Author Topic: Amazing deal for a LaserActive on Ebay  (Read 1894 times)

schweaty

tbone3969

Re: Amazing deal for a LaserActive on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 10:45:35 PM »
Nice price on that LD system.  If only I had the room.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 03:03:48 AM »
Thats about what I paid for mine 2 years ago.

sirhcman

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 03:38:05 AM »

How do you see what the best offer was? It just shows a line through the BIN price for me

DarkKobold

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 06:18:49 AM »

How do you see what the best offer was? It just shows a line through the BIN price for me

I've noticed eBay has been doing this, even if you pay full price.
Hey, you.

Black Tiger

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 08:03:58 AM »
Amazing deal for an American.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

SignOfZeta

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 09:07:14 AM »
Is it? I've passed on a number of LAs with Sega modules over the years for pretty much that same exact price. 

In the end it doesn't matter though. Since the games start at $80 for totally unplayable garbage (or Power Stone, if you are lucky), quickly get into Neo Geo AES pricing, and you can never play Dragon's Lair no matter how much you pay...Even as a huge LD fan the appeal of the LA diminishes every day.

If only it didn't suck so much. If the video wasn't terrible. If the games/modules weren't so expensive. If they had done any LD game that I ever played in in arcade. If they had just made a version of Yuna that had real anime in it. Almost anything would made the thing more appealing than it is.

RyuHayabusa

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 10:48:24 AM »
Is it? I've passed on a number of LAs with Sega modules over the years for pretty much that same exact price. 

In the end it doesn't matter though. Since the games start at $80 for totally unplayable garbage (or Power Stone, if you are lucky), quickly get into Neo Geo AES pricing, and you can never play Dragon's Lair no matter how much you pay...Even as a huge LD fan the appeal of the LA diminishes every day.

If only it didn't suck so much. If the video wasn't terrible. If the games/modules weren't so expensive. If they had done any LD game that I ever played in in arcade. If they had just made a version of Yuna that had real anime in it. Almost anything would made the thing more appealing than it is.

I have a Laseractive and I have to agree. It's convenient to have hooked up and just switch out the PACs to play Sega and NEC games, but as an LD game system it's very lacking. No Dragon's Lair, no Space Ace, etc. If even half the games on Daphne were available on the LA instead of a bunch of Pyramid Patrol-type games it would've been so much better. Triad Stone is cool but the other two games I really want, Road Blaster and Time Gal, are astronomically expensive now and I'll probably never own them.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 10:53:58 AM »

I have a Laseractive and I have to agree. It's convenient to have hooked up and just switch out the PACs to play Sega and NEC games, but as an LD game system it's very lacking. No Dragon's Lair, no Space Ace, etc. If even half the games on Daphne were available on the LA instead of a bunch of Pyramid Patrol-type games it would've been so much better. Triad Stone is cool but the other two games I really want, Road Blaster and Time Gal, are astronomically expensive now and I'll probably never own them.

That's kind of how I feel as well. Even Don Quoxite has lost its appeal to me after I finished it. Road Blaster would be awesome to have, but not at $400+ I have been seeing run for nowadays.. Unfortunately about the only thing I use my LA for is to watch movies lol.

schweaty

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 12:06:42 PM »
let's petition tobias for some Road Blaster booties  :P

SuperGrafx

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 01:31:29 PM »
I've been interested in the device, but I heard these are notorious for leaky caps. 

SamIAm

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 08:16:43 PM »
I'd like to try Hyperion before I die, just because I like chase-view shooters. I really hope the Laseractive gets emulated at some point for this reason.

Also, I see that most of the games finally have full playthroughs on youtube now. That wasn't the case just a short couple of years ago.

xelement5x

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 03:23:00 AM »
let's petition tobias for some Road Blaster booties  :P

I wish man, it would be cool to be able to repress LDs at all, but I guess all the equipment for them is just totally gone at this point. 

I've got all the LA stuff I really want except a couple titles, I like it because it's a neat footnote in gaming history, plus the games are basically impossible to emulate so if you want to play something you have to have the originals :|  Hopefully they find a way to do flash cart hacks and the like eventually.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 04:38:31 AM »
With the sega pack does it play Sega CD Games or just Turbo Games with the Turbo pack?  In terms of it's video out, LD is Composite native so I've heard that the Composite output is superior to almost everything through a CRT TV?  Game Sack made a great episode here:

« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 04:45:54 AM by EvilEvoIX »

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 07:43:27 AM »
I've been interested in the device, but I heard these are notorious for leaky caps. 

Also, $1000 games. Honestly, I'd be more more concerned with that. If I can afford $1000 games I can probably afford to pay someone to fix the machine itself.