Author Topic: (CLOSED) Turbo Everdrive Group Buy ORDERED!  (Read 4889 times)

BlueBMW

Re: (CLOSED) Turbo Everdrive Group Buy ORDERED!
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2014, 09:22:06 AM »
Speaking of... If anyone breaks their reset button I have some replacements.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Sadler

« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2014, 09:24:53 AM »
Does that mean you fixed  it? :D Meet me at Chipotle in 5 minutes!

Medic_wheat

« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2014, 09:46:06 AM »
Speaking of... If anyone breaks their reset button I have some replacements.

Just do what joe does and use a series of interlocking paperclips. Its how he uses that PMV monitor

BlueBMW

« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2014, 06:55:24 PM »
I implemented that paperclip apparatus thank you very much!  :)

Sadler, I should be free some this weekend if you want to hook up for the everdrive.  Ill be soldering the button on in the morning ;)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Sadler

« Reply #199 on: September 15, 2014, 03:38:45 AM »
Got mine yesterday! Thanks jtucci31 for taking on this massive task, and thanks Blue for repairing mine! :D

jtucci31

« Reply #200 on: September 15, 2014, 04:05:01 AM »
I'm glad things worked out well for you both! Hope everyone's enjoying their everdrives  :mrgreen:

FiftyQuid

« Reply #201 on: October 06, 2014, 02:42:16 PM »
Finally bought the microSD for this and loaded up the .rom files.  This thing is fricken awesome!  I don't know why I didn't buy this little piece of heaven before.  Loading up the .rom files is super easy and very fast.  Plays just like the real thing.

Now I have a problem… I have everything on the emulator so why keep the actual HU's?  I could see keeping some of them for nostalgia sake.  Splatterhouse, Bonk, Bonk II, R-Type, but the others I don't see a reason why I should keep them when there's some money to be had.  Soldier Blade is a perfect example.  This is a $100 game (give or take).  Why keep it?  I could use the money on something else, like another pinball machine.  :D
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

KingDrool

« Reply #202 on: October 06, 2014, 04:39:11 PM »
I had the same thought today, but I don't think I should ever sell off my collection. I just love the Turbo too much.

But I'll echo the sentiment: the Everdrive is fantastic. I've spent the last few weeks going through numerous PC Engine titles that I've missed over the years, using The Brothers Duomazov as a guide. As a result, I've discovered some great games. Even games that wouldn't be considered "classics", I've enjoyed the hell out of. (Coryoon, Aoi Blink, etc.). Looking forward to continuing the discovery.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Medic_wheat

« Reply #203 on: October 06, 2014, 04:47:23 PM »
I see it as a way to play the entire library. Cherry pick the games closest to my hear or liking.  Keep the junk titles down. Nothing but gems

Its mostly how I collect. I try and only get games I can pick up and play any day and enjoy. 

No need to clutter up space on a game I never play.

So yeah.  Plus I can be patient and wait for the game to be in my price range and still enjoy the library of games on original hardware.

BlueBMW

« Reply #204 on: October 06, 2014, 07:03:24 PM »
It is very tempting to unload at least part of the collection.  Certainly I plan to keep at least a handful of games that have nostalgic value etc but yeah the everdrive certainly makes a good case for letting a lot of stuff go.  My US system is still at my parents house 1300 miles away but I can play all the US games I want on my DuoR using the everdrive... its just so darn convenient.

ishiyakazuo

« Reply #205 on: October 07, 2014, 04:16:12 AM »
Yeah, especially if you've got a TurboExpress/PCE GT.  Carrying around all your Hueys would suck.
Same thing with the DS... I don't have any ROMs that I don't own the cards for on it, but I've got enough DS games that carrying them around every time I go somewhere is a pain!

clackattack

« Reply #206 on: October 07, 2014, 07:19:33 AM »
Soooo anyone else miss out on this and want one?! at one point, the OP said he would organize it again if there was enuf interest in a second round. I will also go out on a limb and say that if the OP DOESNT want to do it again, I would be willing to take up the reigns on it. Post or PM me if youre interested and maybe we can make this happen again
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

jtucci31

« Reply #207 on: October 07, 2014, 07:26:05 AM »
Soooo anyone else miss out on this and want one?! at one point, the OP said he would organize it again if there was enuf interest in a second round. I will also go out on a limb and say that if the OP DOESNT want to do it again, I would be willing to take up the reigns on it. Post or PM me if youre interested and maybe we can make this happen again

I'd honestly be willing to do it again. Gives me something to do and it's really not bad.

Not sure how many people would be interested in another one though. We knocked out so many people with the last one.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #208 on: October 07, 2014, 08:41:09 AM »

I'd honestly be willing to do it again. Gives me something to do and it's really not bad.

Not sure how many people would be interested in another one though. We knocked out so many people with the last one.

Speaking of which my brother in law is loving his. 

Now if only I could get him to use his mechanical engineering and 3D printer for OBEY.

jtucci31

« Reply #209 on: October 07, 2014, 08:51:55 AM »

Speaking of which my brother in law is loving his. 

Now if only I could get him to use his mechanical engineering and 3D printer for OBEY.

I've been meaning to ask you that. Glad he's liking it! What system did you give him to play on?