shaping up to be literally, the BIGGEST event yet!!

This year we're looking for even more input and participation from everyone coming!  We're opening up the Museum/gaming area longer for more gaming and enjoyment! 

Returning to MGC is TURBO FEST!  An entire room dedicated to everything NEC.  We're going to have a rokken banner up with promotional sponsorship from Aetherbyte, The PC Engine Software Bible, Epona Soft and a cheap plug for the HuPack's HuCast.  ;)

If anyone is looking to participate, loan us games/consoles/projects/books/toys etc or whatever at the time of the convention we'll gladly add them to our event!!  Just let myself, Matthius, BlueBMW or Jeffy Lewis know via PM or email.  =)

Can't wait to hang out with everything again this year!!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 01:51:14 AM by _joshuaTurbo »

roflmao

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 03:47:11 PM »
I'm hoping to make it.  I just started a new job and want to get a little more "cred" in there before asking for some time off (I'll likely drive up), but I think it's a "probably" atm. Very excited to see y'all again!

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 01:18:20 AM »
If anyone is looking to participate, loan us games/consoles/projects/books/toys etc or whatever at the time of the convention we'll gladly add them to our event!!  Just let myself, Matthius, BlueBMW or Jeffy Lewis know via PM or email.  =)

If you have a whole room, will you need more systems? Or are doing gun games + turbo in the room? I can pack up a system if we just want MORE. A Shuttle or Duo can fit easy on my carry-on, not like games take up much room.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

turboswimbz

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 03:21:59 AM »
I wanted to make this, but starting a hopefully new job very well may change those plans .  Swimby Sad.  :(
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

munchiaz

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 03:57:25 AM »
i want to go but i plan on moving a month after this event, so my money will be tied up

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 05:39:07 AM »

If you have a whole room, will you need more systems? Or are doing gun games + turbo in the room? I can pack up a system if we just want MORE. A Shuttle or Duo can fit easy on my carry-on, not like games take up much room.

We could definitely use the shuttle!  That'll look super sweet!!

As for a solid list on consoles/games to bring -I'm sure we'll move around some things regarding the plans for the event, but for now the more you guys can bring to be involved, the less crap I have to bring with.  ;)

Jibbajaba

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 07:23:46 PM »
Wish I could be there.  Milwaukee is not a convenient place to get to from California, unfortunately.

BlueBMW

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 12:52:36 AM »
Lots of peeps fly in ;)

Ill be driving.  Its only 600 miles.  Next year will be tougher though...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

wildfruit

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 01:23:56 AM »
I might walk the 4000 miles

Sent from my Lumia 520 on Scabb Island using Tapatalk

tggodfrey

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 01:52:45 AM »
I will prolly find a way to be there. 
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy