Author Topic: FX-Unit Yuki: The Henshin Engine for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine  (Read 27057 times)

NightWolve

Re: Henshin Engine Game for TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine
« Reply #210 on: October 06, 2016, 03:35:19 PM »
I wasn't a backer. I waited too long and then got busy and missed the deadline. Glad to see the 35k stretch was made without me!

I think John is just joshing on that one. ;)

sirhcman

« Reply #211 on: October 06, 2016, 03:40:00 PM »
I wasn't a backer. I waited too long and then got busy and missed the deadline. Glad to see the 35k stretch was made without me!

I think John is just joshing on that one. ;)

Pretty sure he is serious, lol

NightWolve

« Reply #212 on: October 06, 2016, 04:07:42 PM »
Sad but true. However, I have only ever backed two other kickstarters, and neither one delivered. So I swore "never again".

The very fact that I tried should count for something.

That's alright null, and I meant what I said BTW, I was surprisingly impressed you went over to that site, takes some guts to get in the middle of the crossfire (sort of felt like, where did that come from in null?)... What a bit of a rollercoaster this has kind of been, wow... I don't think I myself would ever wanna even try to run a Kickstarter project... :/

nodtveidt

« Reply #213 on: October 06, 2016, 04:14:29 PM »
Haters gonna hate. Btw, Ross decided to post more garbage on the DCJY FB group, going after Saru for cutting the SNES port possibility out of the equation. I swear this guy is lovesick or something.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #214 on: October 06, 2016, 06:29:39 PM »
Nice use of the size tags, dumbass.

lol.

also wtfchatroomareyoutalkingabout
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Gredler

« Reply #215 on: October 06, 2016, 08:09:03 PM »
Nice use of the size tags, dumbass.

lol.

also wtfchatroomareyoutalkingabout

I have been hounding null to change the DoxPhile chat name to devophile but he is resistant. Considering one game won a gamejam and the other got a 35k kick-start would insinuate that at least a bit of development chat spawns from the filth that passes through that nasty chat room ;) gotta stop posting after drinking, but y'all are enticing to conversate with

nodtveidt

« Reply #216 on: October 07, 2016, 12:27:49 AM »
Meh.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 03:33:53 PM by The Old Rover »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #217 on: October 07, 2016, 02:30:50 AM »
In some sense, only 511 people joined, so we're kind of dying off as PCE fans willing to back projects like this...

I wouldn't say that.  Based on sales of other homebrew games, few of which have sold 500+ after being available for sale for years, the support has never been all that great.  It's a pretty small niche, and factoring in people's unwillingness to pre-order and/or give money to kickstarter and methinks Yuki did really well.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

spenoza

« Reply #218 on: October 07, 2016, 03:49:45 AM »
Create first, worry about audience later. If you're making time to do what you love, at the very least you'll end up loving some of what you do.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

nodtveidt

« Reply #219 on: October 07, 2016, 10:37:17 AM »
This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here:
HUGE SUCCESS
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

(sorry, had to) :lol:

esteban

« Reply #220 on: October 07, 2016, 03:49:31 PM »
Yay! :)
  |    | 

Gredler

« Reply #221 on: October 07, 2016, 06:10:12 PM »
Yuuuuge

blueraven

« Reply #222 on: October 07, 2016, 11:03:46 PM »
Well, like many of us, I've seen this dream of saru's from the start (at least the start in chat) to the point it started becoming reality and rover got involved. I met Saru at MGC (thanks again for the booze run!) and while I haven't met rover, I know his generosity and character. I f*cking know beyond doubt that both of their intentions are true and their commitment to this project is beyond scrutiny[size=78%].[/size]

When some f*cker comes along and tries to shit on that party? Yeah... f*ck them.

Yes to all of this. I can confirm exactly what nullity is saying. I also started speaking to Saru when he first joined, and started talking to him about comics when he first joined. He gave me tips on what tablet to buy if I wanted to go digital and actually sent me a video review he had done to show me exactly what I would be getting into. Not only can I vouch for his character, but I remember when he started on the Henshin Engine digital comic last year. So if that makes me a hipster, then fine.

And how the f*ck do you have more posts than me null? lol.

Been spamming that website of yours, I guess. If you send me one more email about it, I will report you to the mods and write to the admin at DoxPhile
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 11:06:35 PM by blueraven »
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

spenoza

« Reply #223 on: October 08, 2016, 03:40:02 AM »
Congrats, team, in a decisive Kickstarter victory. Now comes the hard part, delivering the finished game  ; )
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

nodtveidt

« Reply #224 on: October 08, 2016, 04:39:17 AM »
Woot.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 03:33:29 PM by The Old Rover »