Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25431 times)

Medic_wheat

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #360 on: April 26, 2017, 11:52:40 AM »
I had heard that Limited Run Games was surprised by the reaction to Night Trap and will likely increase their order with Sony for the print run. The 32X version I guess is only for followers of their loyalty program or some such thing. Personally I always preferred the original artwork that looks like a 60's B movie. The redone stuff with Dana Plato on the cover always looked bad. It uses the worst picture of her possible and it's just not composed very well.

I agree, I'm hoping they do one based off the red cardboard box as well.  I said on another forum, they should even include the MA-13 stamp on the front since the VRC is no longer around.

They have shown two of the three cover variants planed to mirror the three sega cd covers. So a red cover variant is probabaly the third I shown version.

Groover

« Reply #361 on: April 26, 2017, 03:09:36 PM »
I really hope Limited Run games ups their order on Night Trap as the worst and most frustrating thing about Limited Run Games is trying to buy the game.

Also I'm a little off put buy selling cover variants. That seems like a scumbag move to sucker collectors and cause people to buy more than one copy. If your going to make a variant cover just make it reversible. These games are limited as it is. Now they split the inventory into three.

Here is the third option. They couldn't get the original as some Collector owns the original painting that was used to print from. I will pick this third option. I hope I can get to buy it before it sells out.

I found out the cover will be reversible so there is the reversible cover and the 32X version is exclusive to a private group of people.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 03:47:10 PM by Groover »

Groover

« Reply #362 on: April 26, 2017, 03:21:08 PM »
double post
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 03:46:50 PM by Groover »

schweaty

« Reply #363 on: April 26, 2017, 05:15:01 PM »
Why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

bartre

« Reply #364 on: April 26, 2017, 05:21:23 PM »
the art groover posted has been the only good one I've seen.
the blue and yellow stripes on the side are just obnoxious on the PS4 box

crazydean

« Reply #365 on: April 26, 2017, 10:42:53 PM »
Why?

I concur. I find it hard to believe that people buying the PS4 version don't already have the game on another platform.

Maybe I'm just jaded since I think Night Trap is a lame game, and if it weren't for its historical significance with the ESRB, it would have simply faded into obscurity. There were other games at the time, or earlier, that could have been the forefront of the ratings movement. This one just happened to make it into the limelight.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

glazball

« Reply #366 on: April 27, 2017, 03:50:41 AM »

Also I'm a little off put buy selling cover variants. That seems like a scumbag move to sucker collectors and cause people to buy more than one copy. If your going to make a variant cover just make it reversible. These games are limited as it is. Now they split the inventory into three.

It is kind of a dick move, but I think it's even more ridiculous that some people need to collect every variant.  OK, if we're talking about Atari 2600 carts, there's some historical interest in label variations.  But for a new title, it's just stupid.  (I should put "new" in quotes.  How about "newly released")
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Punch

« Reply #367 on: April 27, 2017, 06:41:18 AM »
Why?

I concur. I find it hard to believe that people buying the PS4 version don't already have the game on another platform.

Maybe I'm just jaded since I think Night Trap is a lame game, and if it weren't for its historical significance with the ESRB, it would have simply faded into obscurity. There were other games at the time, or earlier, that could have been the forefront of the ratings movement. This one just happened to make it into the limelight.

NEC should have been thankful they weren't successuful in the us, they were more lax and had a lot of worse stuff, like an investigation game which has a rape case in all bold letters, a game where people are ejected into outer space with severed bloody limbs and bitchslapping for questioning a man, a game where you're a muslim from a town named "ASSASSI" who kills crusaders and smokes weed all day erryday... the list goes on. :lol:

E: the cover art variants suck aside from the one posted here, which is very charming but I wish they had access to the original painting. Having three variants (two of them butt ugly) is stupid and greedy, and the top left circle being cutoff by the orange frame triggers me immensely, so f*ck Limited Run Games.

E2: Poor Dana Plato, imagine being immortalized forever for being in a Digital Pictures FMV game instead of everything else she did on her short lived career.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 06:53:24 AM by Punch »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #368 on: April 27, 2017, 07:18:12 AM »
NEC should have been thankful they weren't successuful in the us, they were more lax and had a lot of worse stuff, like an investigation game which has a rape case in all bold letters, a game where people are ejected into outer space with severed bloody limbs and bitchslapping for questioning a man, a game where you're a muslim from a town named "ASSASSI" who kills crusaders and smokes weed all day erryday... the list goes on. :lol:

Sorry, this happens to be my hobby.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Groover

« Reply #369 on: April 27, 2017, 07:33:32 AM »
For me Night Trap was the first game I bought for my Sega CD after playing the pack in games. I owned this game before the US senate freaked out about it and I found the whole debacle hilarious since the game is very tame.

Night Trap is pretty lame as a game and very campy as a B movie.
You beat the game by having a notepad next to you logging all the beeps and the time and location of each trap. After a few playthroughs you have a working log of where to go and when and that is kind of boring.

As for going back and playing the Sega CD while the first version is not the best in terms of video quality. The 32X CD version improved on both scale  and  colors. The 3DO version has the best video quality. The PC and Mac versions is about the 32X video quality. This new version will have the best video quality as the game was originally going to be on a VHS JVC console I think.

FMV games where new to console and while new was exciting the interest dropped very quickly and for good reason.

If you look at my Sega CD games I had you can see why the Sega CD was not a huge success.

Sonic CD was my favorite at the time.

xelement5x

« Reply #370 on: April 27, 2017, 08:09:19 AM »
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

esteban

« Reply #371 on: April 27, 2017, 08:57:47 AM »
NIGHT TRAP = lame. The scenes simply can't compare to the scenes from ICFTD.

I've wished that someone would find footage for It Came From the Desert TG-CD and preserve it.

For great justice.
  |    | 

Punch

« Reply #372 on: April 27, 2017, 09:25:09 AM »
NIGHT TRAP = lame. The scenes simply can't compare to the scenes from ICFTD.

I've wished that someone would find footage for It Came From the Desert TG-CD and preserve it.

For great justice.

There must be a film reel somewhere, or at least a timecoded video tape. It came from the Desert remaster NAO! (with non shit minigames... or all the game sans fmv replaced with the Amiga version, please)

Joe Redifer

« Reply #373 on: April 27, 2017, 11:05:34 AM »
Night Trap is better than It Came From the Desert. But they both suck in that super-cheesy way that makes them great. I bet if Limited Run Games were releasing a 25th anniversary remaster of John Madden Duo CD Football you guys would be more stoked. :P

esteban

« Reply #374 on: April 27, 2017, 04:59:07 PM »
Night Trap is better than It Came From the Desert. But they both suck in that super-cheesy way that makes them great. I bet if Limited Run Games were releasing a 25th anniversary remaster of John Madden Duo CD Football you guys would be more stoked. :P

Hahahahhaha.

I don't think I'm ever going to get John Madden, unless there is a story arc with scenes starring the game's namesake.

:)
  |    |