Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25421 times)

bartre

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #585 on: August 22, 2017, 10:41:59 AM »

Really glad I didn't grab Lawbreakers :P

Gypsy

« Reply #586 on: August 22, 2017, 01:49:37 PM »
If anyone can answer medics question about ps tv compatibility for Ys, I'd like to know as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I just tried it again this weekend and Ys Origin does not work on a stock PS TV.  If yours is hacked you can force the whitelist to have it and it'll work cause there's like no touch screen stuff, but stock it won't work.

Thank you for checking.

Since it now pre-order teritory maybe LRG can be petitioned to request a patch for ps tv play.

I doubt it. Just hack your PSTV, you'll thank yourself later anyway.

Oh and shiver me timbers they are doing a pre-order. Like others have stated I hope it goes well so they do this for other bigger titles.

Mathius

« Reply #587 on: August 22, 2017, 02:43:03 PM »
I'd really love to get an Ys Origins now that they are doing pre-orders but I has no monies sadly. Times are tight in the Mathius household.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Medic_wheat

« Reply #588 on: August 22, 2017, 03:22:05 PM »
Yes I really need to hack my spare ps tv ...

bartre

« Reply #589 on: August 22, 2017, 05:14:51 PM »

saw this on Ys Origin.

Mathius

« Reply #590 on: August 22, 2017, 06:23:41 PM »

saw this on Ys Origin.

Incoming Collectard feeding frenzy! Find shelter!
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

TheClash603

« Reply #591 on: August 23, 2017, 01:00:39 AM »
Have they said how long they will keep the preorders opened?  It would be nice if they left them up for a week, long enough for people to get their game, but short enough to not delay the production and delivery process too badly.

Gypsy

« Reply #592 on: August 23, 2017, 01:29:22 AM »
Have they said how long they will keep the preorders opened?  It would be nice if they left them up for a week, long enough for people to get their game, but short enough to not delay the production and delivery process too badly.

24 hours because lol.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #593 on: August 23, 2017, 03:49:11 AM »

24 hours because lol.

And yet I have seen people in fb LRG fan page complain it should be an hour because then to many people can order making this limited run game feel less limited.

Or more likely less scalable

xelement5x

« Reply #594 on: August 23, 2017, 07:39:39 AM »

saw this on Ys Origin.

I think I can hear NintendoAge salivating from here. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

MisterCrash

« Reply #595 on: August 23, 2017, 01:03:12 PM »
I have not bought any LRG games before, and I echo a lot of the sentiments in this thread. I would much prefer a system where the demand is measured before the supply is created. For games that have already been released digitally, I would think that this would be fairly easy to do. If you want to keep things "limited" to satisfy the collectors, then make a limited version with bonus goodies or a special cover or some such thing. Limiting supply artificially (like LRG and Nintendo's hardware strategy) is maddening to me. Being able to sell these things in package deals that nobody wants is a good indicator that the price is too low given the demand. Then again, if they own the rights, they can sell it however they want.

I've already ordered Ys Origin and The Dragon's Trap from Play Asia, because I didn't want to deal with this nonsense. It seems that Asia has a better handle on how to manage this.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #596 on: August 23, 2017, 01:40:22 PM »

saw this on Ys Origin.

I think I can hear NintendoAge salivating from here. 

Oooook. Well  one would think okay mom and pop shops can stock up a little for sale at their stores. Cool cool. However in a world where someone pre ordered 61 SNES Classics to scalp I just don't think it's the smaller retro stores or even franchise store which will really take advantage of the Y's release.

Johnpv

« Reply #597 on: August 23, 2017, 01:53:22 PM »

Oooook. Well  one would think okay mom and pop shops can stock up a little for sale at their stores. Cool cool. However in a world where someone pre ordered 61 SNES Classics to scalp I just don't think it's the smaller retro stores or even franchise store which will really take advantage of the Ys release.

How the f*ck did some one manage to pre-order 61 of them????!!!!!!

I keep seeing people mention scalpers using bots or some shit is that for real? 

Medic_wheat

« Reply #598 on: August 23, 2017, 02:23:59 PM »

Oooook. Well  one would think okay mom and pop shops can stock up a little for sale at their stores. Cool cool. However in a world where someone pre ordered 61 SNES Classics to scalp I just don't think it's the smaller retro stores or even franchise store which will really take advantage of the Ys release.

How the f*ck did some one manage to pre-order 61 of them????!!!!!!

I keep seeing people mention scalpers using bots or some shit is that for real? 

I kept hearing the same about bots and what not. Since I know nothing about that sort of thing I don't know.

I did hear that's why the original Amazon page for the SNES classic was not used and a new one made when it launched. Which of course threw me off and I was left unaware until after it was sold out.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #599 on: August 24, 2017, 02:21:01 AM »
Well  one would think okay mom and pop shops can stock up a little for sale at their stores.

Funny you mention that...LGR is NOW selling unlimited pre-orders to brink'n mortar. There is absolutely no discount and by agreeing to sell their games, you cannot mark it up beyond $10(granted, for new...nothing is to say you can't sell them then have them traded in as used...but that might just be a loop hole).

How do I know? well Lost Ark in NC is one of the first stores to be a reseller. I'm told, LGR is limiting it to 1-2 stores per state.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"