Author Topic: Awesome pce games that no one plays.  (Read 3691 times)

lukester

Awesome pce games that no one plays.
« on: November 08, 2014, 02:52:05 PM »
List a game and say why anyone should play it.

Recommendations

Super Dodgeball
Liquid Kids
Momotaro Katsugeki (platformer)
Blodia  ](*,)
Future Boy Conan
Bubblegum Crash has translation
Gomola Speed
Neo Metal Fantasy
SonSon II
Private Eyedol
Go! Go! Birdie Chance
Hatris

Super dodgeball (hucard). It's way better than the nes version and a really fun game to pick up and play.
It's got good music, very pretty graphics and some badass attacks. The pce version also has a cool alien mode, where you can recruit team captains to form an all-star team, and fight the alien team on the moon.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 01:55:49 PM by lukester »

fragmare

Re: Awesome pce games that no one plays.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 03:34:21 PM »
Mizubaku Daibuken (Liquid Kids)

I don't hear about this nearly enough.  It's a wonderful game.  The play control is really tight, the graphics are bright and colorful and it pretty much plays like Parasol Stars: The Platformer

lukester

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 04:12:02 PM »
Mizubaku Daibuken (Liquid Kids)

I don't hear about this nearly enough.  It's a wonderful game.  The play control is really tight, the graphics are bright and colorful and it pretty much plays like Parasol Stars: The Platformer

Heh, I've beaten this one too. Great game. I use the warp on the pyramid stage haha, and the whole final level is a pain.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 05:06:14 PM »
Hany on The Road. I don't "hear" enough people talking about it. Pretty much a beej machine.

Long Live FACE!

sunteam_paul

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 09:07:05 PM »
Momotaro Katsugeki - Why isn't everyone holding this up as an example of an amazing platformer alongside the PC Genjin series? It's a superbly fun game and deserves much more love.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

esteban

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 11:15:04 PM »
Blodia
  |    | 

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 11:23:37 PM »
Future Boy Conan: A decent platformer based on an awesome anime series. The game plays well, can be found inexpensively, has great graphics/art and cool cutscenes. There aren't a lot of platformers on the PC Engine compared to the SNES and Genesis, so a quality one like this that last I knew isn't going for a lot of money makes it a great pickup for anyone.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 11:29:55 PM »
Son Son II
  |    | 

Otaking

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 01:33:08 AM »
Bubblegum Crash!
fan translation here http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1234/
I originally had a long post about why it's awesome but my browser crashed and I lost it.
Anyways I really enjoyed the game and I'd recommend it.

lukester

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 02:04:17 AM »
Bubblegum Crash!
I originally had a long post about why it's awesome but my browser crashed and I lost it.

Would you need knowledge of the OVA series to play this game?

pixeljunkie

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 03:29:58 AM »
Momotaro Katsugeki - Why isn't everyone holding this up as an example of an amazing platformer alongside the PC Genjin series? It's a superbly fun game and deserves much more love.

this

and speaking of awesome platformers - Bakusho Yoshimoto No Shinkigeki

It's got nice graphics, some great humor and fun minigames. Its also terribly easy.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 04:05:54 AM »
Gomola Speed
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Otaking

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 04:54:26 AM »
Bubblegum Crash!

Would you need knowledge of the OVA series to play this game?

No it's fine you don't need to have watched the anime to play the game.
The game is a digital comic/graphic adventure, so you'll need to like these kind of games to enjoy it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 06:19:13 AM by HardcoreOtaku »

Black Tiger

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 05:59:42 AM »
Neo Metal Fantasy is a Phantasy Star II/IV style game with a bit more fantasy and non-technological environments, like the original Phantasy Star. It has some great and unique character designs and high quality cinemas with some of the best animation in a SCD game. All of the gameplay and interface is polished and everything feels intuitive. Bosses are full screen and very detailed, featuring amazing artwork. Each one is like battling Dark Falz from the original Phantasy Star. You get to pilot multiple vehicles, explore a huge world, an underworld and moon. The battle menu uses animated icons like the Shining games and there has been a detailed English walkthrough online since 1999. Everyone who enjoys JRPGs should play it.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

pixeljunkie

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 08:26:17 AM »
Neo Metal Fantasy is a Phantasy Star II/IV style game with a bit more fantasy and non-technological environments, like the original Phantasy Star. It has some great and unique character designs and high quality cinemas with some of the best animation in a SCD game. All of the gameplay and interface is polished and everything feels intuitive. Bosses are full screen and very detailed, featuring amazing artwork. Each one is like battling Dark Falz from the original Phantasy Star. You get to pilot multiple vehicles, explore a huge world, an underworld and moon. The battle menu uses animated icons like the Shining games and there has been a detailed English walkthrough online since 1999. Everyone who enjoys JRPGs should play it.

this is next on my list after reading that. I have it, just kind of forgot about it.