Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25377 times)

Gypsy

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2016, 04:52:48 AM »
I managed to get one, but I wish I'd bought two to sell the extra to one of you guys.  At no more than 100% markup.  :twisted:

It sucks that their order system f*cked up yet again (but it's never their fault, of course), and I don't get why they allow people to buy more than one; you'd think they'd get their shit together, but it seems unlikely to ever happen when nothing's changed after 9 months and 14 games.  I honestly don't think they give a f*ck - all they care about is being able to recoup their money quickly and brag to potential clients that they sold 3200 copies in minutes.

Did you see their garbage recent post about it on Neogaf? Hell I'll just post it here for everyone anyway.

Quote from: LRG
"OK, there are clearly some misunderstandings here. The huge chunk of inventory that disappeared before the add to cart button went live was not a glitch nor anyone buying the games early. It was me adjusting the supply down for the first batch! I usually do this at 8AM prior to a sale but I went Pokemon GO hunting and ended up doing it later (around 9:50, I believe).

Only two orders came in before 10AM. They were from the same guy and both were for the Franchise Bundle. They were swiftly canceled and the guy was then banned. We couldn't list the bundle until the inventory was freed up through the cancelation and the guy banned (because he would have come back).

The simple fact is that 12,000 unique customers showed up on Friday - up from about 6,000 on July 4th. 12,000! We did not expect this. Söldner-X 2 went in to manufacturing back in June when Octodad took nearly 3 days to sell out (and about 15 hours to sell 3K copies on Vita at two per customer). There was nothing that suggested the game would be this popular. Many have said "It was a SHMUP, you should have known!" - I can't just wildly assume we should print 5K of every SHMUP in the same way I can't assume 5K for every RPG would be right.

We have to make sure our releases sell out quickly because the money is immediately invested back into the next game. I'm literally wiring the money from Friday to Sony tomorrow morning for our September releases. If games start piling up and don't sell, we're finished - plain and simple. We can't just recklessly increase runs or overprint games. Clearly what happened with Söldner-X was specific to it because Deadline still lasted two days.

We're definitely reevaluating certain print runs right now but know we can't fix the sizes of runs already in production (notably, Rainbow Moon).

Finally, RE: Shopify. It's not the cheapest solution, it's the best. No other eCommerce solution serves what we are doing better. In fact, the other solutions we tried prior to choosing Shopify were trash with absolutely terrible inventory management. MONDO has been doing limited run merch way longer than we have - I'd consider them the leader in this sector. They use Shopify too. Most stores use it (vBlank, Indiebox, Fangamer - they all use it). It has a lot of quirks and issues, but nothing beats it. We are going to be doing a lot of work on the site in the coming weeks and will likely invest money im hiring a professional to do that work. I doubt we can improve the checkout situation much, but we can certainly close loopholes and tighten things up.

Thank you to everyone who is sticking with us through these growing pains. Sorry to anyone who missed out! Know that there was no funny business here - the cart loophole was not widely known. Söldner-X 2 sold out legitimately, lightning fast. "

Comparing Soldner to Octodad. LOL.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2016, 05:49:09 AM »
They might have want to take a poll when they feel a game might have large demand.

Granted it's hard to know what wil be in higher demand at times. Personally I never heard of the game as I don't mess with digital on stuff all to offen. However Soldner and Odd world seem like the only two games released to date that were a step above shovel ware.

Or maybe it is because these are the two I found interest and I am just bias.

BlueBMW

« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2016, 07:23:22 AM »
If they are so worried about having the money and not over producing games why not just switch it over to a pre-order only system.  Then just produce as many as are ordered and paid for.  Oh wait but then they wouldn't be as zomg limited run rare and the collectors/flippers wouldn't buy them.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Gypsy

« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2016, 07:31:43 AM »
If they are so worried about having the money and not over producing games why not just switch it over to a pre-order only system.  Then just produce as many as are ordered and paid for.  Oh wait but then they wouldn't be as zomg limited run rare and the collectors/flippers wouldn't buy them.

f*cking nailed it.  :clap:

They just posted some stuff about a potential $30 membership for early access to buying games.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2016, 07:59:47 AM »

f*cking nailed it.  :clap:

They just posted some stuff about a potential $30 membership for early access to buying games.

