Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25412 times)

johnnykonami

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2016, 12:23:47 PM »
Afterburner Climax was the shit!

Yeah, I was super pumped to play it when it was Arcade only, finally picked it up on X360 a buncha years ago.  They also had this really cool looking Hokuto no Ken fighting game on the same arcade hardware if I recall correctly, never did get the chance to play it.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #151 on: September 24, 2016, 04:59:58 AM »

Groover

« Reply #152 on: September 24, 2016, 06:54:36 AM »
Nice video. I watched it this morning. I tried to buy Soldner X but it sold out too quickly. That is also nuts to learn that if a game didn't seel out in hours people would start messaging about refunding the purchase. I like that they are making physical releases of digital games. I understand the limited nature in that they are a small comapny and can only extend themselves so far. I just wish they didn't sell out in hours and had a bigger run. I mean they could limit it for sale this month only or week. It is just frustrating when you stalk a webpage for weeks and then when it happens miss out by one hour. I think they are a little too limited considering all the talk about the importance of physical releases you think they would release more. I do like that they are looking at expanding this. Also the developers can do another run if they wish no one is stopping them.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #153 on: September 24, 2016, 08:31:21 AM »
Nice video. I watched it this morning. I tried to buy Soldner X but it sold out too quickly. That is also nuts to learn that if a game didn't seel out in hours people would start messaging about refunding the purchase. I like that they are making physical releases of digital games. I understand the limited nature in that they are a small comapny and can only extend themselves so far. I just wish they didn't sell out in hours and had a bigger run. I mean they could limit it for sale this month only or week. It is just frustrating when you stalk a webpage for weeks and then when it happens miss out by one hour. I think they are a little too limited considering all the talk about the importance of physical releases you think they would release more. I do like that they are looking at expanding this. Also the developers can do another run if they wish no one is stopping them.

That is an interesting point. The developers could take the success or possible failure of their game selling as a que to release their game themselves.

I'd like to see some of the Indy games get bundled. I have a feeling some of hear smaller games could be grouped. More bang for your printing/releasing buck.

Like top three from developer blank

Or a Tim Shafer HD collection.  Something. 

GohanX

« Reply #154 on: September 24, 2016, 04:42:05 PM »
Afterburner Climax was the shit!

Yeah, I was super pumped to play it when it was Arcade only, finally picked it up on X360 a buncha years ago.  They also had this really cool looking Hokuto no Ken fighting game on the same arcade hardware if I recall correctly, never did get the chance to play it.

Hokuto No Ken actually runs on Atomiswave, and has a Japanese ps2 port. It's also awesome, I have a bootleg cart.

BlueBMW

« Reply #156 on: October 12, 2016, 07:29:43 AM »
Hahaha.  The comment by the guy who's like "we buy limited run games because they're LIMITED"  My exact problem with Limited Run Games. 
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #157 on: October 12, 2016, 08:03:26 AM »
They've said all along that it's only their specific release that's limited.  The developer retains all rights to their game, so there's nothing stopping them from making more without LRG's involvement.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Gypsy

« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2016, 02:15:47 AM »
Yeah, pleased about this of course.

Since comments were mentioned, I strolled down to the comment section. Damn it.  #-o

Punch

« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2016, 04:57:56 AM »
f*cking OWNED.
Love some collectard schadenfreude.

bartre

« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2016, 10:21:57 PM »
Needless to say, I'm ecstatic.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #161 on: October 14, 2016, 05:19:14 AM »

So they have their first PC game as well up. Or it's been up. I think pre-orders end on the 26th.

I don't know much about the game and am still digging up information to have a more informed opinion. However I pulled the trigger based more on it being in tone to Snatcher then anything else.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #162 on: October 24, 2016, 06:14:36 AM »

Here is another game that's on my radar.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #163 on: October 24, 2016, 06:30:22 AM »
Will this one also be incompatible with PSTV and you'll never hear anything about it from LRG because they're le dumb?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

bartre

« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2016, 06:33:21 AM »

good to know that people still haven't figured out how to save a picture. or crop.

:D