Author Topic: "PCEWorks" finally bootlegs Magical Chase  (Read 5116 times)

shubibiman

Re: "PCEWorks" finally bootlegs Magical Chase
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2017, 06:41:37 PM »
Anyone try contacting konami or namco or whoever? If you guys are that concerned.

I've tried to contact Konami France but had no reply at all. Maybe Namco-Bandai will react.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

jtucci31

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2017, 04:43:00 AM »
Hmm, I like mine better. Looks way more authentically bootleg.

In all seriousness, those repro hu cards look very similar to the ones turbokon was doing awhile back (and is still doing?). Are those an open thing/anyone can do, is PCE Works most likely just ripping this shit off of turbokon, or (not to spew total shit) is turbokon with this at all? I'm stupid and can't be bothered to read previous pages in the thread :)

I'm not sure. Either way, this is obviously totally ludicrous and I honestly don't ever care for their packaging. Start banning people on FB who buy this shit or something already.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 05:26:34 AM by jtucci31 »

Black Tiger

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2017, 05:05:53 AM »
Hmm, I like mine better. Looks way more authentically bootleg.

In all seriousness, those repro hu cards look very similar to the ones turbokon was doing awhile back (and is still doing?). Are those an open thing/anyone can do, is PCE Works most likely just ripping this shit off of turbokon, or (not to spew total shit) is turbokon with this at all?

I'm not sure. Either way, this is obviously totally ludicrous and I honestly don't ever care for their packaging. Start banning people on FB who buy this shit or something already.

Looks like you missed a page. turbokon & co are the ones who made them. Tobias only dropped them into gaudy packaging.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

jtucci31

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2017, 05:27:39 AM »
Looks like you missed a page. turbokon & co are the ones who made them. Tobias only dropped them into gaudy packaging.
I am a moron. My bad! I completely skipped over the 2nd page of this thread somehow.

gex

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2017, 05:48:21 AM »
I think the price is going to be a real turn off for a lot of people.  For that kind of money I'd rather spend the extra 70.00 and buy a Nintendo Switch.....if you can actually find one (that's another story...)

I admit, the packaging is kinda cool, but the price point is way off for these games. 

How old are you?

Still laughing

Desh

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2017, 11:20:32 AM »
Ouch... this thread fills me with disappointment and this is coming from the forum parasite.  It's like finding out your wife is f*cking your arch enemy.

Dicer

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2017, 01:40:08 PM »
My thoughts as always...

He's gonna keep makin em, people are gonna keep buying/flipping/reviewing them

Why get salty over it anymore, it's not gonna make a f*ckin lick O' difference.

gex

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2017, 02:09:21 PM »
Ouch... this thread fills me with disappointment and this is coming from the forum parasite.  It's like finding out your wife is f*cking your arch enemy.

Damn, that's a vivid example

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2017, 02:18:53 PM »

Because *now*,  our own "people" are supplying him and making his job that much easier.

AKA: The literal opposite of what you should be doing if you want a piece of shit to stop.

Remember when we all laughed at how stupid Tobias was, and how what he was doing sucked?

and how some people were going to group up and do an alternative to push him out?

hah.

hahahahhaa.

"If you can't beat em, join em" doesn't even apply because there was never an attempted alternative.   It was more like "f*ck it! money! LOLOL"

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Dicer

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2017, 02:22:21 PM »

Because *now*,  our own "people" are supplying him and making his job that much easier.

AKA: The literal opposite of what you should be doing if you want a piece of shit to stop.

Remember when we all laughed at how stupid Tobias was, and how what he was doing sucked?

and how some people were going to group up and do an alternative to push him out?

hah.

hahahahhaa.

"If you can't beat em, join em" doesn't even apply because there was never an attempted alternative.   It was more like "f*ck it! money! LOLOL"

I meant it in more of a personal way, I'm a relative "noob" to this community even though I've been balls deep in the obey scene since it was a thing.

I just think people are gonna do what they are gonna do, support the good ones, shun the bad ones.

Sorry if I got ya riled Ark, t'was not the intent.

Peace and love hugs and shit....

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2017, 02:40:55 PM »
The problem is, we have "good ones" doing things "bad ones" would do, and instead of anyone going "okwtf" we have a goddamn parade about it with high fives and participation trophies for everyone involved.

If you pulled this shit like not even 5 years ago, you'd get lit up.

The problem I think, is that other relative noobs kinda just showed up, were cool enough, did some mods & arts and crafts stuff that people liked, and then they took it too far.

To me it seems like they're chasing money.   They also don't seem to realize that they are irking and/or driving people away.

This is partially because other people are so loud with the high fives that it makes it seem OK.

It's not OK anymore.   This is horse shit.

If RoyVegas or some other idiot did this same shit, we'd be having a field day with him.   This biased high-fiver-y sucks.

The people who would also be speaking up have either gotten tired of it and just left, or they've legit died. 

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2017, 04:48:48 PM »
The problem is, we have "good ones" doing things "bad ones" would do, and instead of anyone going "okwtf" we have a goddamn parade about it with high fives and participation trophies for everyone involved.

If you pulled this shit like not even 5 years ago, you'd get lit up.

The problem I think, is that other relative noobs kinda just showed up, were cool enough, did some mods & arts and crafts stuff that people liked, and then they took it too far.

