Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25365 times)

glazball

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #555 on: August 15, 2017, 01:13:42 PM »
So if I go around telling other members to go f*ck themselves, that's a-ok with you?

Pretty much, yeah.  I was telling people to get f*cked long before being made a mod.

I'm not ok with that.

All of the words you typed below the "go f*ck yourself" to explain your point could have come out first.  That's how adults discuss things.  Instead you start with "go f*ck yourself" knowing you'll have no repercussions, you can talk down to others here all you want.  I get it.  I've been a member in good or at least neutral standing for 5 years, but I won't be talked to like that here or in rl.  This is one of the few places on the internet that felt like home, but that's all gone completely in one f*cking day.  I won't be sticking around here much longer.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

HailingTheThings

« Reply #556 on: August 15, 2017, 07:07:56 PM »
So if I go around telling other members to go f*ck themselves, that's a-ok with you?

Pretty much, yeah.  I was telling people to get f*cked long before being made a mod.

I'm not ok with that.

All of the words you typed below the "go f*ck yourself" to explain your point could have come out first.  That's how adults discuss things.  Instead you start with "go f*ck yourself" knowing you'll have no repercussions, you can talk down to others here all you want.  I get it.  I've been a member in good or at least neutral standing for 5 years, but I won't be talked to like that here or in rl.  This is one of the few places on the internet that felt like home, but that's all gone completely in one f*cking day.  I won't be sticking around here much longer.

Dude, chill out. Its Necro. he does things. It was a prank, bro. Jesus loves you.

TR0N

« Reply #557 on: August 15, 2017, 07:18:49 PM »
What HCG thinks but i still think LRG business practices stink  :P

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Gypsy

« Reply #558 on: August 16, 2017, 01:14:30 AM »
LOL. They wouldn't go out of business due to one failure. Absolute bollocks. Even assuming just $10 profit per game and 80% of the listed stock as sellable due to returns, lost packages, holding back copies etc... They've made quite a bit of money. We should be loooong past the point of needing every game to sell out.

Also we are back to unidentifiable (to most people) indies this week, so it will be interesting to see if they sit.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 01:17:36 AM by Gypsy »

Black Tiger

« Reply #559 on: August 16, 2017, 02:42:56 AM »

I'm not ok with that.

"Go f*ck yourself" is literally his catchphrase.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #560 on: August 16, 2017, 03:20:35 AM »
I can't argue with that.  :lol:

I'm not ok with that.

Then don't read my posts.  You don't have to like every single person on the internet.

All of the words you typed below the "go f*ck yourself" to explain your point could have come out first.  That's how adults discuss things.

By the same token, you could've explained yourself better than dropping in with a "shut up, you're not allowed to expect better from LRG!"... then bitched about yet another way that LRG wronged their customers.

You reap what you sow, tex.

Instead you start with "go f*ck yourself" knowing you'll have no repercussions, you can talk down to others here all you want.  I get it.

Again with the mod abuse paranoia.  Amazing.

I've been a member in good or at least neutral standing for 5 years, but I won't be talked to like that here or in rl.  This is one of the few places on the internet that felt like home, but that's all gone completely in one f*cking day.  I won't be sticking around here much longer.

No need to be hasty now.  Adults can disagree, have a few tense moments (if that's what this is), get over it, and go back to being civil.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Johnpv

« Reply #561 on: August 16, 2017, 03:37:33 AM »
Bob from RetroRGB in his retro roundup included a bit about the frustration with buying from Limited run games.

https://youtu.be/kbDDGo9W6T4?t=29m43s

worth a quick watch. 

Tw3ek

« Reply #562 on: August 16, 2017, 05:16:00 AM »

I'm not ok with that.

You do realize anyone can say "go f*ck yourself" to anyone else here right? It's not a heavily censored place.

With that said, go f*ck yourself. 

TelcoSurveyor

« Reply #563 on: August 16, 2017, 07:56:00 AM »
Would you like some making f*ck, berserker!!
I'm the Wind, Baby!

Medic_wheat

« Reply #564 on: August 16, 2017, 08:01:19 AM »

xelement5x

« Reply #565 on: August 16, 2017, 08:28:14 AM »

This dude, I've never really had issues with him but at this point:
https://youtu.be/gFF_K5gDYEc?t=284

~"If they made like 5000 copies of Ys Origin they'd be stuck with a lot of copies"

That seems like the most uninformed thing I have ever heard.  Ys is no Final Fantasy, but the recognition of the series is much larger than I think he believes. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Johnpv

« Reply #566 on: August 16, 2017, 09:04:28 AM »

~"If they made like 5000 copies of Ys Origin they'd be stuck with a lot of copies"

That seems like the most uninformed thing I have ever heard.  Ys is no Final Fantasy, but the recognition of the series is much larger than I think he believes.

Specially in the last few years, its been slowly gaining popularity in the west. 

jtucci31

« Reply #567 on: August 16, 2017, 09:55:02 AM »
Is this the boarding line for the "f*ck LRG" train? If so, I want on!
Definitely with ya tweek!

Also, I can just play Night Trap digitally for like half the damn price and without the anxiety and guilt of supporting LRG. So I think I'll just do that and then seek out the actual SegaCD version. No qualms here.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #568 on: August 16, 2017, 10:00:00 AM »

Yeah, that's just silly.

I also didn't agree with him giving 'em kudos for limiting scalpers.  They try to stop some multiple purchases, but at the same time they allow the purchase of 2 or more copies of many games and they know their store front system is broken and easily gamed.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Gypsy

« Reply #569 on: August 16, 2017, 10:09:23 AM »

Specially in the last few years, its been slowly gaining popularity in the west.

Great series, can't wait for VIII. :)

I'm torn if I want to try LRG for Ys Origins. I'd be my first purchase from them in a long time, if I could even get the order in. Otoh there is the Play-asia release.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 02:16:41 PM by Gypsy »