Author Topic: Nes2pce Possible to get more conversions?  (Read 3275 times)

Dicer

Nes2pce Possible to get more conversions?
« on: July 26, 2014, 05:26:44 PM »
I know there are a handful of conversions out there...How hard is this? Are there tools or is it just the one dev doing the work (long since halted)

I saw mention of dragon warrior port, but no links around.

Would love to have a sizeable NES collection using the extra bit of punch of the PCE.

NightWolve

Re: Nes2pce Possible to get more conversions?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 05:30:30 PM »
Pretty much only one guy has been able to do this, Bonknuts/malducci/Tom.

https://pcedev.wordpress.com/downloads-and-links/

Yeah, he did Dragon Warrior I think, but didn't upload the patch anywhere I guess (too buggy perhaps ?). Anyway, very hard, few possess the hacking prowess to accomplish this, much less the desire...

spenoza

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 06:05:28 PM »
Give praise unto Bonknuts with flattery/money/poon/bananas and pray he looks upon your meager offerings with good favor.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Bonknuts

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 06:32:40 PM »
Dragon Warrior is done, but it uses the original/old code. I wanted to update it (there was one bug in how the last boss shows on screen, but the plays fine). Audio could use the new emulation code too. Anyway, it's low priority at the moment.

The emulation code is highly reusable, but each game does need a few couple of tweaks here and there. Not for the faint of heart. The problem is that you need to be familiar with both the NES and PCE on an advance level.

Did you have something particular in mind, or just general conversions?

Dicer

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 06:33:48 PM »
I was dozing off when the thought popped into my head, I will lay down an altar and pray to the mighty Bonknuts so that we may be rained down upon with more goodNES.

I'm still dozing off...but I shall pray in my dreams...

Dicer

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 09:59:04 AM »
Dragon Warrior is done, but it uses the original/old code. I wanted to update it (there was one bug in how the last boss shows on screen, but the plays fine). Audio could use the new emulation code too. Anyway, it's low priority at the moment.

The emulation code is highly reusable, but each game does need a few couple of tweaks here and there. Not for the faint of heart. The problem is that you need to be familiar with both the NES and PCE on an advance level.

Nothing really in particular...just wondering why it kind of came to a halt, so many classics that could be potentially ported over. I know nothing on the dev side, otherwise I'd be happily be porting away.

If you want to do one for shits and giggles, I'd love Tetris.

Down the line a "NES hits" superCD would be neat, but that would take work, and legality issues...that just mt personal pipe dream lol

esteban

Nes2pce Possible to get more conversions?
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 01:53:23 PM »

Nothing really in particular...just wondering why it kind of came to a halt, so many classics that could be potentially ported over. I know nothing on the dev side, otherwise I'd be happily be porting away.

If you want to do one for shits and giggles, I'd love Tetris.

Down the line a "NES hits" superCD would be neat, but that would take work, and legality issues...that just mt personal pipe dream lol

A game unique to the NES would make a lot of sense. Not sure about Tetris. I did enjoy 2-player battles in the Tengen version, though. 
  |    | 

spenoza

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 02:33:33 PM »
Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic would be hilarious to get running via NES2PCE. The game that ultimately became a Mario game, but still an original creation by Nintendo themselves.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Dicer

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 02:51:50 PM »
Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic would be hilarious to get running via NES2PCE. The game that ultimately became a Mario game, but still an original creation by Nintendo themselves.

That's actually not a terrible choice either...

Ayce

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 12:30:48 PM »
I'd like to see Bonk's Adventure for the NES converted to the TG16... that of course may cause a tear in the time and space fabric.

esteban

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 09:37:32 AM »

I'd like to see Bonk's Adventure for the NES converted to the TG16... that of course may cause a tear in the time and space fabric.

Hahahahahahahahaha
  |    | 

johnnymad

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 04:55:29 PM »

A port of a port. Isn't that like inception?

lukester

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 02:43:03 PM »

Good idea, but two problems.

1. It's a disk system game.
2. There is no run button in Doki Doki Panic, and you must beat the game with all 4 characters.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 06:39:03 PM »
I'd like to see NES Bonk via NES2PCE.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 07:22:57 AM »
Blaster Master? Or how about the Ultima games? :)