Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25432 times)

Medic_wheat

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #480 on: July 19, 2017, 01:06:53 AM »
NOTICE.

Undertake for PS4/VITA/PC pre orders are now up at Fangamer.

Gypsy

« Reply #481 on: July 19, 2017, 02:28:22 AM »
I don't understand why they aren't doing pre-orders and basing how many they order on that.  Leave pre-orders open for a week or two weeks, say ok we got 1537 pre-orders lets order 2000 copies.

It seems to me like they would make more money that way too, but these guys really do have a hard on for OMG IT SOLD OUT IN SECONDS!!!!! it seems.

I had no problem pre-ordering the PS4 physical release of Hyper Light Drifter from Iam8Bit, but seemingly something like that is too difficult for LRG and will put them out of business.

It's probably part of their sales pitch.

schweaty

« Reply #482 on: July 19, 2017, 03:14:00 AM »
I don't understand why they aren't doing pre-orders and basing how many they order on that.  Leave pre-orders open for a week or two weeks, say ok we got 1537 pre-orders lets order 2000 copies.

It seems to me like they would make more money that way too, but these guys really do have a hard on for OMG IT SOLD OUT IN SECONDS!!!!! it seems.

I had no problem pre-ordering the PS4 physical release of Hyper Light Drifter from Iam8Bit, but seemingly something like that is too difficult for LRG and will put them out of business.
It has nothing to do with difficulty.  Their business model is to inflate demand by capping supply. They think (and they are probably correct) people will buy less if they think there is an open ended supply (like a pre-order).  Even if there is only a small window for pre-order, it could reduce the demand.  They are preying on the collectards and it's working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

bartre

« Reply #483 on: July 19, 2017, 04:22:30 AM »
I had no problem pre-ordering the PS4 physical release of Hyper Light Drifter from Iam8Bit

ordering from Iam8Bit is easy, but f*ck their customer service.
I had like 3 issues when I ordered Rez infinite from them and I probably sent them 30 emails with like 3 responses.

MotherGunner

« Reply #484 on: July 24, 2017, 11:08:28 AM »
I'm definitely going for that Wonderboy (Dragon's Curse) physical release! 
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

jtucci31

« Reply #485 on: July 24, 2017, 06:08:18 PM »
Same here, I can't wait to try that. Any idea when that's going up for sale yet?

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #486 on: July 24, 2017, 07:06:09 PM »
Next friday I believe.

TR0N

« Reply #487 on: July 24, 2017, 09:14:02 PM »
Same here, I can't wait to try that. Any idea when that's going up for sale yet?
August 4th,probably order myself a copy as well if i can get the order put in quickly enough.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

bartre

« Reply #488 on: July 25, 2017, 02:19:17 AM »
good news!
they dropped the cover art variants on Night Trap.
now it's the blue stripe and red box covers, and they're reversible, rather than having a 3rd variant.

xelement5x

« Reply #489 on: July 25, 2017, 04:53:10 AM »
good news!
now it's the blue stripe and red box covers, and they're reversible, rather than having a 3rd variant.

Probably because it'd be like impossible to get number of reward tickets to get the 3rd version. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

jtucci31

« Reply #490 on: July 25, 2017, 05:10:07 AM »
good news!
Wow that's pretty logical. I'm shocked they wouldn't want to sell each individually and make people buy both. Reversible is sweet!

bartre

« Reply #491 on: July 25, 2017, 08:35:26 AM »
I think they're noticing that people are dropping off the train.
they've now had multiple releases that didn't sell out same day.

I'm off the hype train, but their next few releases will probably still get my money.
I've heard oceanhorn is really good, and Plague Road looks *just* interesting enough.

schweaty

« Reply #492 on: July 25, 2017, 09:14:56 AM »
Oceanhorn looks like a poor man's windwaker.  Considering that game is 14 years old, I played it on the gamecube and the Wii u remaster, I'm going to pass

TDIRunner

« Reply #493 on: July 25, 2017, 09:38:29 AM »
Oceanhorn looks like a poor man's windwaker. Considering that game is 14 years old, I played it on the gamecube and the Wii u remaster, I'm going to pass

I was thinking the same.  I'm probably going to pass on Oceanhorn, but Plague Road looks pretty fun.  I've passed on all games the past two weeks, but I see a few coming up that I'm interested in. 
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #494 on: July 28, 2017, 09:58:47 AM »
I see three of the four are pre-orders today, or so it said in the notification email; I see no mention of it on the game order pages.

Maybe it's time to change their name to "Limited Pre-Order Games".  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles