Author Topic: Analouge NT/Suoer Nt now with more Turrican 2  (Read 6362 times)

Medic_wheat

Re: Analouge NT
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2017, 06:15:22 AM »
When is the Zimba 3000 coming out?

I have a feeling Kev is just going to lease out the various FPG’s to Analouge or similar and abandon the Zimba

sirhcman

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2017, 06:24:21 AM »
When is the Zimba 3000 coming out?

I have a feeling Kev is just going to lease out the various FPG’s to Analouge or similar and abandon the Zimba

:( I was hoping that wouldn't be the case but if it gets products to the market faster then I guess it is a good thing

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2017, 07:11:24 AM »
That thread is always a good time.

We all got to make fun of Smoke Monster, me and DK agreed on something, there was a picture of an asian lady at one point.   It was one of those rare times everyone basically kind of agreed on something.

Some people take a communities price suggestions into consideration when releasing a thing.

other people ... disregard it, get mad, let their friends make it worse, and then pound sand in the other room.

It's whatever.

The problem was the pricing, and that idiotic, irresponsible ignorance+hype fueled free-market NES trainwreck 700$ BS.   

Nobody with half a brain appreciates more things contributing to dumb prices, especially when we all basically said the price sucked and was unreasonable, and later events have proven that to be true.

This wasn't "oh the trolls and shitty members that quit ruined everything".

people like to try and do that, and throw like, ProfProf under the bus, but nope.

Its kind of over-reacty, anyways.   That shit wasn't really worth taking your toys and running to a different playground.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Black Tiger

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2017, 08:02:06 AM »
I think that the guy selling goods using kevtris' stuff took heat for pretty much only coming here to spam the same ad that he copy/pastes into every retro gaming forum.

That and taking all the info and advice he could for mods and then gouging pcbs based on forum members' designs without kicking anything back to the designer(s). kevtris would probably be pissed if this guy was using his work without paying him anythjng.

Instead he's pissed off at the community he doesn't know and isn't a part of.

I have nothing against him and think he's very talented and designs great products. I won't be banning or blacklisting him from anything.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2017, 08:13:17 AM »
At least the prediction that he was setting a price precedent didn't come to pass (or at least not permanently), as you can get 'em easy for $300 or less.  That's still seems like an awful lot for a dang NES, but video mods are kinda pricey on other systems too.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2017, 08:18:39 AM »
It definitely wasn't permanent online at least.

Locally at conventions and stuff?  lol.  It's a goddamn shitshow still.

Something about seeing it in person at a table, with the crowded convention, the noise, the "this might not be here later" and the "oh man I can go home and play this ASAP" makes people COMPLETELY STUPID.

gojira1954

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2017, 08:57:33 AM »
All the analogue products up to the FPGA stuff has had zero interest from me - MVS/NES rehoused in a ridiculous 'luxury' case is wack IMHO.
The mini nt was tempting because of the unlocked cores but the price was still taking the piss.
I've preordered a snes nt (w/no pad!) - £187 so far, hopefully won't get battered by customs too :s
My RGB modded AV famicom with an everdrive came in at less than this but if the snes nt can replace it I think FPGA consoles could well kill my original set ups
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 08:59:22 AM by gojira1954 »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2017, 08:59:46 AM »
Convention shit eaters don't count.  They'd be gouging the f*ck out of 'em no matter what, same as they do for everything else they have on offer.

Black Tiger

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2017, 09:08:47 AM »
All the analogue products up to the FPGA stuff has had zero interest from me - MVS/NES rehoused in a ridiculous 'luxury' case is wack IMHO.
The mini nt was tempting because of the unlocked cores but the price was still taking the piss.
I've preordered a snes nt (w/no pad!) - £187 so far, hopefully won't get battered by customs too :s
My RGB modded AV famicom with an everdrive came in at less than this but if the snes nt can replace it I think FPGA consoles could well kill my original set ups

At least MVS is real hardware.

I've seen it mentioned in several random threads on atariage that this hdmi kit still has audio and misc problems. Maybe atariage and/or Atari FPGA support will be boycotted next?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

SignOfZeta

« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2017, 09:10:35 AM »
I sometimes wonder why you guys get so upset by some of these prices. New game machines from the majors are $400 now, and those are all shat out of a robot in quantities of tens of millions. Controllers are now $70 after tax. How well will an Analogue NT hold its value? I don’t know, but I have a mint condition XBox 360 here with like 20 hours on it that I can’t even GIVE away so I’m thinking probably better than most new machines.