A membership? 

Lame. If I am paying into a membership it would have to

1). Have a guarantee of availability for all products for at least one per member

2) provide an annual schedule and notification of what games are planed for the year (to allow a member determine if the games are worth the additional fee)

3) maybe offer some sort of member only discounts or something. Like an annual blow out sale for members or something for all remaining stock.

Flare65

« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2016, 12:19:07 PM »
Here is the response they emailed me today:

We are sorry you ran into issues ordering from our store.

We have reviewed everything that happened and have to come to the conclusion that we just couldn't meet demand. The demand from our last run had literally doubled for this run. Due to the long production times we were unable to adjust the quantity of copies that were for sale on this run or for our next run in August. Sales will be limited to 1 per customer for Rainbow Moon. Going forward we will try to print enough copies to meet demand for 2 per customer. Unfortunately for Soldner-X 2 we will not being doing a reprint as it is against our policy and contract with the developer.

Thank you for your support and sorry for any inconvenience.

In other words, you're outta luck chump.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2016, 06:20:15 PM »
Apparently they're gonna save any extra copies of Soldner for Black Friday, aside from the copies that will be sold to the very loud LRG forum regulars. Just a heads up.

Flare65

« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2016, 02:20:14 AM »
Apparently they're gonna save any extra copies of Soldner for Black Friday, aside from the copies that will be sold to the very loud LRG forum regulars. Just a heads up.

Got a link to where they said that?  It won't hurt to try asking them again, but I gotta know for sure they said it before I email them again.  I really don't want to buy this game digitally.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2016, 02:40:51 AM »
Their response doesn't make sense.  I'm sure they did have greater demand for Soldner than they had for Octodad, but what the f*ck does that have to do with people seeing it's available and adding it to their cart only to find it's sold out when they try to check out, then when they went back to the item page it was still "in stock".  They can argue all they want that the storefront is great, but it obviously is a broken piece of shit.

Again, they don't care.  The only thing that matters is "3200 copies sold in minutes!!!"
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

HailingTheThings

« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2016, 10:43:48 AM »

Got a link to where they said that?  It won't hurt to try asking them again, but I gotta know for sure they said it before I email them again.  I really don't want to buy this game digitally.

I can't remember where it was exactly, but I think it was somewhere in this thread:

http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=509

Terribly sorry in advance if it isn't. Everything on their forums blend together as one big diarrhea milkshake. :(

Gypsy

« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2016, 01:09:21 PM »
Terribly sorry in advance if it isn't. Everything on their forums blend together as one big diarrhea milkshake. :(

I've seen worse but yeah that's a really unpleasant look.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2016, 05:29:56 PM »

I've seen worse but yeah that's a really unpleasant look.

Oh wow. lol Reading light colored text again dark backdrop messes with my eyes after a little bit. Ahh.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2016, 08:00:45 PM »
Has anyone here that actually nabbed Soldner-X 2 gotten a shipping notice yet?  I can't recall how long it usually takes them to start shipping stuffs.

HailingTheThings

« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2016, 09:54:42 PM »
Has anyone here that actually nabbed Soldner-X 2 gotten a shipping notice yet?  I can't recall how long it usually takes them to start shipping stuffs.

No, not yet. If you look on this page:
https://limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-13-soldner-x-2-final-prototype-vita?variant=21440343683

Says it may take up to 2 weeks.

EvilEvoIX

« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2016, 01:52:18 AM »
I'm going to get me Oddworld, I love those games.

Quote from: ProfessorProfessorson
I already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so f*ck him, and his cunt wife.