Author Topic: Playstation kicked f*cking ass  (Read 2722 times)

bartre

Re: Playstation kicked f*cking ass
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 10:34:28 AM »
My dudes.

DEVIL DICE.
maybe the best puzzle game ever.

also,
All-Star Slammin D-Ball
Clock Tower
Disney's Hercules
Gundam Battle Assault 2
Incredible Crisis
Inuyasha
Jumping Flash! 2
Legacy of Kain Blood Omen
Lego Racers
Mega Man Legends
Mega Man X4 - the last good traditional Mega Man game until Zero
Prasite Eve - maybe my favorite RPG on the system
Rising Zan: The Samurai Gunman - play it for the lulz
Rollcage 2

Gredler

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 10:50:27 AM »
Is that easy to do? I played through all of FFVII on the Vita and that worked out really well. And I bought the PS1 version of FF VI because it was on sale and thought it might be cool to go back and forth.

Yes it is very easy (but not as seamless as using the switch - you have to perform a transfer at the system level then load the game), I believe you can do it via wifi if you don't have a hacked vita, and if your vita is hacked you can use the USB to transfer files between systems (that's what I do).

If you can find a memory card adapter, those rule too.

I was loading up my old saves onto my PS3 and backing em up onto the cloud and playing around on the PS3 with them.

That memory card reader kicks ass.

Now if only they'd make a gameshark adapter so I can really f*ck around.

Danm I didn't look into it enough, but I would definitely buy a PS to PS3 memory card adapter! I have all my old cards still, with saves on them (including my suikoden save!)

bob

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 01:10:47 PM »
Apocalypse is also another overlooked gem.  I think most people assumed it sucked because of the bruce willis/movie license.  It's an overhead run 'n gun with platforming.  Really could be themed after a number of different things.   The game itself is good fun.

EmperorIng

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 01:29:44 PM »
The PS1 has an awesome arcade port of Volfied, called Qix Neo. It's a budget title and dirt cheap. It's better than the PCE remake/port of Volfied by miles.

Also an underrated budget gem: the puzzle/battle game Builder's Block. It's weird and will take you some time to understand the mechanics, but it's really quite fun. It has a lot of different modes, many compelling (like the single-player leisurely puzzle mode redone in 3D, or the frantic arcade original with 2D sprites).

I'm playing Suikoden now for the first time; the game is hella good.  8) Continues to underline why the 32bit generation was THE best for RPGs.  :dance:

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 03:45:51 PM »
Apocalypse is also another overlooked gem.  I think most people assumed it sucked because of the bruce willis/movie license.  It's an overhead run 'n gun with platforming.  Really could be themed after a number of different things.   The game itself is good fun.

I recently bought and played that for the first time and was like "wow, I should've rented this as a kid"

but I didn't really like the movie so I just skipped it.

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 04:39:09 PM »
I'll re-mention Suikoden 1 & 2 as those games just plain rule.

Alundra, only the first though, I beat the 2nd, but, sheesh, it might've been better if done with the first games engine.

Lunar 1 & 2, yeah yeah, I know, Sega CD forever, or perhaps the Saturn versions, but, these were the first versions I played, & I absolutely love em'!

Arc the Lad 1-3, I recently finally played thru them on my Vita, great games, probably enjoyed 3 the most.  I ended up picking up 4 & 5 for PS2 even though I heard negativity towards them.  I also got the HD version of 4 on PS4 when it was on sale.

Beyond the Beyond.  Say what you will, I enjoyed it, even with all it's quirks, including IIRC a high encounter rate.

Breath of Fire 3, never got around to playing 4, maybe someday.  I also picked up the PSP english version.

Castlevania SotN.  Didn't see anyone point this one out, kinda surprised!  It's not my favorite Igavania, that would be Dawn of Sorrow or Portrait of Ruin, but it's a great game!

Crash 1-3, & I picked up the recent remake.

Fighting Force, played thru this 3D Streets of Rage many a time!

Final Fantasy 7, twas my first FF, so, it holds a special place in my heart.

Crusader: No Remorse.  I'm sure people probably prefer the PC version.  Wish No Regret came out for PS1.  I think part of the reason I enjoyed this game is cuz it reminded me a little of Shadow Run for SNES.

Mega Man Legends 1 & 2 & Misadventures of Tron Bonne, finally played thru those recently on my Vita.

