Author Topic: Catastrophy: In Development  (Read 13975 times)

Gredler

Re: Catastrophy: In Development
« Reply #195 on: August 13, 2019, 06:11:25 PM »
Any plans for a release soon?

No, adding the new gameplay time has expanded how much stuff we are needing to make and we are still hamstrung by the sound issues we have with HuC 3.99 :*(

We were hoping to wrap it up before the end of the year, but realistically this is a 2020 at the soonest I imagine.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #196 on: August 14, 2019, 12:12:44 AM »
We can wait.  I'm just happy it's moving along.   :icon_cat_happy:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Gredler

« Reply #197 on: August 14, 2019, 01:08:48 AM »
We can wait.  I'm just happy it's moving along.   :icon_cat_happy:

Thanks sir, I'll post the new art for the shower soon.

It's and example of the type of expansion the game made requiring a lot of art rework.

Previously the tilesets were designed for one screen,  but now that there are belt scrolling sections to the gameplay i need to make tiles for that too.

The good news is all of the small/regular characters are done. I can try to post some images of them but i think it will be more fun for everyone to see it in action with intentional bg tiles :)

roflmao

« Reply #198 on: September 11, 2019, 11:34:09 PM »
Great to hear this is still being worked on!

Gredler

« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2019, 07:36:21 PM »
Thanks for the support!

DK and i seem to find 3 months of progress every 6 months haha. We are both currently in a lul due to personal and work issues, but we are very close to a "beta" state, its nice having almost entirely finishable game with rough art and game design in place.

There is one more enemy to finish the art for, one more boss to finish the art for, then all art will be implemented.

After that its tuning, polish, and most scary of all... audio!

roflmao

« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2019, 11:18:22 PM »
Thanks for the support!

DK and i seem to find 3 months of progress every 6 months haha. We are both currently in a lul due to personal and work issues, but we are very close to a "beta" state, its nice having almost entirely finishable game with rough art and game design in place.

There is one more enemy to finish the art for, one more boss to finish the art for, then all art will be implemented.

After that its tuning, polish, and most scary of all... audio!

Holy moly, that's fantastic news!

Gredler

« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2019, 01:31:48 AM »
This is the boss of the vacuum level, but now we have lukester's brothers music playing during the fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsZr46urUkA&feature=youtu.be

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2019, 10:17:23 AM »
Looking gooood!  Suck my vase, vac-bitch!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

AkumajoTonyX

• "Into The Unknown!"
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2019, 12:53:32 PM »
Brilliant! I love home brew games. Does the cat ever win, or is it a infinite-type runner?

Gredler

« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2019, 01:48:00 PM »
Brilliant! I love home brew games. Does the cat ever win, or is it a infinite-type runner?

This is the boss fight from one of 5 levels. Each level has different gameplay for the boss, and the gameplay before the boss is a beat em up in the style of Riot Street - except you play as a cat attacking mice. We'll have a gameplay video of the beat em up gameplay soon but we're trying to fix some things and add some sound before we post that.

The cat can win, in this boss you need to knock the vase off the table a certain number of times before the vacuum breaks down and stops chasing you.

AkumajoTonyX

• "Into The Unknown!"
« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2019, 08:52:48 PM »

This is the boss fight from one of 5 levels. Each level has different gameplay for the boss, and the gameplay before the boss is a beat em up in the style of Riot Street - except you play as a cat attacking mice. We'll have a gameplay video of the beat em up gameplay soon but we're trying to fix some things and add some sound before we post that.

The cat can win, in this boss you need to knock the vase off the table a certain number of times before the vacuum breaks down and stops chasing you.

That's awesome. I hope you can make some HuCards for us members to purchase down the road. Cheers.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #206 on: November 18, 2019, 11:11:31 AM »
release in #14days ?

The rumor anyway....

12/02/02019

Gredler

« Reply #207 on: November 18, 2019, 11:56:18 AM »
release in #14days ?

The rumor anyway....

12/02/02019

I wish this more than anyone, but we won't be putting it out until DK and I have checked all the boxes we need to for it to be considered done. We still have a lot of stuff to add - i especially need to add new tile art for the other levels. As far as sprite work we need at least one more enemy, and one more boss. There are more enemies and decorative sprites we want to add hut but they would be extras.  DK is almost to bug fix stage, where most gameplay is in place at this point.
That's awesome. I hope you can make some HuCards for us members to purchase down the road. Cheers.

Yes we do hope to make at least a few hucards. My goal for this project from the beginning was to make a hucard game, so yeah we've been planning to make cards feom the get go.

PC Engine Developer

« Reply #208 on: January 21, 2020, 06:47:47 AM »
Count me in, if you need someone to beta test your game in the future. Looks great so far, keep up the good work! :icon_cat_happy:

Gredler

« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2020, 02:35:00 PM »
http://youtu.be/5vWbDovEp4o

DK Posted a video today, this shows a lot of what the game is now and what we are hoping to make each level look and play like.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 02:36:49 PM by Gredler »