Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25444 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #465 on: July 10, 2017, 07:07:25 PM »
Same here, says July 3rd Shipment information received by UPS Mail Innovations.........

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #466 on: July 11, 2017, 02:38:25 AM »
And if (when) business drops off, they'll claim people just don't care about physical games any more.  Sure, buddy, I'm sure slow shipping, catering to collectards and flippers, shit customer service, etc. has nothing to do with it.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Gypsy

« Reply #467 on: July 11, 2017, 03:04:42 AM »
And if (when) business drops off, they'll claim people just don't care about physical games any more.  Sure, buddy, I'm sure slow shipping, catering to collectards and flippers, shit customer service, etc. has nothing to do with it.

They keep saying the quality will improve and the amount of games coming out will decrease too. Probably due to all the competition that has sprouted up. People only have so much money for random indies on physical disc/cart after all. I get that they went nuts and took on, quite frankly, way too many contracts and have to get those games out. However it would be kind of sad if people got burned out while they had better games on tap. I don't think it's a huge risk, just something I was thinking about.

Also, I'm not digging the change to UPS mail innovations. I dislike waiting 8+ days to receive things though...... This is going off of PD's post. I haven't ordered anything from LRG in awhile.

crazydean

« Reply #468 on: July 11, 2017, 03:19:22 AM »
So if the shipping has already been paid by LRG, what do they have to benefit by not sending it out? Is the game not printed and packed yet?
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #469 on: July 11, 2017, 03:27:46 AM »
Supposedly everything is packaged and ready to go, other than the trading cards they're waiting on from the printers and sealing the box/envelope.

Honestly, the wait wouldn't bother me so much if they'd been up front about it or at least bothered to explain the situation after the fact.  The only reason I know anything about it is forum chatter; there's no official announcement on LRG's website (front page, news section, the game's page, or in their forums), nor have they sent out explanation emails.

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #470 on: July 11, 2017, 12:22:43 PM »
Anyone get their Vita Dariusburst yet?  My tracking's been stuck at "ready for pickup" since 6/29.

I see on twitter some bullshit about them holding orders for some trading card crap (instead of the usual postcard/sticker crap).  I assume that's the hold up, but it sure would've been nice if they'd bothered to tell their paying customers what's going on instead of fake "your item has shipped" e-mails.

i feel you on that. i ordered furi over 2 weeks ago and i haven't been notified anything just a shipping number without any updates. I know its only 2 guys who works at LRG but it would be nice if they can at least notify you of any shipping delays!

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #471 on: July 11, 2017, 07:31:20 PM »
Ah, mine finally shipped!

schweaty

« Reply #472 on: July 14, 2017, 03:09:03 AM »
Well, Jotun lasted all of 3 mins this morning.  I guess LRG is still going strong... for now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #473 on: July 14, 2017, 03:39:57 AM »
And it's just a pre-order.  They don't even have the games and won't ship for a month or more.

So much for "Pre-orders don't work!  We have to have 'em in hand before we sell!!!"

xelement5x

« Reply #474 on: July 14, 2017, 04:36:28 AM »
Yeah, I actually wanted Jotun too but wasn't worried about getting into work late since other stuff has been selling out slower recently.  Will try for the PM batch.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

schweaty

« Reply #475 on: July 14, 2017, 11:50:03 AM »
And it's just a pre-order.  They don't even have the games and won't ship for a month or more.

So much for "Pre-orders don't work!  We have to have 'em in hand before we sell!!!"
Yeah... I can see why this is frustrating from the consumer side.  Their perspective is probably: "without the artificial supply constraint there would be less demand if it wasn't truly "limited" and open-ended via pre-order."  I'm assuming that since they have done pre-orders in the past, they have the metrics to support that way if doing business.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

xelement5x

« Reply #476 on: July 15, 2017, 04:12:36 AM »
I think the may have been trying to match the sale up with the timing of the fact that Jotun is free on Steam and GOG right now to make it sell out faster.  Who knows, a couple of weeks isn't that bad.  It's not like the Skullgirls LE or somthing that is now like 4 months late I think?
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #477 on: July 17, 2017, 04:34:40 AM »
Dariusburst came in Saturday's mail.  Thanks to UPS Garbage Innovations, the trading card and sticker were all bent up (good thing I waited for 'em!) but the game itself is fine.

And thanks to Gypsy, my complaints have been summarily dismissed.  I'm just a troll, and everything negative is beyond LRG's control.

1.  It's not their fault that they're selling Jotun now but won't ship for a month or more, so it's unfair/inaccurate to label it as a pre-order.*
  2.  It's not their fault that they changed to shittier and slower postal services to save a few bucks yet still charge the same amount for shipping.
  3.  It's not their fault they sold games knowing full well that they'd not ship any time soon but failed to mention it in the games' listings.
  4.  It's not their fault that they sent out misleading emails saying the games shipped when they actually hadn't.
  5.  It's not their fault that they couldn't be bothered to send out emails or post an official explanation on their website or forum regarding the delay.

Just shut up and send them money.  :lol:

* - Since when is pre-order a bad word?  If you don't want to pay and wait, don't buy; I'd not have complained about Darius had they been similarly up front about the situation.

Gypsy

« Reply #478 on: July 17, 2017, 04:50:37 AM »
I told them on twitter I'm not going to order from them until they switch off this garbage service. I'd even gladly pay $6 for priority shipping. I don't know why companies use mail innovations, but some big eBay sellers use it too. It must be MARGINALLY CHEAPER than first class if I had to guess. Gotta save 10 cents a package or something like that.

I see you read gaijinworks, lulz. I didn't use your username, definitely bitch at them directly. You didn't even mention the part where someone, without knowing you, called you a spoiled shithead. That was nice...

Quite frankly I think the blind defending is ridiculous. They are a business offering a product, and should be held to proper standards.

Edit: Oh and despite huge delays, they vehemently want to avoid using the term pre-order for some reason. Must be a marketing thing.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 04:52:16 AM by Gypsy »

Johnpv

« Reply #479 on: July 19, 2017, 12:58:22 AM »
I don't understand why they aren't doing pre-orders and basing how many they order on that.  Leave pre-orders open for a week or two weeks, say ok we got 1537 pre-orders lets order 2000 copies.

It seems to me like they would make more money that way too, but these guys really do have a hard on for OMG IT SOLD OUT IN SECONDS!!!!! it seems.

I had no problem pre-ordering the PS4 physical release of Hyper Light Drifter from Iam8Bit, but seemingly something like that is too difficult for LRG and will put them out of business.