Mega Man 8 & X4

Metal Gear Solid, it may be half cinema, but, loved the game.

Parasite Eve, love it, but the sequel I couldn't get into.  Recently played PE2 on my Vita.  I do enjoy 3rd Birthday however.

Wild Arms, love it, if only for the soundtrack, but it's a great game in it's own right.  I've only beaten Wild Arms 1, 4, & Alter Code F.....which is a remake of one.  I swear I'll beat the others one of these days!

Vandal Hearts, great game, couldn't get into the sequels.

bob

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 05:39:31 PM »
Musashi was a disappointment

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2017, 06:15:37 PM »
Musashi was a disappointment

I dunno, I loved it.  I also played the FF8 demo over and over to watch Selphie faceplant on those rocks.

I played a ton of Bushido Blade, too.

It was mindblowing to have a fighting game where you could one-hit kill someone.

Easily some of my most memorable action gaming came from Jumping Flash 2 and Tenchu , though.

and MOTHER f*ckING

TAI
FU
WRATH
OF THE
TIGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

lol

I've recently gone through some of these games again and they still hold up fantastically, and I admittedly prefer them to some more recent 3D action stuff.

These still have a 2Dish, arcade feel to them.

Ninja: Shadow of Darkness is another one

OR HOW ABOUT FEAR EFFECT

EDIT:
Or, Deathtrap Dungeon, or Xena, or Nightmare Creatures!

TDIRunner

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 01:51:42 AM »

I did not include Crash in the 3D platformers, because as you indicated, it plays more like a 2D game. I have fond memories of going through Crash 2 with one of my best buddies while we were in college. Some of the platforming to get 100% was insane. I think we ended up 98% or something (lost the save years ago).

I don't consider getting 100% in Crash 2 to be that difficult.  I try to do it at least once per year.  It's a fun challenge that I look forward to.  Getting 100% on Crash 1 is much more difficult in my opinion.  I don't consider that as fun, and while I love the game, when I play it, I play it to beat it and that's it.  I've completed it 100% one time, and I doubt I will ever even try that again.  The fact that you have to get all boxes WITHOUT DIEING is what ruins it for me.  They fixed this issue in the HD remake on PS4, but unfortunately, the jumping physics are different, and therefore the game is unplayable for me.  I'll stick with the originals.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

TDIRunner

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 01:55:43 AM »
I see a few people already mentioned Vandal Hearst which I also highly recommend.  I still haven't played the sequels which I've always wanted to (finally picked up VH2 about a year ago). 

Another game I will mention that I rarely hear about is Felony 11-79.  It's a driving game where you are running from the cops on a time limit.  It was unique when it was new because it was sort of "open world" in that you could go wherever you wanted while you were trying to escape.  Although the strict time limit prevented you from doing any time of exploring.  Unfortunately, it's one of those games that makes up for it's short length by being extremely difficult. 
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Punch

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 02:15:50 AM »
I see a few people already mentioned Vandal Hearst which I also highly recommend.  I still haven't played the sequels which I've always wanted to (finally picked up VH2 about a year ago). 

Another game I will mention that I rarely hear about is Felony 11-79.  It's a driving game where you are running from the cops on a time limit.  It was unique when it was new because it was sort of "open world" in that you could go wherever you wanted while you were trying to escape.  Although the strict time limit prevented you from doing any time of exploring.  Unfortunately, it's one of those games that makes up for it's short length by being extremely difficult. 

Is it as good as Driver though?

I saw the videos for that game and it looked hilarious, I'll check it out soon.

TDIRunner

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 03:31:45 AM »

Is it as good as Driver though?

Certainly not, but it was also released much sooner.  Felony 11-79 was the game that me me realize that an open world game would be pretty awesome.  Although, I never really got into Driver much.  GTA3 was my first true 3D open world game.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 03:39:33 AM »
car games are stupid
youre all stupid

Twisted Metal is the one true religion.

lol

geise

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 03:45:51 AM »
Hermie Hopperhead

Gredler

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 07:42:44 AM »
I used to go frigging crazy scanning CDs into Monster Rancher. Some serious "magically mysterious" moments playing that game.

The game itself wasn't complete garbage either, was probably the only monster collecting and training game I ever put more than 5 hrs into