Author Topic: "homemade" HuCARD for translations / homebrews/ repros  (Read 1857 times)

Phase

Re: "homemade" HuCARD for translations / homebrews/ repros
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2015, 04:15:24 PM »
those black ones are really cool, great solution for overpriced games and homebrew, maybe you should stick to black only so repros are easy to spot, and leave white (or black) to home brewers.

xelement5x

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2015, 08:31:57 AM »
Like this ^^

Yeah, this is nice too! I think the stickers chop made used the main image from the soundtrack and they look pretty cute too :)

Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Trenton_net

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2015, 03:20:23 AM »
These look pretty nice! Too bad it requires specialized tools and soldering skills to use. If there was someone offering pre-made cards (as nice as the sample pictures), I'd be interested for sure. Especially since it opens up the door to interesting homebrews and translations.

_joshuaTurbo

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2015, 10:31:00 AM »
These look pretty nice! Too bad it requires specialized tools and soldering skills to use. If there was someone offering pre-made cards (as nice as the sample pictures), I'd be interested for sure. Especially since it opens up the door to interesting homebrews and translations.

I'm with you on that.  Any chance we could get something like that for reproductions or homebrew games?

tool

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2015, 07:31:34 PM »
These look good! Nice Job!  :clap:

ichigobankai

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2015, 09:16:10 AM »
Thanks ;)

I've made a little update on my script ton prepare rom before flashing.
Now it makes 2 roms :
- 1 for JP console
- 1 for US consoles (as their datas lines are reversed)

I'm waiting some tests from a friend (because i've only got Japanese consoles) before releasing it.

+ I will put the prices for hucards pre soldered (not preflashed)

For any question PM me.

roflmao

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2015, 05:21:30 PM »
ichigobankai, these are awesome!

ichigobankai

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2015, 09:35:16 PM »
Thanks !

I've put the price for pre-soldered cards and an update of my little soft (to prepare rom before flashing).
Now my soft makes 2 files, one for JAP consoles (***[PCE].bin) and one for US consoles (***[TG16].bin)

Lost Monkey

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2015, 05:54:02 AM »
Thanks !

I've put the price for pre-soldered cards and an update of my little soft (to prepare rom before flashing).
Now my soft makes 2 files, one for JAP consoles (***[PCE].bin) and one for US consoles (***[TG16].bin)

It looks like you may want to edit this, as it currently looks like I can buy 5 presoldered white 512k cards for either 8 or 9 dollars or 5 presoldered black 1M cards for either 9 or 10 dollars.:   :wink:

Quote from: ichigobankai
PRE-SOLDERED CARDS,
price for 1 card.

x5 white card + 512ko (+ mask*) : 8$
    x5 black card + 1Mo (+ mask*) : 9$
    x5 white card + 512ko (+ mask*) : 9$
    x5 black card + 1Mo (+ mask*) : 10$

Trenton_net

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2015, 08:12:31 AM »
Seeing as how I'm a somewhat technical person, I looked into what it would take to get a full setup since it sounds like an interesting project to try. Please correct me if I am forgetting something:

- GQ4x programmer is probably $80-$120
- The actual cards (Pre-soldered if you can't solder) $8-$10 per pcs.
- Masks (Not sure if these come with adhesive or if you need to manually crazy glue these yourself).
- Adapter for programmer (No pre-soldered version available?). Comes free with order? Not sure.
- Color printer, if you plan to print labels for your cards. Does a pre-made template exists? Or can you use a thermal printer to print directly on the cards?

I could probably swing most of that, but my biggest problems would be soldering the programmer adapter kit together, and worrying about label printing since I have no idea how  that is done. There doesn't seem to be any information on how the original samples were produced. This is a super nice product, but it sounds like unless you plan to make it a side business it might be too much money/work for people to get going. And for that matter, if someone does decide to make it a side business, you have to compete with others who are thinking about doing the same thing.

ichigobankai

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2015, 09:29:54 AM »
Thanks Lost Monkey ^^

@Trenton.
Masks are the plastic part glued on the bottom to achieve the right thickness. With each card comes a mask. You just have to choose the short or long version. Short is reprogrammable after paste whereas the long one can not be reprogrammed.

For the label, yes i've got a template.
I will add it tomorrow (a photoshop PSD file, made at 600dpi)

The original project was not for "classic" people, but for those who already have soldering experience and materials. My only main goal was to make a nice "low cost" hucard.

So :

-  the mask are not adhesive, use strong fast-drying glue.

- The adapter if fairly easy to solder, it's dip type (through hole).
It comes in kit to be much more easy to ship
Not included with the cards.

- label : adhesive photo paper.
I'm using this : http://tinyurl.com/Sigel-waterproof-film
A little bit expensive, but very high quality.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2015, 02:56:47 PM »
For those interested in a 3rd party review of these things, I have some on the way. I'll be sure to let everyone know what I think.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2015, 04:00:47 PM »
Amazing quality!

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

RNSpeed

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2015, 01:57:19 AM »
Excellent, those cards pcb's looks awesome

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2015, 10:10:24 AM »
god damn, those hucards are sexaayyyy!!!!