To me it seems like they're chasing money.   They also don't seem to realize that they are irking and/or driving people away.

This is partially because other people are so loud with the high fives that it makes it seem OK.

It's not OK anymore.   This is horse shit.

If RoyVegas or some other idiot did this same shit, we'd be having a field day with him.   This biased high-fiver-y sucks.

The people who would also be speaking up have either gotten tired of it and just left, or they've legit died.

The problem is with social media where this sort of thing seems to be acceptable and the majority there have no real moral compass. So long as the packaging is pretti, they'll want it. Another issue with why all of this is in the state that it's in is that there are a number of people who were long time members of the community who were respected and so it's easier to overlook these things for what it seems like most people. If someone DOES try to stick it to em and make cheaper repros or whatever, those people will likely make enemies with those who are involved with the current repros (which already happened between two people making repros AFAIK).  Personally I don't agree with what's happening at the PCEworks front and was very upset about the XAKIII/SOII being sold again because at that point, he's profiteering off of the very recent work of people who had done the work so the gamers could enjoy for free. But one of the biggest issues with this whole PCEworks thing is that many weren't around for the BS (Sapphire etc.) or simply don't care. How do you stop it? He's been at it for a decade and a half already.
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2017, 05:29:14 PM »
On Facebook, nobody gives a flying f*ck, as you've already noted.   

Members of ISIS could show up selling copies of games photographed next to decapitated prisoners or whatever, and half those stupid f*cks would be like "PM SENT.  DO YOU TAKE PAYPAL?".

You can give them the history lesson.   It doesn't do anything.   They don't care.

It falls on deaf ears to the majority of people because they are just dumbasses that want more shelf candy so they can get validation from strangers on the internet about their wads of shit they don't actually play.

That attitude has leaked into here as well.  I've pointed it out before.

We also have newer members both here and on FB that to me, are disrespectful dickshits with respect to the PCE community / scene.  They start with that "omg y u naysaying." and "omg its just opinions everyone can have them omg" bullshit. 

They don't care about the historical context of anything.   They don't care about who's who / done what.   They just want to get shelf candy, and to shitpost. 

That's it.

Everything's devolved into self centered piece of shit shitposters that just want to buy stuff and don't care where it's coming from, and have no actual respect for anything.

We had people who, as I said, were claiming they were going to do something proactive about stopping it.

look how that went.

Our own kind turned on us, so it's all basically f*cked at this point.

Facebook/Social Media f*cked it all up.

The only way to fix it is for the impossible to happen:  Everyone would need to stop being a bunch of high fiving boyscouts.   

shubibiman

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2017, 07:20:02 PM »
Great post that pretty much sums my state of mind of the moment.

Thanks Arkhan.

But I'd like to add : remember what I said when Turbokon first sold his Magical Chase repros ?

Edit : Remember this ?

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=20841.msg457196#msg457196

Ok Turbokon. So you just steal someone else's work and then you sell fake games 45$. Do you have the licence for that or are you just gonna be one of those "PCE memories" scumbags ?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 07:32:19 PM by shubibiman »
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2017, 08:43:28 PM »
Great post that pretty much sums my state of mind of the moment.

Thanks Arkhan.

But I'd like to add : remember what I said when Turbokon first sold his Magical Chase repros ?

Edit : Remember this ?

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=20841.msg457196#msg457196

Ok Turbokon. So you just steal someone else's work and then you sell fake games 45$. Do you have the licence for that or are you just gonna be one of those "PCE memories" scumbags ?

Yeah I mean, we've sure as hell come full circle on that and it is extremely disappointing to see greed overtake common sense.

I never really enjoyed the 45$ price tag, in all honesty.   It's too high.  I know the cost of the parts is nowhere near that. 

The idea was to get cheap copies of rare games into the hands of humans so they could have physical copies to play.   

At the time, it made sense.  Everdrives were harder to come by and always out of stock.   The other flash carts were pieces of shit.   

GameOfYou stopped making his sweet little 30$ one (which by the way, for f*cks sake, GameOfYou's reprogrammable via USB flashcartridge is cheaper than a bootleg of ONE game.  What.)

but, they're fake.  They will always be fake. They don't hold any inherent value/story/meaning that makes them worth stacking on a shelf.

Their value is whatever the parts cost.  There's nothing special about them.  Buy an everdrive.  It's the same.

Everdrive availability for around 80$ has rendered these things utterly pointless for anything other than some moronic desire to have shit on a shelf.

Like Zeta said, gamers collect really stupid shit that is so stupid it makes collectors in other hobbies go "what. the. f*ck.?"

My grandparents taped movies on HBO in the 80s.  They have a whole mess of VHS on a shelf, labeled with what movies are on the VHS.

I can assure you, nobody is going to walk in there one day and go HOLY SHIT.

STEEL MAGNOLIAS ON A KODAK VHS!?  SWEET.

I have a bin of cassette tapes.  My early 90s mixtapes with scribbly labels mean literally nothing.  My copies of CDs that I put onto a cassette?  Worthless.

This crap is pretty much the same

It's meaningless copies made because we can't afford real ones.

Except now, the f*cking meaningless copies are approaching the same level of "what the f*ck, I am not paying that for a game".

If it's not an original, it's not special.  It's crap.

Everything is crap.

We're all crap.