Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25414 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #600 on: August 24, 2017, 02:41:28 AM »
Funny you mention that...LGR is NOW selling unlimited pre-orders to brink'n mortar. There is absolutely no discount and by agreeing to sell their games, you cannot mark it up beyond $10(granted, for new...nothing is to say you can't sell them then have them traded in as used...but that might just be a loop hole).

How do I know? well Lost Ark in NC is one of the first stores to be a reseller. I'm told, LGR is limiting it to 1-2 stores per state.

No shit?  I wonder how that'll work.  Unless they do pre-orders for everyone, that's rather a slap in the face to the long time customers.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

jtucci31

« Reply #601 on: August 24, 2017, 06:01:12 AM »
Yeah even this pre order business is still pretty shitty, it's just way better than what they had been doing, so it by default looks way better. But 24 hours to pre order a game? It's like they're trying to remain all semblance.

Once again, though, Ys Origin is available on Play Asia and I'm pretty sure (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) the Vita and PS4 versions are both English. Might as well just do that honestly.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #602 on: August 24, 2017, 06:44:35 AM »
I don't mind the 24 hour time period.  It's plenty of time to get in an order, and there's plenty of press surrounding the game that you know it's coming.

TDIRunner

« Reply #603 on: August 24, 2017, 07:19:47 AM »
There is literally nothing they can do that will make everyone happy. 24 hours is more than enough time to get a pre-order in.  The only argument I can see for a longer window would be for people who don't know about it until it's too late.  But I have trouble believing that anyone who is truly interested in this game doesn't already know about the LRG release.   
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #604 on: August 24, 2017, 08:04:19 AM »
Exactly.  If they're living under a rock and don't know about it, it won't matter if it's 24 hours, a week, or a month.

jtucci31

« Reply #605 on: August 24, 2017, 08:40:40 AM »
I guess what I meant was that doing a 24 hour pre order period seems like the bare minimum (or maximum I guess) they could do in this situation so that they could still keep their "Limited" approach to everything.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 08:42:44 AM by jtucci31 »

TDIRunner

« Reply #606 on: August 24, 2017, 09:39:22 AM »
I guess what I meant was that doing a 24 hour pre order period seems like the bare minimum (or maximum I guess) they could do in this situation so that they could still keep their "Limited" approach to everything.

The way I see it, they can keep their "limited" approach by keeping the CE limited (which they are).  Make as many RE as needed and keep the CE limited.  I can't imagine HOW people could complain about that, despite the fact that I know the WILL.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Flare65

« Reply #607 on: August 24, 2017, 05:38:57 PM »

Really glad I didn't grab Lawbreakers :P

Wow.  I never even heard of this game until I watched this youtube video.  Looks like a great game, but I'm already deeply invested in Overwatch...

Back on topic:

Why is the regular version of Ys and the collectors edition the same price for PS Vita??

TDIRunner

« Reply #608 on: August 25, 2017, 02:15:02 AM »
Back on topic:

Why is the regular version of Ys and the collectors edition the same price for PS Vita??

I saw that yesterday and was confused as well.  I appears to be corrected now. 

Gypsy

« Reply #609 on: August 25, 2017, 03:13:47 AM »
I caved and ordered a CE. I love Ys.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #610 on: August 25, 2017, 03:22:18 AM »

I heard the CE of Y's didn't sell out all that fast and many where able to get multiples.

Did you go with the PS4 or Vita?

Gypsy

« Reply #611 on: August 25, 2017, 03:25:59 AM »
PS4.

It said one per person, so people that ordered multiples are probably in for a surprise.

xelement5x

« Reply #612 on: August 25, 2017, 03:29:13 AM »

I heard the CE of Ys didn't sell out all that fast and many where able to get multiples.

Lol, "didn't sell out fast" means it took more than two minutes but less than 10?  What kind of world is this.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #613 on: August 25, 2017, 04:13:57 AM »
No kidding, it sold out plenty quick.  I skipped the CE and went with a plain jane Vita copy; I'll pay a little more for extra goodies, but nearly double the cost for a poster and simple art book was a bridge too far.

By the way, peeps could get multiples (2 per system and 4 total) by buying both the standalone CE and the bundle with Asdivine.

Gypsy

« Reply #614 on: August 25, 2017, 04:21:42 AM »
No kidding, it sold out plenty quick.  I skipped the CE and went with a plain jane Vita copy; I'll pay a little more for extra goodies, but nearly double the cost for a poster and simple art book was a bridge too far.

By the way, peeps could get multiples (2 per system and 4 total) by buying both the standalone CE and the bundle with Asdivine.

Ah okay, I sure didn't want that other game.

I heard the CE of Ys didn't sell out all that fast and many where able to get multiples.

Lol, "didn't sell out fast" means it took more than two minutes but less than 10?  What kind of world is this.

Yeah it took like 5 minutes, but was actually possible to order. CONFIRMED TURD!!!!11one