Author Topic: (1/17/2016 - 1/23/2016) Game of the Week: Super Dimension Fortress Macross 2036  (Read 1203 times)

SamIAm

---------------------------------------------------------------------
January 17 - January 23: Super Dimension Fortress Macross 2036

(chosen by Gentlegamer)

---------------------------------------------------

GOTW Schedule:
1. (1/3/2016 - 1/9/2016) Liquid Kids (lukester)
2. (1/10/2016 - 1/16/2016) Buster Bros. (Punch)
3. (1/17/2016 - 1/23/2016) Super Dimension Fortress Macross 2036 (Gentlegamer)
4. (1/24/2016 - 1/30/2016) Fushigi no Yume no Alice (EmperorIng)
5. (1/31/2016 - 2/6/2016) Valkyrie no Densetsu (Gredler)
6. (2/7/2016 - 2/13/2016) Bikkuriman World (jtucci31)
7. (2/14/2016 - 2/20/2016) Dragon's Curse (seieienbu)
8. (2/21/2016 - 2/27/2016) Yo, Bro! (grolt)
9. (2/28/2016 - 3/5/2016) Formation Armed F (nopepper)
10. (3/6/2016 - 3/12/2016) Silent Debuggers (MNKyDeth)
11. (3/13/2016 - 3/19/2016) Super Star Soldier (o.pwuaioc)
More submissions welcome!

Rules:
-All members are allowed one submission. When there are no further submissions, we will have a reset and everyone will be able to submit another game.
-Each game may only be submitted once.
-If you wish to retract your submission, please do so at least two weeks before your game is due. Your next submission will go to the back of the cue.
-Please don't submit games that have a high language barrier or will take too long to complete (particularly RPGs).

Gentlegamer

This was a CD that I somehow couldn't burn properly from all the usual sources, so I picked up a copy on ebay a few months ago.

I haven't had a chance to play it much but I liked what I have played, I hope I can play it more this week.

This is my time to be a star!

seieienbu

When I was a kid I used to watch robotech all the time.  Later on I enjoyed Macross + and Macross Zero a good deal.  The rest of the series, not so much, but I digress.  I saw a preview of this from some year's CES and thought that it looked really cool and was sad that it never came out stateside.

I've still never played this game but I've always thought that it looked interesting.  I think I'm going to go ahead and buy all of the game of the weeks that I want to play but don't own so that I can participate during said weeks rather than just get them off of ebay/wherever and then wait a week for the game to show up in the mail too late to really join in on the fun.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

VenomMacbeth

As a huge Macross fan, I've been meaning to pick this one up.  The only Macross game I have is the one on the Famicom...and I call myself a fan -.-

Is this one better or worse than Scuramburu'd Varukyrie?

EDIT: I just realized I also have DYRL for the Saturn.  I always forget about that one for some reason.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 08:01:56 PM by VenomMacbeth »
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
I don't really know, since I need to try mine out for this GotW yet. But you could give SDF Macross on PS2 a shot, since it includes both the 1982 TV series as well as the 1984 movie as playable storylines. Made by Sega and has pretty intuitive controls which can't be said about all 3D Macross games.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

BigusSchmuck

A tad easy, but a fun game never the less. Good choice. :)

EmperorIng

I hope I don't spur anyone to buy Alice in Wonderdream / Fushigi no Yume no Alice on my behalf. Ootake is your friend.

I need to download an ISO and play this; need to see if it's worth picking up.  :lol:

johnnykonami

This is one of my favorites and most played shooters for the PCE, and I have always treasured both this game and Love Song alike.  I love the giant full screen bosses and classic Macross soundtrack.   Scrambled Valkyrie is an amazing game also, no need to compare the two - get both for sure.  And I second PS2 Macross by Sega AM2, it's one of the best Macross games ever made IMO.  I have them all in my personal library except for Scrambled Valkyrie, but I have borrowed that from a friend and played it extensively.  Want it, just never really bought many Super Nintendo/SFC titles and it's not a focus of mine.  But I should think about nabbing it soon!  These are the top 4 Macross games (on console, anyway) if you ask me.  I enjoy the arcade games also, especially Macross 2.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
I played Scrambled Valkyrie before on an emulator, until I bought it on cartridge last year. 1 month after I got the game I finally had time and the right mood to play it on my SNES. Just to find out I received a corrupt cartridge that played Ok but with scrambled graphics. D'oh. Talk about Scrambled Valkyries.

Whatever, sounds like I'll be in the need for an SD2SNES thing someday. I wish they'd finally support ALL mappers and the FX chip.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 07:15:11 PM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

TR0N

January 17 - January 23: Super Dimension Fortress Macross 2036

! No longer available

Damn that song ugg the japanese version is easier on the ears.
I should really sit down and play 2036 all the way through i have the game for a long time now.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Scillianaire

I really need to play this one! The only macross game i have ever played was macross 30 for the ps3!

esteban

I am looking in all my damn bins for this game. I pray to Bieber I didn't lose this game.
  |    | 

PunkicCyborg

Anyone have any tips on weapons to pick up for each level??
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

ParanoiaDragon

I still wonder if there's an English version floating around out there.  If no one remembers, this is one of the games that the secretary at TTI told me was basically finished, but had some glitches or something near the end of the game, & it just became unprofitable to release by that time, as the Turbo was on it's way down. :(

geise

I still wonder if there's an English version floating around out there.  If no one remembers, this is one of the games that the secretary at TTI told me was basically finished, but had some glitches or something near the end of the game, & it just became unprofitable to release by that time, as the Turbo was on it's way down. :(

I was always wondering this since all the mags had the release as August 93 and it was only two months away from that release date.  There's gotta be one floating around, but by now you'd think it would have gotten leaked.