Author Topic: Turbografx-16 & PC-Engine Reproduction Hucards & Cases Now for Sale!!!!  (Read 22184 times)

Sapicco

Re: Turbografx-16 & PC-Engine Reproduction Hucards Now for Sale!!!!
« Reply #300 on: September 22, 2016, 01:50:35 PM »
Just so you guys know, once the current stock of the mini cases these repro comes with runs out, we won't be able to get any more.
       That's a bummer. These cases are awesome. Well I guess its time to get 1941 for the Supergrafx.
PM SENT...
Excellent game. I toyed with the idea of ordering a 1941/Ghouls n Ghosts 2-in-1, but as I can only play it on retrofreak, I could just run the original ROMs instead.

Can the super grafx games be put on these repro cards and play in a regular tg16?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #301 on: September 23, 2016, 02:26:04 AM »
Can the super grafx games be put on these repro cards and play in a regular tg16?

No.

I hope you're kidding.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

StarDust4Ever

« Reply #302 on: September 23, 2016, 02:51:22 AM »

No.

I hope you're kidding.
But you can get Supergrafx repros for play in a Supergrafx! :dance:

You can also presumably play Supergrafx repros on the Retro Freak, but IMO buying physical repros to play in an emulator box when you can just simply backdoor load the ROM seems like something only a "collectard" would do. [-X
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 02:54:01 AM by StarDust4Ever »

Marto_Jo-ing

« Reply #303 on: September 23, 2016, 04:29:48 PM »
   Hey everyone, so I went to the Socal Retro Gaming Expo last month and I went with some Turbografx games to trade. I went to Pat The Nes Punk's booth and he had a Turbograx CD traveling case with Docking Station for $150. I showed him what I had to trade and in the mix was the Bonk 3 repro I recently auctioned off. When it opened up my bag and pulled out my box of TurboGrafx stuff first thing on top was Bonk 3 Repro. Pat immediately saw it said "oh you have Bonk 3". I replied "No it's a reproduction I purchase but I recently got a original Bonk 3 so I'm just looking to trade it away". Pat looked at it and thought it was pretty cool he was really impressed that it said it was a reproduction. I thought he kind of played dumb about it since he had it in his hands and then on the podcast said they were in PSP sized cases. They are smaller and better. Anyways Pat was a nice guy I traded him a sealed Sonic Spike(Mint) Cadash in case with manual (Mint) and Adams Family in case (Mint) and $45 for the Case and Docking station in great condition. Still has the protective film on label and has both latch buttons.

In my opinion these repos are worth every penny if it fits what your looking for. I have all HuCard games except Legend of Hero Tonma and Magical Chase so I purchased these from Turbokon. Plus with Sparky's end labels it just looked weird not having them in my collection. I'm 40 years old and I just like physical copies of things that I collect. In my opinion emulators ruin the fun of collecting. I enjoy the hunt and capture of games I've wanted. I'm never going to pay $4,000 for a game. So for the handful of games  I want that are outrageously priced these repos work great for me.
                                           Thanks Turbokon!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 04:54:37 PM by Marto_Jo-ing »

esteban

« Reply #304 on: September 23, 2016, 07:40:30 PM »
   Hey everyone, so I went to the Socal Retro Gaming Expo last month and I went with some Turbografx games to trade. I went to Pat The Nes Punk's booth and he had a Turbograx CD traveling case with Docking Station for $150. I showed him what I had to trade and in the mix was the Bonk 3 repro I recently auctioned off. When it opened up my bag and pulled out my box of TurboGrafx stuff first thing on top was Bonk 3 Repro. Pat immediately saw it said "oh you have Bonk 3". I replied "No it's a reproduction I purchase but I recently got a original Bonk 3 so I'm just looking to trade it away". Pat looked at it and thought it was pretty cool he was really impressed that it said it was a reproduction. I thought he kind of played dumb about it since he had it in his hands and then on the podcast said they were in PSP sized cases. They are smaller and better. Anyways Pat was a nice guy I traded him a sealed Sonic Spike(Mint) Cadash in case with manual (Mint) and Adams Family in case (Mint) and $45 for the Case and Docking station in great condition. Still has the protective film on label and has both latch buttons.

In my opinion these repos are worth every penny if it fits what your looking for. I have all HuCard games except Legend of Hero Tonma and Magical Chase so I purchased these from Turbokon. Plus with Sparky's end labels it just looked weird not having them in my collection. I'm 40 years old and I just like physical copies of things that I collect. In my opinion emulators ruin the fun of collecting. I enjoy the hunt and capture of games I've wanted. I'm never going to pay $4,000 for a game. So for the handful of games  I want that are outrageously priced these repos work great for me.
                                           Thanks Turbokon!

Thanks for sharing.

I think you will find that a lot of us actually like the idea of reproductions: what we despise is (1) when these items are sold for exorbitant prices and (2) when deceitful sellers are not forthright about an item and (3) when ignorant buyers are unaware of bootlegs and/or justify exorbitant pricing.

Obviously, the debate for honest sellers concerns what an acceptable profit margin is. This is complicated when the original purchase was at an inflated price, to begin with, and profit-seeking guides all subsequent transactions.
  |    | 

Sapicco

« Reply #305 on: September 24, 2016, 10:53:05 AM »

No.

I hope you're kidding.

The dude above me mentioned sfx games, and I'd figured I'd ask. Not about to sift thru 25 pages

Black Tiger

« Reply #306 on: September 24, 2016, 11:01:52 AM »

No.

I hope you're kidding.

The dude above me mentioned sfx games, and I'd figured I'd ask. Not about to sift thru 25 pages

The SuperGrafx has an extra video processor and ram. It's kinda like a 32X setup compared to normal Genesis. So you can't run SuperGrafx games on anything but SuperGrafx hardware.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Magister

« Reply #307 on: November 30, 2016, 01:21:07 PM »
Any chance of reproducing D&D: Order of the Griffin with the sound bug fixed?
This Space For Rent.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #308 on: November 30, 2016, 05:00:01 PM »

Punch

« Reply #309 on: November 30, 2016, 08:40:58 PM »

No.

I hope you're kidding.

Someone should have had made a EXT Supergrafx Adapter for the PCE a long time ago, even if there's only 5 games for it.

StarDust4Ever

« Reply #310 on: November 30, 2016, 08:45:05 PM »

No.

I hope you're kidding.

Someone should have had made a EXT Supergrafx Adapter for the PCE a long time ago, even if there's only 5 games for it.
I don't believe that's even possible.

Magister

« Reply #311 on: December 01, 2016, 02:40:21 PM »

?
This Space For Rent.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #312 on: December 01, 2016, 07:07:32 PM »

?

My apologies. My answer to your inquiry was your avatar gif. hehe

Magister

« Reply #313 on: December 02, 2016, 11:00:48 AM »
This Space For Rent.

Punch

« Reply #314 on: December 02, 2016, 12:42:00 PM »

No.

I hope you're kidding.

I don't believe that's even possible.

There are pins for direct contact with the data buses. I want to believe.