Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 24464 times)

HailingTheThings

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2016, 05:14:17 PM »
Confused. Totes though they said that every Vita game would be TV compatible. Hmm....

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2016, 07:05:47 PM »
Yeah, I was hoping Oddworld was compatible.  If they don't fix it, I suppose I'll eventually play it on my Vita, but that's a game I greatly prefer to play on a big screen.  As for Xeodrifter, I enjoyed it.  It's a Metroidvania, a little on the basic side, but fun. 

HailingTheThings

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2016, 07:20:29 PM »
If compatibility, or lack thereof, is a thing now, I'd say get it for ps4.

Enternal

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2016, 02:48:37 AM »
totally forgot about these guys, I probably would have picked up Saturday Morning RPG, but at least SÖLDNER X will be available soon. For those of you who don't have a PSTV, Walmart had these on Clearance for 19.97 and the Controller bundle ones for 29.97. Unfortunately you will have to check in store and it probably won't show up on brick seek. I picked up two a little while back and still saw them sitting in cases a 2 months ago when I checked. Most staff won't know what they are or what they look like. I only met one Walmart employee that knew what I was talking about when I mentioned Playstation TV.

Note that the box is small and will likely be in with the bottom of the Walmart glass case with the vitas or other sony hardware.

A example of one of the bundles

Medic_wheat

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2016, 03:23:28 AM »
totally forgot about these guys, I probably would have picked up Saturday Morning RPG, but at least SÖLDNER X will be available soon. For those of you who don't have a PSTV, Walmart had these on Clearance for 19.97 and the Controller bundle ones for 29.97. Unfortunately you will have to check in store and it probably won't show up on brick seek. I picked up two a little while back and still saw them sitting in cases a 2 months ago when I checked. Most staff won't know what they are or what they look like. I only met one Walmart employee that knew what I was talking about when I mentioned Playstation TV.

Note that the box is small and will likely be in with the bottom of the Walmart glass case with the vitas or other sony hardware.

A example of one of the bundles

Is there a way to search if any lovely (in your area) still have any?

Enternal

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2016, 04:50:10 AM »
Next time I go to walmart in a day or two I can see if they still have them here locally and can pick it up and charge you cost+shipping if you are interested. Though there are also a few on amazon for sub 30 shipped for the non bundle.

Looks like Brick Seek is working to search

Walmart Exclusive bundle with a Dual Shock 3 Sly and Lego Move Game (Game codes have expired)

Dueal Shock and Lego Movie Bundle (No Sly, Game codes have expired)

Playstation TV non bundle

Try both

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker

And here is the source thread http://slickdeals.net/f/8626478-playstation-tv-bundle-for-29-99-at-walmart-in-store-only?page=12#commentsBox

« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 05:05:42 AM by Enternal »

xelement5x

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2016, 05:44:03 AM »
Next time I go to walmart in a day or two I can see if they still have them here locally and can pick it up and charge you cost+shipping if you are interested. Though there are also a few on amazon for sub 30 shipped for the non bundle.

Looks like Brick Seek is working to search

Walmart Exclusive bundle with a Dual Shock 3 Sly and Lego Move Game (Game codes have expired)

Dueal Shock and Lego Movie Bundle (No Sly, Game codes have expired)

Playstation TV non bundle

Try both

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker

And here is the source thread http://slickdeals.net/f/8626478-playstation-tv-bundle-for-29-99-at-walmart-in-store-only?page=12#commentsBox

Thanks for the info.  I'd heard they were on sale a bit ago and thought about picking up another, but yeah they are all gone from my area. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2016, 05:55:12 AM »
All gone at Walmart here too.  I checked last week, hoping I could score a cheap one to use to play PSP ISOs, keeping my current one for legitimate games.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

glazball

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2016, 07:56:20 AM »
y'know, f*ck these guys.
artificial scarcity- so many of these are specifically bought by resellers.
even 2/3 of the local shops around me all bought new copies of their games specifically to mark up by $30.

I would have liked to get oddworld, but nah. f*ck it.

Now hold up.  How about f*ck your local shops that flip for a markup?  The Limited Run guys are doing nothing wrong and in fact, like Necro mentioned, they've made it harder for flippers to buy up multiple copies.  I personally think what they're doing is f*cking awesome.  If you don't want to support them, then just don't buy the physical release.

To answer another member's question - yes, I do play the games I've bought (currently working on Oddworld).  In fact, had they not physically released them, I most likely wouldn't have played them because I boycott DLC.  I hope Limited Run keeps em coming!
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Gypsy

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2016, 08:06:58 AM »
Yeah LRG has been limiting people to one copy (had been 2 but lately it has been one copy per platform). Of course stores are going to buy copies to mark up. That's part of how LRG is selling out games so quickly.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 08:09:59 AM by Gypsy »

bartre

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2016, 08:22:24 AM »
Now hold up.  How about f*ck your local shops that flip for a markup?  The Limited Run guys are doing nothing wrong and in fact, like Necro mentioned, they've made it harder for flippers to buy up multiple copies.  I personally think what they're doing is f*cking awesome.  If you don't want to support them, then just don't buy the physical release.

Oh f*ck them indeed.
I don't think i've bought from them in a year or so.
besides, they're comparatively priced with gamestop, lol

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2016, 08:27:16 AM »
I can't pat LRG too hard on the back, seeing as they're intentionally limiting production numbers to feed the collectard mindset.  I understand not wanting a warehouse full of unsold stock, but surely there's a middle ground between that and selling out within minutes, but they're worried that most current buyers won't buy at all if the production numbers were less constricted.

Gypsy

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2016, 08:29:53 AM »

Oh f*ck them indeed.
I don't think i've bought from them in a year or so.
besides, they're comparatively priced with gamestop, lol

Generally terrible, but I was able to take advantage of a store that did that by getting complete PSP games for dirt cheap. Gamecube as well previously but Gamestop recently raised their Gamecube prices (due to their retro nonsense).

I can't pat LRG too hard on the back, seeing as they're intentionally limiting production numbers to feed the collectard mindset.  I understand not wanting a warehouse full of unsold stock, but surely there's a middle ground between that and selling out within minutes, but they're worried that most current buyers won't buy at all if the production numbers were less constricted.

They definitely know what they are doing. Like you are saying, resellers and gotta catch em alls are a big part of how they sell out. It does bother me that despite the fact that I really do want Soldner, I may not be able to get it because they are making 3200 total copies.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 08:33:42 AM by Gypsy »

Medic_wheat

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2016, 09:24:22 AM »

I thought they took the whole limited angle due to cost from Sony to makes the physical games that are up front. Along with the cost of obtaining the rights to distribute the game from who ever owns the IP rights for these Indy games.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2016, 10:16:10 AM »
I thought they took the whole limited angle due to cost from Sony to makes the physical games that are up front.  Along with the cost of obtaining the rights to distribute the game from who ever owns the IP rights for these Indy games.

I'm sure that was an issue to start, but they had to have made enough profits off the first release or two to pay for larger print runs now.