Author Topic: "PCEWorks" finally bootlegs Magical Chase  (Read 5087 times)

Black Tiger

"PCEWorks" finally bootlegs Magical Chase
« on: May 18, 2017, 11:51:28 AM »
If you always wanted the prestige of being able to gloat to other omega tier collectors that you own a physical copy of Magical Chase, but were turned off by the prospect of beautiful packaging and presentation, you can now get in on the ground floor of what will soon be the most valuable and appreciating holy grail in the amazing world of 8-bit game collecting!

Just as exciting, if you missed out on investing in the official Magical Chase soundtrack from a few years ago, you can now pay much more for an official PCEWorks knockoff!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 12:48:05 PM by Black Tiger »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Gypsy

Re: "PCEWorks" finally bootlegs Magical Chase
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 12:46:23 PM »
Sign me up for the raffle please.

elmer

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 12:48:24 PM »
So now he's doing repro HuCards, too. Great.  :roll:

I particularly love that he's charging a premium price for the Sapphire CD over other CDs ... cause ... you know ... it obviously costs more to license !??!??!  ](*,)

Gypsy

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 12:51:57 PM »
$230 for anyone wondering. LOL.

esteban

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 12:53:34 PM »
Dildo Baggins.
  |    | 

Gypsy

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 12:55:57 PM »
Dildo Baggins.

Lord of the G Strings

tbone3969

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 12:56:13 PM »
WTF....................................
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

jperryss

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 01:08:15 PM »
"Both titles include japanese HuCards, a black one for Splatterhouse and and a white one for Magical Chase. The included HuCards were provided by TG-16 Mods in Canada. They do great work and you can get in touch with them for all your HuCard needs."

So he's reselling Turbokon's repros?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:10:45 PM by jperryss »

geise

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 02:17:05 PM »
LOL!  Did he strike a deal with someone on deviant art? That's some horrid looking shit.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 03:11:58 PM »
I had a guy make me a Toungeman's Logic HuCARD a couple of years ago. I think it cost like $20 or something to have done. Where does the other $200 come from!?

So unrepentantly scummy and crooked, this guy. Soooooooooo greedy. Quest probably made $5 off each copy of this game originally and they actually made the f*cking thing. He used to sell Sapphire for $35. I know because I bought it from him! Now if he's not pocketing $100 on every game he sells he's not doing it. More profit than Sony makes off an entire PlayStation and the first four games you buy for it.

EDIT: I just checked my record and I had that HuCARD made for $48. Actually, it was $48 for the card (with very nice printed art) and five more blank cards and the programmer adaptor, shipped, with tracking and insurance, from Europe to the US.

So without a doubt this is you paying $240 for terrible art and dumb patches with a game that costs %10 of that to produce. I would tell his customers to go f*ck themselves, but all of them obviously doing just that.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 03:23:03 PM by SignOfZeta »

crazydean

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 06:01:44 PM »
LOL! f*ck any idiot who buys this. When you can buy a flash cart for 1/3 of the price, who would buy this? The people who buy this are the same people who shouldn't be in this hobby to begin with.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

esteban

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 12:23:29 AM »
I haven't looked at the page (trying to resist), but here is the official countdown to MANY DOUCHEBAG YOUTUBERS (who are otherwise "tolerable") foaming at the mouth because they can't keep their fetish for "Holy Grails" in check.

3... 2... 1...

TRIVIA CHALLENGE: How many TubeYou "personalities" will have spontaneous orgasms on-camera as they discuss this new development in the tabloid that is Magical Chase?

How many others will feel threatened by this development? Their insecurities masked behind boasts of owning the "genuine" Huey?

FINAL SCORE:

Collectards: 2      Humanity: Nil.

|    | 

Gypsy

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 12:30:52 AM »
LOL! f*ck any idiot who buys this. When you can buy a flash cart for 1/3 of the price, who would buy this? The people who buy this are the same people who shouldn't be in this hobby to begin with.

Fine bootleg connoisseurs. I mean this is a limited edition bootleg. It will not be re-issused. THIS IS YOUR ONLY CHANCE TO BUY THIS FINE BOOTLEG. And just ask Neo collectors, you need it in your collection. Otherwise, you may as well just throw out your entire collection.

TheClash603

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 01:19:41 AM »
What makes no sense is there is already a lot of the other bootleg Magical Chase which were on Ebay at a much lower price.  Hasn't the ship already sailed for a chance to exploit this game based on that other release?

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 01:43:57 AM »
He must be targeting his "fans." Otherwise what would be the point?