Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25349 times)

schweaty

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #345 on: April 24, 2017, 02:08:01 AM »
Is it confirmed that the vita version of dariusburst works on pstv?  I'm much more likely to go that route

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It does, that's how I played it.

^_^
Thanks!  Was going to pass, now looking into my first play-asia order ever.  Hope this doesn't suck

schweaty

« Reply #346 on: April 24, 2017, 02:17:01 AM »
And I'm out again.  The ps tv version is more expensive than the ps4 version with LESS features.  This is retarded

Gypsy

« Reply #347 on: April 24, 2017, 02:18:50 AM »
Even though you didn't order, I will say ordering on PA is very easy (but you generally pay for it with higher prices). And yeah they jacked up the price of the Vita version. It's cheaper on Amazon Japan, much cheaper.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #348 on: April 24, 2017, 05:15:09 AM »
And I'm out again.  The ps tv version is more expensive than the ps4 version with LESS features.  This is retarded

I plan on attempting for the limited run vita game. I think the only feature missing between the vita and PS4 is local co op.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #349 on: April 25, 2017, 03:31:47 PM »
Well everyone is talking about it. Retweeting it and reporting on it.

Night Trap is getting a 25 year anniversary limits drun PS4 physical release.

Remastered video transfer from a VHS copy of the video

A special bonus documentary by the YouTube channel My Life in Gaming (apparently through happenstance of living five minutes away from the guy who is doing the PS4 port.

Mike Matale, Game Sack, Destructroid and a who's who and video game media/news/personalities are buzzing about it.

http://www.screamingvillains.com

You can even download the night trap song for free of the official website. I can't on my phone other then play it off the web page.

I must say I am both surprised and interested. I thought my 32X copy would be the best however this new port has me ready to throw money at the screen.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any plans for a pre order to meet demand so what ever print run there is will be a blood bath. With this much media attention it will be hard to get a copy.

With that said this is still a pleasant announcement.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #350 on: April 25, 2017, 06:51:30 PM »
WTH?  Wierd! As for which version is best, isn't the 3DO one the best version, or is that just an assumption on my part?

Joe Redifer

« Reply #351 on: April 25, 2017, 09:13:16 PM »
Is it really a VHS transfer? Looks a lot better than that to me from the video I have. There is some tape damage here and there but I think it's from maybe Betacam SP or regular-ass Betacam.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #352 on: April 26, 2017, 02:14:12 AM »
Three packaging variants = greedy f*ckers.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

glazball

« Reply #353 on: April 26, 2017, 07:40:29 AM »
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any plans for a pre order to meet demand so what ever print run there is will be a blood bath. With this much media attention it will be hard to get a copy.

With that said this is still a pleasant announcement.

This is surprising to read.  Why all the excitement?  I really don't understand.  Night Trap is already PHYSICALLY AVAILABLE.  This stinks of nothing but a cash grab.

I thought the whole point of LRG's philosophy is to make physical games for those great but lower-budget titles that would not have ordinarily gotten a physical release.  Now, they are talking about a game that's been out for years, on 2 platforms no less, and on top of that everyone is thrilled?  I really don't understand!

I've been supporting LRG since the very beginning, but I don't know how much longer I or my wallet can continue if they are just going to rehash games that you can already find and play.  They should stick to new titles.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 07:43:58 AM by glazball »
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #354 on: April 26, 2017, 08:08:50 AM »
It's not the original game running in an emulator on the PS4.  It's a remake of sorts, not unlike the Oddworld games.

glazball

« Reply #355 on: April 26, 2017, 09:54:09 AM »
What is there to remake except higher quality video?  I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm honestly curious.

In any case, it's just such a weird, weird choice.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #356 on: April 26, 2017, 10:13:00 AM »
I assume that's it, just better quality video and a high-res HUD.  But that is a different game, more so than doing both PS4 and Vita versions of other games anyway.

I think they'll do just about anything if the devs are willing; there's enough collectards out there to buy up 2000 copies, even if the game is questionable.  I don't think this one is that bad of an idea, though, as there's a lot of nostalgia for such "classic" games and lots of peeps only do game on new hardware.  I won't be buying it, but it's a damned sight better than Breach and Clear or Esther.

Gypsy

« Reply #357 on: April 26, 2017, 10:19:42 AM »
I assume that's it, just better quality video and a high-res HUD.  But that is a different game, more so than doing both PS4 and Vita versions of other games anyway.

I think they'll do just about anything if the devs are willing; there's enough collectards out there to buy up 2000 copies, even if the game is questionable.  I don't think this one is that bad of an idea, though, as there's a lot of nostalgia for such "classic" games and lots of peeps only do game on new hardware.  I won't be buying it, but it's a damned sight better than Breach and Clear or Esther.

Damn fine post and very choice inclusion of Dear Esturd.  :clap:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #358 on: April 26, 2017, 10:33:11 AM »
I had heard that Limited Run Games was surprised by the reaction to Night Trap and will likely increase their order with Sony for the print run. The 32X version I guess is only for followers of their loyalty program or some such thing. Personally I always preferred the original artwork that looks like a 60's B movie. The redone stuff with Dana Plato on the cover always looked bad. It uses the worst picture of her possible and it's just not composed very well.

xelement5x

« Reply #359 on: April 26, 2017, 11:36:58 AM »
I had heard that Limited Run Games was surprised by the reaction to Night Trap and will likely increase their order with Sony for the print run. The 32X version I guess is only for followers of their loyalty program or some such thing. Personally I always preferred the original artwork that looks like a 60's B movie. The redone stuff with Dana Plato on the cover always looked bad. It uses the worst picture of her possible and it's just not composed very well.

I agree, I'm hoping they do one based off the red cardboard box as well.  I said on another forum, they should even include the MA-13 stamp on the front since the VRC is no longer around.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story