Author Topic: Your new TG16/CD collection purchases for the month?  (Read 10445 times)

ifkz

Your new TG16/CD collection purchases for the month?
« on: June 12, 2014, 03:26:22 PM »
Since joining the forum and making good progress on my US TurboDuo project, I expanded my collection a bit with some local, PCEFX forum, and auction purchases.  All of this happened in a month.  This was my first PCEFX forum purchase, likely my last local purchase, that is fitting.

I asked a senior member of the forums and I decided to create this thread for other members to update with their own finds for whatever current month it is when they make a post.  Good idea?

I figure a post of mine with a picture/explanation/text will kick things off.  I like the idea of pictures instead of a games found text list; at least pictures are more interesting.  I think listing prices would be in bad taste, and keeping them out of the thread would prevent it from becoming a brag thread.  I am aiming more for of fun/cool/inspirational vibe.

For the month of May-June:

Personal notes:
Wow, this is the largest amount of games I have ever purchased at one time!  The month before this, I only found Vigilante.  The copy of Shape Shifter wraps up my long search nicely.  This is my very first ICOM game.  Finding Loom was also a stroke of luck, it does not appear very often at all (in my opinion).  The sports games are fun:  Davis Cup Tennis kept slipping through at auction, and Takin it to the Hoop will replace my loose copy.  Of extra special note is Shockman.  Not only is it my favorite of the pictured, but it joins my very small game box collection.  Now, officially, I need two hands to count them all!  I also love the anime cover art!  I may try to remove the sharpie with rubbing alcohol, then again...maybe not.  It is very worn but I am, equally, very happy with it and my finds for the month!  This is a lot of great gaming  8)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:28:08 PM by ifkz »
THANKS TO ALL PCEfx members who have helped fix my hardware and add to my games library!  What a thrill!

jelloslug

Re: Your new TG16/CD collection purchases for the month?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 04:10:29 PM »
I finally got a good deal on Vasteel.  There are not many "cheap" games left on my list though.

sosoyo180

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 06:40:29 AM »
This month I went a tad overboard 'money-wise', but I did get a deal on everything I bought:

- CIB World Sport's Competition
- CIJ Klax
- Shockman w/ game and manual
- CIJ Parodius Da!
- CIJ Parasol Stars
- CIJ Takin' It To the Hoop

and that's all she wrote
12 hard black inches of pure fun, the TurboGrafx 16.

tggodfrey

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 09:50:39 AM »
I got my 3rd copy of US Magical Chase and a few games for my PS3
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

HailingTheThings

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 12:36:00 PM »
I got my 3rd copy of US Magical Chase and a few games for my PS3

Ha(h)

Bardoly

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 04:22:22 AM »
There is actually not much more that I am looking to get TG-16, but I did get this:
(Thanks to Bklyn4ever.)

This box brings my CIB TG-16 library to near-complete!
(I should post up some pics...)

The only boxes remaining are:
Lords of the Rising Sun - a forum member here has this for me, so I'll have this before too long.  :)
Magical Chase  :roll:

ifkz

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 04:26:58 AM »
Do you like the game?  It seems like a unique game for the system and one that I have been on-and-off searching for since I watched TurboViews' youtube review.

Congrats on the find!
THANKS TO ALL PCEfx members who have helped fix my hardware and add to my games library!  What a thrill!

Bardoly

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 04:52:49 AM »
Do you like the game?  It seems like a unique game for the system and one that I have been on-and-off searching for since I watched TurboViews' youtube review.

Congrats on the find!

I actually haven't taken the time to play it yet.   :oops:

In recent days, honing my Tatsujin skills for VGS has taken all of my game time.  I'll have to get to this before too long.  I already had a CIC copy with no box, so this recent acquisition leaves me with an extra CIC copy.  If anyone  is interested, it's in my trade/sell thread in my signature.

vestcoat

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 05:28:59 AM »
How many "buy stuff" threads do we have now? There's:
"teh "what did you buy today"-thread "
"What PC-Engine Stuff did you get today?"
"Your new TG16/CD collection purchases for the month?"
"Upcoming games u plan on buying and why?"
"Not sure on what to buy next"
"What did I buy?"
"Your recent purchases and impressions"

I look forward to further segmenting and bumping our purchases to the top of each and every subforum. Quick: What PCE Homebrew did you buy today? What LD-ROM's did you buy today? What VC Games did you buy today?

Bardoly

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 05:50:43 AM »
"What did I buy?"

I look forward to further segmenting and bumping our purchases to the top of each and every subforum. Quick: What PCE Homebrew did you buy today? What LD-ROM's did you buy today? What VC Games did you buy today?

I agree that all of them together may be a bit much, but the "teh "what did you buy today"-thread " doesn't seem to scratch the itch of seeing Turbo-only related items together, and since the TG-16 and PC Engine have separate boards, it seems that 3 threads would be about right.  Of course, 2 threads could be fine if titled correctly - something like "What Obey Have You Recently Acquired?" and "What Nobey Have You Recently Acquired?"

tggodfrey

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 05:51:39 AM »
"What did I buy?"

But he asked a senior member............Must have been one of those who have been here for a month.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 06:03:35 AM »
I'm with ya, vesty.  Ain't one thread enough?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

vestcoat

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 06:12:27 AM »
I agree that all of them together may be a bit much, but the "teh "what did you buy today"-thread " doesn't seem to scratch the itch of seeing Turbo-only related items together, and since the TG-16 and PC Engine have separate boards, it seems that 3 threads would be about right.  Of course, 2 threads could be fine if titled correctly - something like "What Obey Have You Recently Acquired?" and "What Nobey Have You Recently Acquired?"
One thread is enough, the problem is sheep like you have nothing else to talk about.

esteban

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 11:07:08 AM »
I hate all the "what did you buy threads"

Of course, they are the only frequently updated threads.

Blaaaaaaaaargh.
  |    | 

Bardoly

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 09:29:34 AM »
I'm with ya, vesty.  Ain't one thread enough?

Not really...  See my below quoted response:

One thread is enough, the problem is sheep like you have nothing else to talk about.

vestcoat,
You didn't respond to my explanation above about the "teh "what did you buy today"-thread " often being clogged up with non-Turbo-related purchases.
I (and many others, I presume) could care less about almost all non-Turbo-related purchases and would appreciate having a single Turbo-related purchases thread.  Because this forum separates the TurboGrafx-16 from the PC Engine (a possible mistake in my opinion), having a single thread in each board would seem to make sense.  The alternative would be to only have 2 threads - Obey and Nobey, both in the Chit-Chat Board.

The problem with that is that the Chit-Chat Board is in the Non-NEC Console Related Discussion section of this forum... :roll:  And the "teh "what did you buy today"-thread " is actually in the Console Chat Board in the Non-NEC Console Related Discussion section of this forum, and the Console Chat Board specifically states, "Talk about any non-NEC related consoles here."  This means that the "teh "what did you buy today"-thread " should technically be only for non-Turbo-related purchases.   :-"

Therefore, because there is no single board logically positioned for a single Turbo-related purchases thread, it would seem that having a TurboGrafx-16-related purchases thread in the TG-16 board, and having a PC Engine-related purchases thread in the PC Engine board would make the most sense.