You try making something in a non-volunteer/scenester capacity where profit, or at least breaking even, is necessary to keep the place open and see what the final price tag says after a whopping 115 people put down a deposit.

Look, I’m an OEM-only kinda guy when it comes to video games, pretty much. They made the best gear and the truest experience and that’s generally all I want, personally. I currently have no need for this stuff. When I want to play games, I reach for old plastic from SNK, NEC, Nintendo, and Sega. HOWEVER, in Medical Weed’s crazy (mostly deleted) garbage posts there was one thing I think was a genuine good point. He mentioned (I’m paraphrasing here) that when a billion dollar company aims a product at rich a$$holes you don’t have a problem but when it’s like a three man team you start a f*cking campaign against it.

The PC Engine LT was basically $1000 when it came out. On a good day in 1992 you could buy a new car for $4k. The price of a Laseractive (before it was eventually reduced to $70 or whatever) made the LT look cheap. In the “basic” SuperCD system was $400-1000 depending on configuration. Then there is the Supergrafx which is probably best described as “ripoff” since it was $500, basically a $100 fee for each game made for it since anyone buying it probably already had a PCE. And when you look at the timing of things it’s pretty hard to buy that didn’t NEC know the SGX would never have ten games of its own when they sold it. They cancelled the system themselves and then charged twice the price of a regular system.

And we all love all NEC machines and want every one of them (well, to varying degrees...) despite the actual build quality being...well, really good, but they sure don’t have alloy cases and gold tipped connectors and chips physically robbed from other systems by hand one at a f*cking time...

So why is it we all love sucking the cocks of giant corporations but any individual that tries to develop a product suffers from the Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner problem...that is, it’s “OK” but only if the individual is essentially morally perfect, possess at least one advanced degree, and comes with a list of references to prove it?

gojira1954

« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2017, 09:18:24 AM »
>At least MVS is real hardware.

That's the reason for me that the snes nt is worth a punt, not having real hardware but it behaving in an identical manner.
I've tries various software based emu setups - mame 15khz pc, pi etc and all of them are noticeably out when compared to real hardware.
A FPGA set up that can do multiple machines perfectly sounds good, and for me maybe it's time to lose the piles of crts

Medic_wheat

« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2017, 09:32:02 AM »
Let’s simplify this.

Who here bought any of Analogues clone systems?

What are you thoughts as a owner/consumer?

Does anyone here intend to buy the Super Nt? 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 09:36:20 AM by Medic_wheat »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2017, 09:40:52 AM »
Someone's been huffing model glue.  :P

1.   Opining that something is too expensive doesn't mean anyone is upset.  I don't have a need for the fancier stuff; I'd much rather pay $100 for a unmolested NES and a bunch of common (but great) games and live with composite.
2.   I also think new consoles are overpriced at launch.  They're much better deals after a couple years (they're $250 now) and have more games I want to play.
3.   Controllers for PS4 and xbone are $45 on amazon.  The only ones that're $70 are the Switch ones, and they're widely panned as overpriced.
4.   Not that many members have LTs, SGXs, or LAs because (surprise!) they're generally considered overpriced and not terribly useful.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2017, 09:41:11 AM »
As for myself

Yes,

The all wood CMVS love it

And the Nt (before the mini)

Thoughts?

Love the MVS although I admit only have not used it in two years due to having put it in storage for fear my toddler will wreck it. And pending possible move this year.

As for the Nt well.

Love the build. Love the features.

Was disapointed the scaler wasn’t what was initals peomoted or promised.

Was disapointed I couldn’t have HDMI and RGB

Was disapointed when they kept changing the dang thing with improvements.

Makes me want the Nt mini as it has everything I wanted from day one but I don’t want to buy a third Nt.

Bought one. Sold it for profit and used the money to buy two more from the second batch.

One of the two new ones I gave to my brother in law.

As for the super Nt. I like it.

But because of my experience with the Nt I feel as though I should wait for revisions to see if the thing will later support both hdmi and RGB as well as get a all metal case variant.

I’d prefer my nts to match in build quality instead of having one cool metal Nt and a super Nt that’s all plastic.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2017, 09:47:40 AM »
Its not that we require morally perfect, advance degree, totally referenced people...

its that were all skeptical when the price of something doesn't make sense.

Overcharging for something just because you need to pay bills or keep your niche market thing open is lame.

When the new thing is priced so high that it becomes a less than viable alternative, people are going to complain.